Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server.

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I like Tekkit, but my and my friends are using a modified version of it, with trains (yes real ones :P). But I don't like the survival part, I just want to create crazy contraptions. Like the teleporter selector I posted a time ago, or a nice automated sorter (including the raw ore transforming part.)

Currently working on an automated rail builder system, witch I can use in my TBM. So yeah I like to build crazy stuff, instead of trying to survive. And start with low voltage solar panels, bat boxes etc. :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

Tekkit is waaay too boring with EE-2.

4 rotary macerators , 3'chests that exchange items (forgot the name)'. 2 are to be used for going from blaze powder to diamond blocks (or higher EMC-items (like red matter stuff)). And the other 'chest' goes from blaze powder back to blaze rods.

It takes you 1 trip to the nether, and just 1 macerator + 'that chest' to get the system going. Then when you have enough powder just do some manual pwder->blaze conversions and voila, manual diamond creation, which means you can get INFINITE everything. Really soon, as soon as you get your first nether portal up (3 diamonds (pickaxe)).

I had built a very small factory (really, a factory) with about 50 crafting tables MK2, a bunch of advanced macerators/induction furnaces/compressors, all linked with tubes and retrievulators.
THen at the other side of the room I had about 80 of those 'EE-chest things' once again, with retrievualtors. Pulling in diamond blocks cteated by a diamond flower. These 80 chests were creating all sorts of EMC-based materials. From rubber to diamonds and other stuff that had EMC on it.

This made it possible to create advanced solar panels (the 512/t versions) in just a right-click action. And it took around 5 minutes to create a new one. Free mats, free everything, took about a small week (2h a day) to setup. "what need for a nuke reactor"?

Feed The Beast (Ultimate pack at this moment, Direwolf20 pack before) uses EE-3. This does not have the automatic crafting of infinite mats using 'special-chests-that-are-very-cheap-to-make'. Sure you can get infinite diamonds "if you have nough materials". I don'tknow the conversion but it was around 8000 or so dirt gets you 1 diamond? It just takes a hell a lot of time because it can not be automated and needs to be done by hand. (4 gold = 1 diamond as well).

Anyway, with FTB (ultimate) stuff is a bit harder now. We've been playing this pack now for about two weeks, and we still have tons, TONS to discover. With IC2 we are not even mid-tech level. Only one person has 1 solar panel (1EU/t version) yet. And no T-2 solar panel because it is just damn expansive to make 'free-EU-generating-things'. WHICH IS A BLOODY GOOD THING. :P

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

They don't have EE2 anymore now 3.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I am going to have a look if I manage to find the option to change to peacefull mode.

Daan you are not obliged to use anything you do not want to use. ;)

I am at -425, -143 and wanderer is at - 239, 25.
I will have a place to relax and he will have a stripmine and other stuff over at his place.

About that version changing .. I could of course play alone to test some modpacks but I'd rather not ...

I can three have seven minecraft versions without losing data.
Each version I pick now will have its version continued at some point in the future.
For the last third we could vote perhaps?
I'll ad a poll to the first post in a bit.

I am looking into other options for the future but these savegames will not be lost. ;)

- voltz
- plus+

Edit:
I have added a new poll.
Changing your mind is enabled as more suggestions are added.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Very unfortunately, while I was searching the tekkit wiki for information I could not hear the screams of my player in Tekkit itself. Hence, I died and lost all my items before I was even aware I died.

The items include everything that was made from the 13 copper ores ChillCore gave me. I'm so sorry :bow:
I'll go get more.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Just a small message ... for those of you that want to join.

The server is in peacefull mode right now.
Creative mode is available on request, however it is a privilige and not a given, pls keep that in mind.

Server rule n +1. Do not use your powers on anyones plot but your own unless the plot owner allows you to do so.

Your plot will be whatever land is visible in a square minimap while standing at your frontdoor.

Please give me your coordinates and your ingame name before starting any bigger constructions.
You will be allowed to claim additional plots but first try filling your own with something you want to share wit the rest of us.

There will be no messing with the server all weekend, I'll be flying around and making the route to warrander's place a little safer..
Have fun.

There are a few beds there where you can rest and grap some spare parts.
warander loves people helping him mine. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

I do like to join in on your server ChillCore, what is the latest info on joining your server in terms of minecraft version, whitelist status (i.e. do I need to fill out an application form?) and connection info? I have just PM'd you my minecraft username as requested in your previous posts.

