Factorio - Sci-fi factory building, management and combat

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Factorio - Sci-fi factory building, management and combat

Post by lobster »

But why no carousel layout? I always do that for my science layouts, don't know why exactly.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Factorio - Sci-fi factory building, management and combat

Post by lobster »

So this game also came around a bit, really got close to the official 1.0 release now. The complexity has been increased compared to last we discussed this on the forum, but if it's complexity you want there's all the angels and bobs in the mods you want.

Interesting to see how this type of logistics game has become more of a thing recently. Here's some I've been either eyeing or even bought:

Automation Empire
Recently released, it's getting kinda meh reviews but based on the graphics alone I might pick this up. It's kinda basic but it's more of a transport type game as well, with trains and the like. In an ideal scenario this would have a good mod API and people'd turn this into a more fleshed out game, because these graphics get me wildin.

Factory Town
This has been out for a while and I haven't played it but it's looking very good. Very much both a town-building and logistics game in one, in a way.

Kubifactorum
Also kind of a combo citybuilder/logistics, this has a bit more of the citybuilding side. Very cutesy look, and some people name Harvest Moon as an influence. Very interesting.

"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”