Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server.

Post by ChillCore »

wanderer28 wrote: Man, don't get me wrong, I really meant RailCraft was like, the mod to install, since we're in a forum that has a primary focus on transportation simulation games an' all :wink:
Ah ok, i did missunderstand then.
I thought you meant I would get more players by posting somewhere else too.

Thx, for explaining.

ps:
I went through a lot of online poopoo the past few weeks because of smallminded peeps (not you and not here) and I seem to missunderstand peeps a lot lately. :roll:
As you were soldier. :lol:
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I've been playing a lot of FtB Ultimate on my friend's server recently, but i'm always alone on it so it's a bit boring. I highly recommend FtB though - Thaumcraft in particular is devilishly fun. :D
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

smallfly wrote: Regarding the server: I recommend http://www.nitrado.net. 10 Slots, 365 days => 97,00 EUR. Thus each player should donate 10 EUR.
Had a quick look at nitrado prices seem reasonable.

- 10 slots does the mean 10 players max at any time? Ifso ... somehow I get the feeling this will not be enough (11 votes already if I count the maybes as yes).

- If I get a sever with 10 slots, will I be able to upgrade later or will I be stuck with 10 slots for the duration for the contract?
Perhaps I could start renting for one month, then three and after that a year to see and decide after that

- So far I see preferences for Vanilla, FTB, Tekkit and I do like my own modpack too (I found a larger one and threw in a bit untill it stopped working; I then removed the last one I added added et voila.). Can I run two of these at the same time on the same server or do I need two servers for that?
I have seen that using nitrado I can swap between 70 games, I would not mind doing this between Vanilla and a few other versions every so often depending on who is online and who is not (or just every few days on a fixed shedule).

- Passwords ... can I instead just whitelist ... maybe that would be easier to keep unwanted guests out and removing the need to remember another password, there are so many passwords and codes I already need to remember in life (can't even remember the code on my ID atm; good that it expires soon, roflol)

Detail, details .. but yeah I still have few unanswered questions remaing; I never ever ran a server before (besides a quick OpenTTD test on my lan). Yay I will learn something new soon.

jonty-comp wrote: I've been playing a lot of FtB Ultimate on my friend's server recently, but i'm always alone on it so it's a bit boring. I highly recommend FtB though - Thaumcraft in particular is devilishly fun. :D
I hope that mine will be a little busier, welcome to you too. ;)

Is your friends server that calm at all times? Maybe he can transfer it to me (I will pay for it if the price is right) to get us started and give me a better idea on what we actually need in the end?

May I ask the people that anwsered maybe to give the reason for not voting yes?
I can fully understand if you're not sure if you will have time but if your reason is the choice between vanilla or modded swapping at regular intervals is a solution. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

Slots = max players at the same time
Slot number very flexible. As far as i remember you can change it every day or at least every month. But please read the nitrado FAQ.
Nitrado works like a prepaid card for a mobile phone. You pay for what you use.
Whitelist supported by minecraft. Dont set any password. Just add users to whitelist using an online text editor on the nitrado website to configure the minecraft whitelist. But again: please read their FAQs.
You can always switch between different games. But you need two "servers" to run two games parallely.

I suggest to start a new poll: "What kind of private minecraft server would you like to join?" Options: Modded, Vanilla.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I was just checking things out smallfly,
I still have a lot to read ... I was already aware of the slots being easily increased.
I still need to read lots more.

You seem to know what and how ...
If I PM you a safepaycard code (or charge your account whatever that is) and PM you a temp password and other required info .. would you be willing to start the thing up for us already to get us going? Vanilla minecraft, last snapshot, 10 slots, 30days.

I will change the password later (after you give me the details) and will use somekind of whitelist if that is possible at all to make hings easier for all.
I myself need to wait 3-5 workdays for my minecraft account to be activated (somwhere between thursday and monday that will be) and in the meantime the rest of you can start having fun already.

The poll you suggest will not be needed? I can install three versions of minecraft I think.
I will have a few vesions of minecraft to switch between (?as desired or on a regular basis?) from time to time so everybody gets his way.

Just an idea:
- Vanilla (last snapshot always)
- FTB (endorsed by modders), (updated whenever, if I am sure it will not ruin the map that is)
- My modpack (remains as is forever but should have everything tekkit has and more <- current version never crashed untill now)

Also I will ask for OpenTTD to be added later as a game too choose from, yes I can send an e-mail. :lol:

/me thinks that I need to really really stop chatting ... horrible reading my own posts these days. :(

smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

ChillCore wrote:If I PM you a safepaycard code ...
Stop. Please don't send me any information like this. I am willing to help you but I don't want to be responsible for your money/account. Please register at nitrado.net und first of all try to set up a minecraft server with the number of slots you like. It's very easy. I think you won't need any help at all. But if you do need help, let me know. But - as I said - first of all try it yourself.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Calm smallfly ... I do understand

The only thing I was going to give you is a temp pasword to start the server and 10 euros for the first month (which I know you would not have run off with).
I would have pressed the activation link in my e-mail acount myself you know ... I am not that stupid; no offence intended.

Will take a bit longer then as I do not want to make misstakes like I already bought a game for myself on steam instead of giving it to someone else so I bought it twice.
Good thing that I do like the game but I will need a new pc for it to be able to run it, will be next year or so and perhaps even in two years ... bits and bytes do not rust. ;)

ps:
A paysafecard nr is just a ticket I buy at the grocerie store just like I recharge my pre-paid phone.
Once used it is no longer valid and I just buy a new one when needed (different code each time).

