Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by andel »

I think I've got something like 99.59% map completion... and that includes the DLC Going East stuff. I want different trucks though or an expansion into coaches with their transport hubs. I've actually customised my truck a bit, too...
Attachments
ets2_00007.png
(518.67 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I also add: in the day time...
Attachments
ets2_00015.png
(554.37 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
ets2_00026.png
(814.53 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/12/america ... lator.html

Some new screens from their upcoming American Truck Simulator.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Akip Nax Dhagadoe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Akip Nax Dhagadoe »

Hey, anyone knows what is the best DLC for this game? I played this game since long time ago but I'm still at level 48.

Regards, Akip
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

The only official DLC is the "Going East" expansion. There are several free and legal mods to download if you search the web, however I generally consider most of them worse-looking than the originals. I only use one expansion - it changes all the in-game companies to real companies instead of made-up ones.
My Scenarios:
Akip Nax Dhagadoe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Akip Nax Dhagadoe »

But for the map mod, I have used TSM Map. It's increase the map to Africa and Italy.

Regards, Akip
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

andel wrote:I also add: in the day time...
Big bump, I know, but where did you get those mods from, Andel?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Aycliffe wrote:
andel wrote:I also add: in the day time...
Big bump, I know, but where did you get those mods from, Andel?
I just googled and hunted about a bit... it was a bit difficult with all the ads and rubbish that comes with, but I am happy enough for now...
Andel
[/size]
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

So I came across a website called Promods. They are making a fantastic map mod. It currently includes more of France, updates of the main map (UK, Germany, Netherlands, etc.) as well as a rather well-created Scandinavia. You have Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland at the moment. All those countries are being expanded, as well was getting Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia in there. Romania, Northeastern Spain, more of France as well as Ireland is in the making also. Very interesting.

Recognisable brands such as Lidl and IKEA are featured in these maps. Also, warehouse Bauhaus! Look! These are the things that bring familiarity to the maps. As well as, of course, road signs being unique to each and every country.
Attachments
ets2_00107.png
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
My Scenarios:
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

I know I shouldn't be asking...but.....

Does anyone know how to get the new 1.9 patch for ETS 2 without having Steam?

BTW, I am not going to register my ETS 2 on steam. I have read everywhere that there are nothing but problems with it, and the constant auto updates drive people crazy, as well as the constant crashes related to Steam. :x
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Chrill wrote:So I came across a website called Promods. They are making a fantastic map mod. It currently includes more of France, updates of the main map (UK, Germany, Netherlands, etc.) as well as a rather well-created Scandinavia. You have Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland at the moment. All those countries are being expanded, as well was getting Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia in there. Romania, Northeastern Spain, more of France as well as Ireland is in the making also. Very interesting.

Recognisable brands such as Lidl and IKEA are featured in these maps. Also, warehouse Bauhaus! Look! These are the things that bring familiarity to the maps. As well as, of course, road signs being unique to each and every country.
Sounds cool, but I have yet to figure out how to install mods. I once read about that at one of the forums around, but it confused me and it looked too complicated.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

L.A. Noire Fan wrote:I know I shouldn't be asking...but.....

Does anyone know how to get the new 1.9 patch for ETS 2 without having Steam?
http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/update.php
Download any version of "any older version to 1.9.22" unless you know which version you are running right now. It's very easy.
Purno wrote:Sounds cool, but I have yet to figure out how to install mods. I once read about that at one of the forums around, but it confused me and it looked too complicated.
It's actually quite simple, too. Download any mod, and it should produce a .scs file (usually just un-Rar the download). This file is then placed under your "My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" folder. No installation required.

Next time you launch the game, upon selecting your profile, you can choose which mods to run or not run through the Edit button.
My Scenarios:
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Thanks Chrill. :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Worth a try I guess. Got a link to that mod website?

Also, can I enable/disable mods in an existing profile or will that mess stuff up? (Probably gonna make a backup anyways, or perhaps even make a new profile)

EDIT: OOPS! I (Chrill) edited this post instead of quoting it. Massive apologies.
Last edited by Chrill on 21 Apr 2014 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Accident!!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno wrote:Worth a try I guess. Got a link to that mod website?

Also, can I enable/disable mods in an existing profile or will that mess stuff up? (Probably gonna make a backup anyways, or perhaps even make a new profile)
The above map mod can be found at http://www.promods.net/. Other mods are found in various EuroTruck forums such as http://truckpol.proboards.com/ or http://ets2-mods.com/. Some of these sites may require registration.

You can enable/disable mods, absolutely. If it's a game changing mod such as a map mod, it will cancel your haul (no fee) and reset you to HQ. If it's just a new trailer paintjob, you shouldn't be reset.
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Tried the promod, and damn it's awesome. There weren't a lot of jobs available up north, but I managed to find one from Rotterdam to Denmark, and then from Denmark via Norway to Aberdeen. That was a pretty impressive route. Thanks for helping me getting this mod. It's pure awesomeness.
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's easy to say they put more effort into the map than the folk at SCS themselves do. They have made improvements to many areas of the regular map itself.
My Scenarios:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Indeed. The work they did is impressive. The eye for detail as well as the size of the added map parts are amazing. I'll be looking forward to this evening when I can do some more trucking :)
Image Image
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Thanks guys, you got me truckin'.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

rbos86 wrote:Thanks guys, you got me truckin'.
Good. Another one fell for it :mrgreen:

I need two more levels until I can unlock my favorite paint job. Once I got that, I'll post some screenshots :)
Image Image

Return to “Off-Topic”