As for your 'dunno-what-to-do' server, I suggest that you use it for testing purposes and a 'learning' server so that if you are unsure of something or trying something out, you got an opportunity to do that so you are not disrupting your primary server if the additions crash the game for any reason.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Just log in the IP is in the first post.

Gamemode is peaceful now but I have sent some inventations and at least one person person wanted survival.

For the moment the server is blacklisted so you can just join and have a look,
If you like what you see you can send me a PM with your ingame name for possinle whitelisting later.

For now you are free to go mining or you can stay at my house a bit.
If you want to claim a plot leave a sign at my house with coordinates.

ps:
I will only reserve a plot for you if you aply for the whitelist. ;)
If you lose something because of lag let me know, i'll replace it. ;)

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Last day of Tekkit peeps, for now anyway ... ;)

I have changed the polling system once again.
Please re-vote.

Voting on the forum can be done untill thursdays (friday morning-ish) and you have two votes.
One extra vote for claiming a plot ingame.
You do this by putting a sign at Home. I will then have a look and aprove or not, depending on what your designation is.

ps:
Unknown (to you :P) achievements ingame will earn you extra votes; for which you have time untill sundays to cast them.
Sometimes you will be awarded these votes at a later point in time.
If you prefer you can save them up untill you have enough to force your will upon us.
When you do this ... it better be worth it. ;)

pps:
psssssst ... APDAF ... tomorrow FTB ... what version do you want? ... I'll see what I can do for you.
If not this time it will be on the next time we do FTB;
Also, If all plot claimers agree we could blow the hell out of this map next weekend. :mrgreen:

APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

ChillCore wrote: pps:
psssssst ... APDAF ... tomorrow FTB ... what version do you want? ... I'll see what I can do for you.
If not this time it will be on the next time we do FTB;
Also, If all plot claimers agree we could blow the hell out of this map next weekend.
Mindcrack pack it has traincraft in it as well as most other FTB modpack mods.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server. (FTB untill monday )

Post by ChillCore »

FTB Mindcrack is up and running.

I am still messing with the configs and all that stuff and my FTB launcher on windows refuses duty too.
I will remove the testing part from my post as soon as I am done playing with the server itself.
Anything you build before that time will be lost as I will restart the world from scratch just before releasing the world to you.

The last backup of Home (20.4MB) is available on demand for plotclaimers.

Final standings on extra votes and names of unlocked achivements will be available soon.
So so close CmdKewin 3 meters and you had another vote ... better luck next time. ;)

pps:
I will be going semi-publick next month with the server.
From now on guests can earn votes too. These votes can be accumulated over longer periods of time too.

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server. (Tekkit Classic untill monday)

Post by ChillCore »

Oh my ... seems like everyone has been so busy playing that we all forgot to vote. :P
I have voted FTB and something else. The something else would be Tekkit classic for another week.

Please ... if you vote something else make a post about it too.
Otherwise I can not take that vote into account ... besides adding it to my personal preference that is ... so for now Tekkit classic has two votes.

This will be the last week of voting like this for the current running versions.
Starting next week we will decide on the next running version ingame but there will be still an opertunity to vote for testing other mod(pack)s.

We are nine players now: 7 tt-forums members and 2 that came out of nowhere and may or may not be staying with us.
More players are welcome still; read: 4/5 slots remain unused most of the times and the server is still open to all.
If any of the current players is concerned about griefers ... I am making at least two additional backups a day and I do so too whenever I see someone join I do not know or do not fully trust yet. ;)

Important notice
I have given two people admin status so far.
They have the power and my permission to ask for behaviour adjustment, warn, kick or ban as they see fit.
I really do not like people behaving differently while no 'authority' is ingame, so in addition to the above ... admins on my server have my permission to not reveal themselves as such untill they really need to.
If you do get kicked while I am not present and you feel it was injust or for a wrong reason ... then pls do talk to me about it, we are all human and humans make misstakes.

ps:
We had one minor incident this week, the one involved knows who he is ... I will not mention who you are here unless you come forward yourself ...
Since I can not talk to you ingame without you disconnecting and I will not be contacting you myself via PM ...