Edit:
Anyone that wants in can already PM me his minecraft account name for the whitelist ... the server will go live sooner or later. ;)

Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

I seem to be slightly late to the party, but i am also willing to join a 'potential' server

Just to put my vote in, i think i would prefer a vanilla server, but i would also be willing to play on FTB if that is what others wanted (i've currently been playing the MindCrack pack, if that matters also)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Your early mate ... the party has yet to begin and it looks like it is going to be a ball.

I still did not find time to read properly what to click where and how to continue from there to get you peeps started already and I cannot test properly untill my account is activated, has been easter and all so.

Busy busy in real life; stuff that consumes time, more time than I am willing to spend but yeah, no choice atm.

ps:
After Smallfly's reaction I am a bit hesitant to ask again but ... anyone wants to start it up ... all I can lose is 10 euros; I already paid 550 for internet and games just this week (including ISP for the next two years).
I mean Steam had me for more then 10 and no nothing I can do about that ... stupid small print meh.

APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

@ChillCore: Where is my reply?
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

APDAF, no offence but please go to your outbox and check if I even got a chance to read your PM ... anyway I will read it now, ok?

I just enabled JavaScript three times now, enabled cookies and it looks like I am getting somewhere to start up the server for you peeps.
I will start it up for you peeps as I refuse to even try online mode untill I have my official version. When I mentioned earlier that going online with my current launcher does not feel right, I meant to say exactly that ... I have not even pointed at that button from the very first day I found a launcher that worked to be able to test if wanted to buy MineCraft at all (a 100 minutes demo is nice and a very kind gesture, it is by no means long enough for me to decide this as I am a slow player.)

Edit:

* snip *
Be gone bad mood. GO!
Last edited by ChillCore on 03 Apr 2013 04:33, edited 1 time in total.

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Second try.

What reply APDAF are you expecting from me?
That I have whitelisted you on a server that is not even running yet?

I will continue and see if I get this thing up and running in 5.
The page advertises in 60 seconds online ... Not my fault that most sites do not run properly without cookies or javascript ... when I asked on phppb forums years ago they answered that phppb is not designed to do that, however ... tt-forums has always worked as expected for me; besides the textformatting that is, not orudges fault.

APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

ChillCore wrote: That is the first and last time you have spoken to me like this APDAF,
Next time I want to see that message replaced with:
"ChillCore, I have sent you a PM."
Sorry about that, I was in a mood at that time.
ChillCore wrote: What reply APDAF are you expecting from me?
That I have whitelisted you on a server that is not even running yet?
I like notifications for things, it's just how I like things to be done, aspergers and all.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

As you can read I am in a mood too, real life and all + the online poopoo elsewhere.

You have mentioned your asperger before, I forgot sorry. I will do my best to keep this in mind for the future.

Apolgie accepted, forgive and forgotten.
I aplogise too.

In reply to the answer you were expecting. Yes I have read your PM you will be whitelisted as will everyone else that sends me his username by PM.
I am about to make the payment via paysafecard.

ps:
I could use some help here continuing ... Smallfly intersted in having server details? I need someone to whitelist in case I am not here, also in case things go wrong.
Actually I am looking for two peeps ... just in case.
I and we have been here long enough to start trusting eachother ... the only thing at stake is our reputations ;)

Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

If you happen to go FTB, go for the Ultimate FTB pack. It is 'the' official FTB pack. The other ones (Mindcrack/Direwolf20) are modpacks-made-by-others-released-through-feed-the-beast

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

If it were up to me I would install allthree versions at once ... I can test neither of the three.

someone please stay here live ...

What do I pick
- publicserver
- publicserver basic
- eps publicserver

??

smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

ChillCore wrote: What do I pick
- publicserver
- publicserver basic
- eps publicserver

??
You take public server. Basic is not enough to use minecraft on the server. Please set up the modded server. I myself reactivated my old vanilla server (I restarted the server with a new clean map). So we have two options for the tt-forum members as soon as you set up your server.
Last edited by smallfly on 02 Apr 2013 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Ok done and now ...

I saw your thread .. you have a vanilla one right.
I will go for something else so we can switch between them ;)
Last edited by ChillCore on 02 Apr 2013 21:16, edited 2 times in total.

smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

ChillCore wrote:Ok done and now ...
Click on "order gameserver".
//edit: oh you already did it. so your server is up and running :)

//edit:
Click on "My Server" => "Webinterface Login"
There you find easy options to switch between games and edit basic settings. If you need more advanced options, use a FTP program like FileZilla. The webinterface provides FTP account data. You can upload plugins etc. using FTP. Afterwards restart your server.

If you want to know more about server settings, see http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server.properties
Last edited by smallfly on 02 Apr 2013 21:09, edited 4 times in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I have edited my previuos post ... you went for vanilla I will see if I find FTB else it will be tekikt

Tekkit (Beta) it is for now, can not find FTB in the options.
ip
78.143.10.59:25565

It should be up and running now ... for now open to all I think ... whitelisting will happen when I read some more.

Please send me player names if you want to be able to continue to play later on.

EDIT: Thank you for that link Smallfly, I will check it out in a bit.

ps: Really sorry for my mood, not your fault peeps.

Return to “Off-Topic”