Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server. (Tekkit Classic untill monday)

Post by ChillCore »

As of now the server is whitelisted.
Please read the first post I adjusted it too.

If you can not join please reply to the thread and PM me your minecraft ID (also if you applied before; I may not have your correct ID).
As soon as I have replied to the thread the error will be rectified.
Untill then ... here are some screenies for you to drool on :mrgreen:
Attachments
2013-04-26_13.31.00.png
(253.1 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
2013-04-26_13.41.05.png
(524.53 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
2013-04-26_13.42.20.png
(770.32 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by ChillCore on 27 Apr 2013 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Some more screenies ...

Will lave some room for other peeps to post now.
Attachments
2013-04-27_08.39.52.png
No request pipes? ... solved!
(713.67 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
2013-04-27_07.33.26.png
Questionable ethics? ... Check!
(675.47 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
2013-04-27_07.55.07.png
See you soon? ...
(516.36 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Are we running a different server currently? As I can't get into the tekkit one :p
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server. (FTB Mindcrack untill monday)

Post by ChillCore »

It is Feed the beast Mindcrack ATM. but I can put tekkit on too if you want.
I have adjusted the first post. ;)

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Forgot about the screenies.

The water mill lakes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

ChillCore wrote:It is Feed the beast Mindcrack ATM. but I can put tekkit on too if you want.
I have adjusted the first post. ;)

I'd personally like that as I only play tekkit or Voltz. Though if it's too much trouble, don't worry. Looking for something to do when I get home from work :P
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

I reiterate my stance on just preferring to stick to one ModPack for a longer period of time. If changing to Tekkit means we won't change for a long time (say, two weeks or more, just like before the change to FTB), then I'm all for it.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

We can change as often or as little as you like.

I'll send you a PM Geo Ghost.

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server. (Tekkit Classic untill ?)

Post by ChillCore »

Tekkit Classic is running again.

Besides that I have installed BigDig now.
Feel free to ask me and put it on from time to time ... I want to do some testing and messing about with the config files before starting an actual game anyway. Same goes for Voltz btw.
Also I may want to add a mod or two three to both of them? Any input and or suggestions (preferably tested) would be greatly apreciated.

Finally, I have extended the lease of the server by three months. Yay?

Anyway here are some more screenies.
Attachments
2013-04-26_13.25.19.png
Working bridges that allow for boats to pass.
(785.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2013-04-27_07.39.41.png
Testing a texture pack.
(910.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2013-05-06_13.20.58.png
Wanderer hard at work in his 'kitchen' to finish the mineshaft.
(530.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server (Tekkit Classic)

Post by ChillCore »

The server is running Tekkit Classic at the moment and will be most likely for the rest of the week as I will be quite busy replacing the main roof of my house. at least that is the plan ... still waiting for confirmation and a starting date.

I have been doing some testing earlier this week with a modified BigDig modpack. While it runs like a dream in SP, in MP the server runs but players can not join for some (unknown to me) reason. So, instead, I have been running a clean BigDig server for a bit and it works flawlessly.
To make it run a bit smoother I have reduced the number of slots to 6 and upped the RAM to 2GB; slightly cheaper then 10 slots and 1GB but that was not the reason to change this.
Insulfrog and me have made a decent start at building a base and some goodies to get us started ... I will get some pictures later.

ps:
Please check the first post from time to time. I am keeping it updated as I go and change stuffs ;)

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

I can't seem to get into the server, be it using BigDig or Tekkit. What is the server currently running on?
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I had an issue like that a few times. It doesn't log in and I get a message saying "The server has been started. Please try again".
Takes a few refreshes and a few attempts to join, but works eventually.

We're on tekkit at the moment. Or it was last night at least :P
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Yeah, it is still Tekkit Classic ATM.
As far as started/running games go , there is tekkit, FTB mindcrack and BigDig; other games have not yet been started.

