RollerCoaster Tycoon World announced

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World announced

Post by Pyoro »

Factually there's no reason (aside from perhaps kickstarter projects etc) to ever preorder anything, yet loads of people do it. And they love getting beta access etc. One of the big mysteries of the gaming community ^^

I'm also not exactly "happy" about the "deluxe edition":
Additional Mascot: Wow your guests with the RCT franchise’s classic “Panda” mascot.
Digital Art Book: A beautifully designed art book illustrates the story of RCTW art and park elements from concept to in-game.
2 Additional Maps: Build your dream park on two new exotic map packs.
Additional Terrain Textures: Bring your park to vibrant life with additional terrain texture packs.
Golden Park Entrance: Delight guests and show off your solid gold style with an exclusive Deluxe-Edition park entrance.

I don't mind art books and things, but game content exclusively used for DLC ... sigh. Modern games :/
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Those are just tiny graphical additions. Silly paying extra.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Chrill wrote:Those are just tiny graphical additions. Silly paying extra.
£30.00 for basic and 45.00 for deluxe. £15 for those deluxe extra? Pass.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote:Those are just tiny graphical additions. Silly paying extra.
I find often after a while, the previous early access / backer extras often end up released to the general playerbase anyway.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw ... arly-2016/

They delayed the release from December to "Early 2016"
So now, here is more detail on what improvements and additional features will be implemented within our adjusted timeline:

Additional Coaster Builder Functionality, using predefined lines and curves: As you know, the game offers a 3D spline-based coaster editor, giving you full flexibility to create never-before-possible track designs. As seen by the entries to our Alienware contest (http://bit.ly/RCTWContest) many of you were able to create some truly breathtaking rides. At the same time, it’s clear from our review of the Beta that some of you also desire the ability to build tracks with predefined lines and curves. Thus, we are adding that functionality to the coaster system to give you both options. It’s truly the best of both worlds.

Improved Coaster Test Mode Feedback: A pillar of the franchise is the ability to test coasters and then adjust them to provide a more exciting, safer, or in some cases even more nauseating experience. Our Beta test revealed that not everyone had the information they needed to effectively accomplish this. We have now designed an incredible system to provide detailed superimposed heatmaps right onto your coasters following tests. Also – we know that coasters fly off the tracks too often. An update is in the works!

Fence Tool: People are very passionate about their fences. So are we. (this part cracked me up, PR overdrive) Our fencing tool will be improved, allowing you to place fences more quickly, and align them exactly how you want.

On-Demand Grid: A number of you used the on-demand grid provided in the Beta but found it still too limiting. We have a number of designs for how we can make our grid system bigger and better.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

That seems fairly what, and still not much justification considering base cost. Think I'll stick with RCT2. Still not found anything that's beats it on graphics vs gameplay. Simple to the point graphics withy plenty to do. So unless the holiday steam sale smashs it's price, think it will be a while before I go here.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

I'm more looking forward to Planet Coaster than Tycoon World.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm still following Parkitectas well as openRCT2. both are looking good and coming n leaps and bounds.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

10+ years zero worthy RTCs, then we get multiple. Hopefully at least one of them will be great - not just good. One is enough. But it has to be better than the old ones to be worth the fuss :x
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

They've been making a big deal out of the open-ended track editor, but I think I'll have a lot of trouble getting used to it. I always found security in the constraints of the old editors and the grid landscape. Still, despite my skepticism, I know I'm gonna drop $50 on it.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Just for being totally random: a "rollercoaster" that takes 3000 ingame years to finish its ride -
http://www.gamestar.de/videos/trailer,3 ... 86599.html
(or 210 real-life days)

(not sure if the original video is somewhere else available...)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

New video on this, much longer than it needed to be considering all they have to say is "you can put custom 3D models into this and they may or may not be purely cosmetic"

I don't even know if it's worth making a new thread for this, but on that same day they also made an in-depth commentary on Planet Coaster, yet another RCT spinoff.

So we have this unholy trinity of upcoming RCT successors, spiritual or not - Parkitect, Planet Coaster and RCTW. The classy one, the pretty one, and the Unity one.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

So both RCTW and Planet Coaster are playable, though not finished.

Planet Coaster seems to be the most optimised by far! Barely takes any loading time, and I've not had any FPS dips.
  1. Planet Coaster Alpha buy in is more expensive though.
  2. and RCTW is "mostly negative".
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

i've given up RCTW as a bad job. Planet Coaster & Parkitect and more than playable and for me at least, more promising than RCTW!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Same here. I had pre-ordered, but took the opportunity for a Steam Refund on it.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I'll just leave this here;
Last known as: Weirdy
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

SkeedR wrote:I'll just leave this here;
eeeeh. Seeing as the isometric games were RCT at its best for me, Parkitect would be my 'true sequel' :D

Speaking of which, Parkitect is coming to Steam Early Access on 5th May! Just got a news letter in my email from the Parkitect team, which points to the Steam page which is already live: http://store.steampowered.com//app/453090?beta=0 - The news letter says it'll be $17.99 when on Steam (Up slightly from $15 currently). They've made a really nice little intro video for the steam page :D

Return to “Off-Topic”