Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Hyronymus »

I caused an accident in Geneva earlier and on my way back I saw this:
Attachments
ets2_00003.png
(2.96 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah, I guess they didn't fix every bug yet, though I haven't actually seen many bugs happening :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:Yeah, I guess they didn't fix every bug yet, though I haven't actually seen many bugs happening :P
Well, vehicles on a highway (suddenly) stopping for vehicles that want to join the highway seems like a bug to me.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Feel free to report the bugs :P
I think traffic AI is pretty good. Wouldn't know a game with better AI.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

The traffic joining a lane is usually the one stopping. Joining the highway is dangerous because any vehicle in front of you will surely stop. I've overtaken several times when they've been parked at the end of the ramp for no good reason :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah, I'm usually taking the left lane to be safe :P (right lane in the UK obviously). Full speed past the traffic jam :mrgreen:
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

There is a DLC coming for ETS2, by the way. Eastern Europe (because apparently, that's where their biggest fanbase is!). Take a look at the map! I'm still hoping for a Scandinavian DLC. That would arguably be the next logical step for them to go, either that or Mediterranean expansion.

Quoting the makers, SCS Software: "Once ETS2 EEE is completed, we'll have to decide where to go next... Scandinavia? Rest of France with an option to go toward Spain? Italy? Balkans? Continue East towards Russia? We will have to try to come up with a method to understand the highest potential and set the priorities right..."

Also rumours point to an "American Truck Simulator", they even own the website: http://www.americantrucksimulator.com/
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Meh, while developing ETS2 they promised some free DLC but we never got that. They went for paid DLC straight away. I'm not too hyped about Eastern Europe. Depends on the price I guess. I'd prefer they'd complete Italy, Spain and Portugal first, like in ETS1.

Scandinavia would be cool too though.

And who need an American Truck Simulator. ETS1 was way more enjoyable than 18WoS anyways. Americans have silly speed limits. :P
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Obviously they need to make an Australian one, with B doubles and roads which are perfectly straight and flat for a hundred miles at a time. :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

They have released free DLC, for example adding truck brands. They are also still promising future free DLC. Just, this map expansion won't be free. I think it will go around €10.

Also, PikkaBird, ever heard of Extreme Trucker? They've already done Australia :mrgreen:

EDIT: Admittedly, the above picture is a mod. The trailers are usually 2-4, not more than that.
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Chrill wrote:They have released free DLC, for example adding truck brands.
Replacing a fake emblem with a real emblem is hardly "content". They haven't added anything.
They are also still promising future free DLC. Just, this map expansion won't be free. I think it will go around €10.
10 euros might be cheap enough for me to get it, though I'm quite 'meh' about Eastern Europe. Also depends on the payment methods.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:
Chrill wrote:They have released free DLC, for example adding truck brands.
Replacing a fake emblem with a real emblem is hardly "content". They haven't added anything.
They are also still promising future free DLC. Just, this map expansion won't be free. I think it will go around €10.
10 euros might be cheap enough for me to get it, though I'm quite 'meh' about Eastern Europe. Also depends on the payment methods.
Considering that they went through the hassle to make truck manufacturers agree on using their brand I think they delivered something. Only Mercedes is missing, I wonder how long it takes before they realise they made a mistake :P.

Scandinavia would be nice, it's a region I miss which would add interesting ferry trips too. I.e., Germany to Denmark/Norway, Denmark to Norway, UK to Norway etc.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

With the current map almost any long-distance trip passes through Germany, which is starting to bore me. If they'd add Portugal, Spain and Italy, like in ETS1, many trips would pass France, which would be a nice change.

I'm not too hyped about ferry trips TBH. I rather drive :P

If you like ferry trips, what about Ireland? :P
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I like ferry trips because they also count as sleep, saving you many hours, thus giving you extra time to drive scenic routes :) I'd quite like Ireland, but of course I'd love to drive a truck from Oslo to Stockholm as well :D There are unofficial map mods and I've considered getting one of those
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Chrill wrote:I like ferry trips because they also count as sleep, saving you many hours, thus giving you extra time to drive scenic routes :)
How so? Doesn't job time calculate ferry trips and sleeping times?

I never ran into problems with the time limit, and frequently took a scenic route. Only time I was too late with delivery was when I took a rest when I shouldn't have.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:
Chrill wrote:I like ferry trips because they also count as sleep, saving you many hours, thus giving you extra time to drive scenic routes :)
How so? Doesn't job time calculate ferry trips and sleeping times?

I never ran into problems with the time limit, and frequently took a scenic route. Only time I was too late with delivery was when I took a rest when I shouldn't have.
It does but he means he doesn't have to stop over for a sleep in the next 10 hours after a ferry trip. Which makes them very rewarding. I never had trouble being on time either.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:It does but he means he doesn't have to stop over for a sleep in the next 10 hours after a ferry trip. Which makes them very rewarding. I never had trouble being on time either.
I don't get it. How does a ferry sleep differ from a normal sleep? Both are calculated within the job's time frame.
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:It does but he means he doesn't have to stop over for a sleep in the next 10 hours after a ferry trip. Which makes them very rewarding. I never had trouble being on time either.
I don't get it. How does a ferry sleep differ from a normal sleep? Both are calculated within the job's time frame.
If you have a ten hour journey requiring two sleeps and one 5hr ferry ride, the game gives you 35 hours to complete it. Beibg rested after the ferry means that you save 10 hours.
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

A 10 hour journey never requires two sleeps because you only need to sleep after 11 hours :P

And I usually sleep before taking a job. My drivers make money while I'm sleeping. I'm getting rich :mrgreen:
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

My drivers usually bring in 2-3k while I make 35-45k per drive. How many drivers does your company have?

Return to “Off-Topic”