Like GeoGhost explained ... the server goes to sleep if/when there is noone playing.
The message you get is in german and means "The server is being started, please login again"
Usually it takes about 20 to 30 seconds before you can actually join.

Besides that I have noticed one or two occasions during the past two weeks where the (tekkit) server was not properly started ... not sure why. (Read the server was up but the game was not running)
A simple restart fixes that, I have changed the accounts for the server admins so they can start, stop or restart the server if/when needed (besides changing the game that is).

I am not sure what to put on next week ... more ores than you can chew and dimensional doors in BigDig, or gigantic mazes and seven headed dragons in FTB ...
Preferences?

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

The server will be under testing for a little bit.

It seems like Nitrado now provides the option to have a BigDig installation itself so I would like to step away from hacking the vanilla installation the "good ol' fashioned way" and use that instead.
I have already installed the new version on the server which should be against 1.5.2 instead of 1.4.7; also I have already copied the world to the new location.
ATM I am uprading my client to see if all went well and if the things we have already built still funtion; there is not that much but still, if things do not work out I still have the install we started with and I can go back if needed.
Another advantage, besides upgraded versions of Minecraft itself and included mods, is that I now have support in case things go wrong.

In any case ... it will be running BigDig for a while now.
I will update this post and the topic title with the version of BigDig you need in a short while ...
Just wanted to let you know that although the server is up (or should be at least from time to time) you should not start building stuff just yet as things may or may not get reset. (*)

This game is still blacklisted instead of whitelisted so feel free to come and have a look or join us.

(*)
Read: Untill my client is updated too I do not even know for sure if the correct world is loaded ... :P

EDIT:

Loading that savegame in the new version of BigDig did not go to well ... who would have guessed.
Anyway I restarted the other installation and we are back up and running.
You will need to update your BigDig client to v1.2.2 to join the game.

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

As I was checking the logs due to someone having some connection problems I noticed someone tried to log in.

Just a small message.
Yes, the server is still running and will be for a little while more, as it is now the rental is funded for another year.
The game is also open to all but to get on it I need to whitelist you to stop potential vandals from ruining our game.

Also keep in mind that we have some basic rules for the classic game.
Although we all stay close we each have our own plot where we do as we want, you are free to explore but not allowed to mess with other peoples' constructions, not even if you feel something is fugly and could use some decorating. ;)

Please contact me or reply here if you desire to come and have a look.

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

I was wondering... could we switch to FTB occasionally?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Ofcourse we can Wanderer28.

The reason Classic is running most of the times is because most (whitelisted) people prefer playing that version.
Please tell me when it would suit you best to have FTB running as I know that at the moment you are the one with the least free time available.
I will also send you a PM with details on how to change it yourself, and back, untill a roster is really needed. If you want that that is.

ps:
Sorry for the late reply I forgot to check the last person to post in this topic and I asumed it was still me while browsing the forums. :oops:

Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Totally forgot about this server!

may have to jump back on at some point and check on my Fortress...
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

How dare you abandon my our server. :twisted:

It is still there as very few know where it is. ;)
But do check if nothing has changed before continuing to build?

The second last on the whitelist has a little prob understanding the concept of "do not change someone else's constructions".
I tried talking to him but if he remains walking the chosen path ... I might be inclined to put back the backup between this and tomorrow evening to repair the damage done.
That is what my previous post was about (before the reply to wanderer28) but I doubt he has read this topic at all, despite me giving him the link before whitelisting him.

Also as the server was calm it is max 4 players ATM, I will crank it up again if needed; iff someone can not join because the server is full.

I also have not been playing that much ... been rather busy.

ps:
Darned sticky keys on this flaptop of mine; edited this post three times ... pouring cofee in it and eating cookies above it was not a good idea.

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Righto. Thanks.

I'll mostly be available in the weekends, starting Friday night (GMT +8) and ending Sunday evening.

The main reason I was unwilling to play FTB was solely because of the lags... but now that I have gotten a new desktop computer, I think I could give it a try again.

Return to “Off-Topic”