RollerCoaster Tycoon World announced

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

RollerCoaster Tycoon World announced

Post by Drury »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/ ... ease?watch
Developed by Pipeworks, RollerCoaster Tycoon World once again puts players in charge of a theme park, complete with rides, shops, patrons and, of course, the titular roller coasters. Park maintenance and customer happiness need to be tended to, as well as overall construction and expansion efforts. But in the newest installment, players can also cooperate with up to four players to manage one massive amusement park.
Other players' parks can be visited, and coaster blueprints can be shared online as well –– Pipeworks wants to make RollerCoaster Tycoon World the most connected Tycoon title yet.
Not sure what's so fantastic about sharing coasters, we could do that in every RCT. Anyway, it can't be worse than the last game, so...

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World announced

Post by Pyoro »

Drury wrote:Anyway, it can't be worse than the last game, so...
That's what people said about SimCity after SC Societies ...
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Drury wrote: Anyway, it can't be worse than the last game, so...
Yes, that is so.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Would we finally get a decent RCT game that's actually an improvement over RCT2? I hope so, but I have my doubts :(
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

I have only played RCT I, III and the reprobate fourth one. What are actually the differences between RCT I and RCT II?
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

S-Transport wrote:I have only played RCT I, III and the reprobate fourth one. What are actually the differences between RCT I and RCT II?
Some minor updates to graphics and gamemodes. I play RCT2 mainly because it is easier to make it run on my Windows 7. It looks more or less the same as RCT1. Could just as well have been marketed as an expansion pack really.

This new one looks fairly decent though. Micro transaction free, as well. I guess that's a plus.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Chrill wrote: I play RCT2 mainly because it is easier to make it run on my Windows 7.
I remember being surprised that RCT I works without any patch on my Windows 8 notebook.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Awh. It's fully 3D again, was hoping they'd go back to retroy RCT1/2 style graphics :(
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Chrill wrote:Some minor updates to graphics and gamemodes.
Don't forget the feature to be able to place objects higher/lower by holding the shift key. And the scenario editor. And the removal of the ability of being able to charge both entrance and ride fees.
I think it was mainly a new title due to the collaboration with Six Flags. And of course because selling the same game to the same people again works really well.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

FooBar wrote:
Chrill wrote:Some minor updates to graphics and gamemodes.
Don't forget the feature to be able to place objects higher/lower by holding the shift key.
Deffo the bit i liked the most about RCT2 ;)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Maybe I should buy it...
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

S-Transport wrote:Maybe I should buy it...
RCT2? Yes, certainly. You should be able to pick it up, including the add-ons, for about 10 euros.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

FooBar wrote:
S-Transport wrote:Maybe I should buy it...
RCT2? Yes, certainly. You should be able to pick it up, including the add-ons, for about 10 euros.
If you use Steam, you can buy RCT2 there for 6.99 GBP, which is about 8.7 euro at current exchange rate (Steam may use its own pricing)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

It does. In euros it's 9,99. So that's not a better or worse deal than an offline version. You don't get a box though.
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

I will see, first I will go into holiday in a few days.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

FooBar wrote:It does. In euros it's 9,99. So that's not a better or worse deal than an offline version. You don't get a box though.
Bleh, thats one of the things I dislike about steam. You're sometimes left to pay higher prices than other people.
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

I like Steam not very much, too.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

What I most dislike about steam is that you don't have something physical in your hands. When I pay for something I like to be able to hold it in my hands. That you don't have to put a disk in the drive each time you want to play is rather convenient though. And often they do have a good deal when something is on sale.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Redirect Left wrote:Awh. It's fully 3D again, was hoping they'd go back to retroy RCT1/2 style graphics :(
3D isn't necessarily a bad thing. But RCT3 had the most crappy interface that massively confused me.
S-Transport wrote:I have only played RCT I, III and the reprobate fourth one. What are actually the differences between RCT I and RCT II?
I think the most notable feature in RCT II is that it lets you build scenery and items on higher levels, giving you the possibility to build your scenery in three dimensions rather than only two.

For example this screenshot I found at google;
That entire building is built up from very small pieces of scenery.

And of course RCT II adds even more rides and scenery items. But it's basically the same game as RCT I. TBH I'd say RCT I doesn't offer anything RCT II doesn't offer.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Kind of sceptical if I'm honest. While I found RCT3 enjoyable (particularly riding the rides), it doesn't have quite the same amount of staying power as RCT2. The gameplay of RCT2 with the graphics to bring it into the modern age would be ideal in my opinion, though I doubt that's what we'll get.

Regardless, I'll probably buy it anyway out of fanboy loyalty. Which is why the industry gets away with making bad games.
Attachments
Ffy17tN.png
Ffy17tN.png (275.36 KiB) Viewed 910 times
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0

Return to “Off-Topic”