Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:38 pm 

Very impressed at your Iceland work, Purno.

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:28 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Emperor Jake wrote:
Has anyone tried this game in the Oculus Rift? Preferably with a steering wheel as well. It's pretty awesome.

I've tried the Oculus once (not in combination with this game though). Didn't work for me, I was completely nauseous in three minutes and that then lasted for an hour. I do believe that it indeed would be pretty cool with ETS2 if it wouldn't make me sick :D

I do have a steering wheel though, which is brilliant and an absolute must-have with this game. Last week I came up with this little setup:
Attachment:
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG [ 56.23 KiB | Viewed 3653 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:30 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Dave wrote:
Very impressed at your Iceland work, Purno.

Thank you, glad you like it. I can't wait for the release myself. :tongue:

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:05 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Do anyone has all the 19 buyable DLC and the special "Raven DLC" that no longer can be obtained?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:55 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

After long work, first version of Serbian map is released. Here is one of details from map (Autokomanda interchange, Belgrade, of course, we used FLD prefabs for map):

More to follow. :)

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg [ 109.75 KiB | Viewed 3364 times ]
1799001_959119400766667_307.jpg
1799001_959119400766667_307.jpg [ 86.57 KiB | Viewed 3364 times ]

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:36 pm 

Wow that is an impressive interchange.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.

Not offically a fan of anything but has been known to hump the leg of a moderizzle wearing a pink hat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hi folks

Just got this last week and am loving it so far. The Promods stuff looks excellent and I'll be trying it at some point after I've explored the regular map, but first I'd like some recommendations of other mods to download. At the moment on the mod sites I'm just finding hundreds of paintjobs and trailers etc, so I was wondering if there were any mods you each consider 'essential'?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:31 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Not me, I just asked the game for my birthday and guess what?
I got it!

Now I can try it with my steam -account AND I'm going to use the promods...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:01 am 

beeb375 wrote:
At the moment on the mod sites I'm just finding hundreds of paintjobs and trailers etc, so I was wondering if there were any mods you each consider 'essential'?

There are basically three types of mods: vehicle mods, graphical mods and map mods.

Vehicle mods add new trucks, trailers and cargo. These are not essential but can enrich the environment since they offer new things to haul and new trucks to do it with.

Graphical mods are really just for adding personal touches. I use none of those.

Map mods, like ProMods, are the biggest game changer to me. ProMods design many unique junctions and cities whereas the original sometimes feels very similar no matter where you travel.

I'd say download ProMods and search for a cargo mod you'd like to have alongside. I prefer the original trucks because they are nicely crafted.

(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:40 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I'm really just a beginner, bought this cabine with money from the bank, and travelled to Nuremburg. That's where this screenshot was made by me.
Attachment:
ets2(640-480)begin.jpg
ets2(640-480)begin.jpg [ 46.52 KiB | Viewed 3160 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:09 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

FooBar wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:
Has anyone tried this game in the Oculus Rift? Preferably with a steering wheel as well. It's pretty awesome.

I've tried the Oculus once (not in combination with this game though). Didn't work for me, I was completely nauseous in three minutes and that then lasted for an hour. I do believe that it indeed would be pretty cool with ETS2 if it wouldn't make me sick :D

I do have a steering wheel though, which is brilliant and an absolute must-have with this game. Last week I came up with this little setup:
Attachment:
Knipsel.JPG

Seems awasome havent tried :D

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:43 pm 

SCS Software released the DLC/expansion "Going North" just a few days ago, adding Scandinavia. While ProMods (where Purno created Iceland among other projects) have already expanded into Sweden, this official release is adding some landmarks and other things ProMods have been unable. I took two pictures of a rural town, Växjö. It's pretty.

The first picture is to show the new lightning/shadow engine introduced in the recent update. The second picture is just a small town road.

EDIT: And two more photos. These are of a gravel road leading from a lumber mill in the woods outside aforementioned Växjö.