This is what I have to say about it:
I will not have that happen another time ... I will not accept anyone speaking like that to anyone on my server ... not now not ever!
If another player asks you to leave his machinery alone you do so, simples.
Do not think for a moment that you have privacy ingame or that I will not find out afterwards what happened ... everything you say in public or in private does show up in the webinterface ... heck I can even tell you to the second when you used a wrech to remove a machine including the exact coordinates ... (not saying you effectively removed a machine that was not yours ... just mentioning that I can find out if needed).

You are on your last chance ... like it or leave it ...
I run the server to have fun with friends and not to babysit someone or anyone for that matter.
Whoever I can not trust 200% will not be whitelisted when the time comes or may be blacklisted before we even go private with a much larger modpack later on.
We will go private with that one right from the start and it will be personal invitation only.
Invitation will happen depending on your behaviour in one of the two current games which will run for at least a year.

If you want to talk about this you are free to send me a pm or talk to me ingame.

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I voted 'Something Else', and would support another week of the current Tekkit world.
If you feel like running Alternative Vote, my second choice would be last week's FTB map.

In future, could you assume my vote to be 'whatever the current map is'... :P
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

FlHerne wrote: I voted 'Something Else', and would support another week of the current Tekkit world.
If you feel like running Alternative Vote, my second choice would be last week's FTB map.
I asume you voted before me as I see no change in the first post.
as for your alternative vote ... you do have two votes available.
Not sure if you can spend both of them on one option though. I will need to find a solution to that ...
Maybe the next voting round will be 1 vote available in the first post and a alternative preference by posting? Thoughts?
In future, could you assume my vote to be 'whatever the current map is'... :P
I could, but I will ask anyway ... in case you really do not have a prefference I will simply double my own votes. :mrgreen:

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

ChillCore wrote:...in case you really do not have a preference...
'The current map' is a preference.
I don't especially care which world it is, but I prefer to play on the same one for long periods if possible. :wink:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Same here, really. Though I would also like to try out Plus+, even if I am a little uncertain about playability (my laptop isn't the best...)
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

I voted for the FTB map again.

And for the something else I vote for FTB Direwolf20's pack.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

What option in the voting counts as Tekkit? :P
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Something else and you posting your preference Geo Ghost, this time at least.

I did not think of adding that option last week. :oops:

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

While taking the wishes from players ingame into account and not adding APDAF's someting else vote in favor of tekkit, Tekkit has taken the lead with 5 votes over 4. I guess we we will be having another week of Tekkit as the current running version.

Also later this week I want to have a little test with faster game swithching between Tekkit Classic and FTB. However I will not be doing that starting today as I need to figure out a way still to make this as easy as possible for everyone involved.
Read: I have to be online myself in order to put back the current running version when asked for it untill I have set up some admin accounts for the actual server too ... the 2 admins I mentioned earlier are admins ingame only and do not have controll the server (yet).
More info will follow before we start doing this effectively.

Maybe next week we could all invade the classic world smallfy has running for a bit so that I can take the server offline for a bit to be able to upload Plus+ to the server too? (I still can install 4 versions without losing data)
my upload speed is rather low and I can only upload for an hour at a time before I am interupted by the actual server owners (nitrado).

Wanderer, I have not yet tested the current version of Plus+ myself neither other than installing and starting it up to see how long it takes to initialise.
Would you mind getting it (via the tekkit launcher) and have a little test if/when you find the time?
Startup could be rather slughish but once you are ingame it should run rather reasonably, at least that was my experience with only 1GB assigned to it.
If it is really unplayble for you I will see that you get something less extensive to test instead. ;)

APDAF, I have already let you choose a specific version and it is someone elses turn now to choose this. ;)
Our current FTB game will be a long running game too ... it is comming back as running version, no worries about that.

ps:
I will install Voltz too at the same time as uploading plus+ ... as that version has been getting quite a few votes too during the past rounds of voting. I would not mind giving a go too (later, but not much, when faster game switching will be in effect).

pps:
Note that for now this faster game switching will only happen between the current running version and 1 other version we will vote for here on the forums. At least for now. I do not want people to go insane (not yet) :mrgreen:
Also we will be taking this slowly, I still have a lot to explain to ease people into something like this.

ppps:
I am still looking at another option (server change) to be able to run two versions at the same time without increasing the costs. ;)
As the conversation about this option is started in private I will not be giving details about that just yet, if at all.

Return to “Off-Topic”