Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Purno »

Yeah, I often tried to drive between cities with chemical industries, like München, Frankfurt, Salzburg, Lyon and a few others I forgot.

You may like a spreadsheet where I listed all companies in each city, which I used to decide where I'd build my first few garages;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I bought a new truck, just to try it. Do you like it?

Moar screenshots from a trip from Frankfurt to Strasbourg;
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Purno/ET ... _00122.png and upwards till 00138
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dave

Post by Dave »

How much is it again? I've hit the limit of the demo.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Dave W wrote:How much is it again? I've hit the limit of the demo.
€ 29,95 but I believe there are some sites offering it at a reduction. Possibly check steam too.
Dave

Post by Dave »

It's NOT worth that I'm afraid haha.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

£14.95 on amazon.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Or £24.95 on Steam when I last checked.

When I checked the demo last time there wasn't a time limit?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

47407 wrote:Or £24.95 on Steam when I last checked.

When I checked the demo last time there wasn't a time limit?
I'm confused too but there seems to be 2 types of demo. The version I got from Purno hasn't got a time limit at all. The only limit it has is being unable to drive on all roads.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The limit on my copy of the demo only lets you get to level 3.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

£25 at GamersGate.com if my conversion rates from Swedish Kronor to the £££ is correct, but then one might as well get the Steam version.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

It only takes a few minutes to download with plenty of seeds...

I mean. I mean... :O

Ya i bought it on steam, sure whatever.

XD
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

IIRC the demo limits you to an X amount of delivieries and an X amount of distance driven, on a profile. AFAIK you can create a new profile over and over again.
Image Image
damerell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by damerell »

Eco-driving's quite handy on some of the fan maps - the TSM map basically has one petrol station between Tunis and Algiers - especially on a 6x4 or 6x2, which on some models have an itty-bitty 400l tank. (The Scania has a 700l tank even in a 6xN configuration, which is one reason to keep it as your own machine).

That said, it is a bit vexing that the fuel consumption model is just "drive 2 km, burn one litre (less eco-driving discount)". The first time I ran short of fuel I tried to crawl along and idle downhill; doesn't make a jot of difference. Might as well put pedal to metal and slap it along at 90kph because I have not disabled the limiter... honest.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The DAF XF also has 700 liters on a 6x4 chassis, fortunately. On a 4x2 it's a stunning 1.100 liters even!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I nearly parted with £15 for this today - I might do tomorrow...
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

damerell wrote:Eco-driving's quite handy on some of the fan maps - the TSM map basically has one petrol station between Tunis and Algiers - especially on a 6x4 or 6x2, which on some models have an itty-bitty 400l tank. (The Scania has a 700l tank even in a 6xN configuration, which is one reason to keep it as your own machine).
That sounds a tad silly. The trucks in ETS2 are probably not built for such a long trip without a fuel tank. I have no mods installed, but my Scania can drive over 3000km without refuelling, which is more than enough.
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Using the regular 4x2 trucks, you can pretty much go Glasgow - Vienna.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
damerell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by damerell »

Hyronymus wrote:The DAF XF also has 700 liters on a 6x4 chassis, fortunately. On a 4x2 it's a stunning 1.100 liters even!
I don't like the cab visibility on the DAF much, though, and even the highest-power engines for the DAF are quite feeble compared to some of the other makes. (I think every 4x2 has a huge-enough tank.)
Purno wrote:That sounds a tad silly. The trucks in ETS2 are probably not built for such a long trip without a fuel tank.
True, true, but even on the regular map, it's easy to get caught out with a 400l tank, especially if you're making ferry trips, leading to rests without refuelling. There are some surprisingly long dry spots where you're stuck on a dual carriageway with a petrol station just behind you and nowhere to go but forwards.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

damerell wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:The DAF XF also has 700 liters on a 6x4 chassis, fortunately. On a 4x2 it's a stunning 1.100 liters even!
I don't like the cab visibility on the DAF much, though, and even the highest-power engines for the DAF are quite feeble compared to some of the other makes. (I think every 4x2 has a huge-enough tank.)
Yeah, some truck brands really suck at max engine power :P
I went shopping for another truck to try out some different trucks, but was dissapointed at the max engine power of some brands. I bought a Volvo, but after a few trips I went back to my good old Scania.

I really like my Scania truck. Good handling and well... it's pretty much good at anything. Each other truck I tried feels like a downgrade :P
Image Image
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

My Amazon purchase arrived today.

Got myself a loan after a few high end runs and ended up with a Renault Premiun 4x2 with a 1100 litre tank.

Would have uploaded some images but my internet box is slowly failing.

So Im on my Blackberry.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”