Attachments:
ets2_00136.png [1.39 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
ets2_00145.png [1.59 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
ets2_00146.png [1.7 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
ets2_00149.png [1.49 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:01 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

It is really nice! although i have not bought it yet, but seen a lot of videos and pictures.
I live in Norway so yes i live in scandinavia, but they should have made it cover all of scandinavia, because i live north in Norway (In Lofoten) :P Lofoten is unoficially the worlds most beautiful archipelago to. And there is a lot of interesting roads here so they should really have got Lofoten. Well, then they would have needed to include the entire scandinavia, which would be a loooot of work :|

Sorry for not so good english i'm 13 (soon 14) and Norwegian so... :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:54 am 

Purno and his friends over at ProMods have decided to release a ProMods 2.0, with a LOT of new cities and countries. I decided to go on a rural Iceland trip, see below:

Attachments:
File comment: A very rural dirt road, leading to Akureyri.
ets2_00184.png [2.05 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: All of a sudden, the road was gone. I could barely fit my truck through these rocks!!
ets2_00187.png [2.26 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: Once I rediscovered the road, I had climbed high up over the center of Iceland.
ets2_00193.png [2.04 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: As I continued north, I found myself with very little traction in the slippery snow. Here a photo with a very remote cabin in the background.
ets2_00198.png [2.18 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: And even in the Icelandic outback, they need bridges sometimes. Not a lot of room if a car would come the other way...
ets2_00203.png [2.44 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:25 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hi there,

Bought this game during Christmas sales on Steam. I must say that it's even more addictive than OpenTTD -- I even get myself seriously sick for playing ETS2.

You can find my "collections" of screenshots at the following location:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/patrickov/ ... pid=227300

P.S. I got ProMods 2 as well, but I'd get the 60% and 100% map achievement with just Vanilla + Going East + Going North DLC, before getting my hands on ProMods.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 am 

American Truck Simulator will be out in about 2 weeks time. It will include California, but Nevada will be a free DLC available for download right at release! Arizona is scheduled for release in 2016 too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:44 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I wonder if it's possible to get the DLC (just in case) on steam but buy the game later. I just purchased the two expansions for ETS2, so plenty to drive there for now.

siu238X wrote:
P.S. I got ProMods 2 as well, but I'd get the 60% and 100% map achievement with just Vanilla + Going East + Going North DLC, before getting my hands on ProMods.

I wouldn't wait. There are serious improvements all over the map, not just expansions into different areas. 60% is easily doable with ProMods (dunno if it still counts with a modded map though). 100% is nuts. You need to drive every motorway in both directions. Twice to get the service areas. And then some more to get all junctions as well. If you think that's fun, then go for it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:15 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

FooBar wrote:
I wonder if it's possible to get the DLC (just in case) on steam but buy the game later. I just purchased the two expansions for ETS2, so plenty to drive there for now.

siu238X wrote:

I wouldn't wait. There are serious improvements all over the map, not just expansions into different areas. 60% is easily doable with ProMods (dunno if it still counts with a modded map though). 100% is nuts. You need to drive every motorway in both directions. Twice to get the service areas. And then some more to get all junctions as well. If you think that's fun, then go for it ;)

I am very close to 60% (a few more plays this week would probably do)

For now I visit every industries and buildings for my "destination" cities (as well as those on the way if I have time). For the last few days I shot Torino, Rostock, Trelleborg, Uppsala, Milan, Dresden, Szczecin, Olsztyn, Groningen, Rotterdam and Felixstowe (in that order). Now heading back to Birmingham HQ on side roads.

Those with off-road service areas usually are done 3 times: One on main (which flows two-way), and one each for services. Good thing that split carriageways (a few of them in Germany) usually do not come with off-road services.

IMHO Sweden and Norway with their fully independent slip roads are the most annoying :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:22 am 

Some more photos of new ProMods. I've been to Murmansk, Russia and Longyearbyen in Norway. What about that!

Driving from Finland, I passed Murmansk and headed down to the Russian town of Nikel:
Attachment:
ets2_00224.png [2.57 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

Attachment:
ets2_00231.png [2.41 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

The Russian-Norwegian border, between aforementioned Nikel and Norwegian town Kirkenes:
Attachment:
ets2_00234.png [2.75 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

Attachment:
ets2_00238.png [2.86 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:28 am 

Having crossed into Norway, I made my way down to Kirkenes on small rural roads:
Attachment:
ets2_00244.png [2.36 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

From Kirkenes, I bordered a ferry to an island so far north that it's ridiculous. I was going to Svalbard and the only real village around, Longyearbyen (which does indeed mean "Long year town"):
Attachment:
ets2_00245.png [2.42 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

Attachment:
ets2_00246.png [2.63 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

Attachment:
ets2_00247.png [1.78 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

After arriving at Svalbard and making my delivery, I went back to Kirkenes and decided to go for a bit of a detour. I shouldn't have. I got stuck. Before that, I snapped this beautiful photo of a place where a large rig should never drive:
Attachment:
ets2_00262.png [2.46 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next