What video games have you played lately?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: What video games have you played lately?

Post by Chrill »

I've returned to Cities: Skylines but also to GTA San Andreas (or specifically SA:MP). Lovely stuff.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

So I was born in the perfect generation to be immersed in Pokemon but I always hated it. I tried it last summer and it's apparently very fun? It's not just some overblown cash cow with a mediocre anime (even though it is) if you play the old games, probably up to Gen 4. Got into it after watching Werster speedrun it. I'm not linking to his videos because they're definitely NOT family friendly.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Transport Fever.......a modern and up to date transport game. It's excellent once you get the hang of it. Still love Locomotion though.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Recently discovered Space Station 13

It's a multiplayer game where every round is an episode of Dexter's Laboratory (or rather, a Dexter's Lab creepypasta). The range of scientific (and every other type of) mayhem possible is absolutely astonishing. One round botany unleashes fast growing carnivorous vines upon the entire station, another round everybody contracts a virus that turns them into clowns, the next round the geneticist gives himself the superpowers of all The Avengers at once and accidentally obliterates everything. One time the chaplain teamed up with security and R&D to become the Techno Templar, a mech-riding holy water-spewing cultist vanquisher.

Before the round decays into any of the above though, it's a pretty chill roleplaying game with a vast array of mechanics with astonishing depth. The station is divided into various departments such as engineering, research, cargo or medical, each plays quite differently, but they all benefit from each other's work. You are assigned a role in one of them, and you do your best until someone does so well it destroys the station. If that's not enough, some people are assigned as antagonists whose goal is to intentionally destroy the station, however they rarely succeed.

Broadly speaking, the game can be thought of as an engine for memorable stories, similar to games like Dwarf Fortress, but SS13 has the added benefit of having at least some graphics, and, more importantly, copious human interaction. In other words, it is very much the perfect vehicle for internet magic.

Picture a jukebox, stolen from the bar, now installed in a hallway. It is hooked up to a radio transmitter, which is wirelessly transmitting music from the jukebox into every speaker on the station for everyone to enjoy. It is also emitting vast quantities of harmful gamma rays, and is surrounded by dead, irradiated bodies, human and alien alike, including one of an engineer who thought it was a good idea to turn on the radio transmitter without building a proper radiation shield around it first. There's vomit all over the floor, the fire alarm is blaring, and the hallway is filled with the oscillating red glow of emergency lights. This is the music from the jukebox that's currently playing out of every speaker station-wide at top volume:

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AntoninKyrene »

Empire Earth. The original. And I had to do it the hard way, too, because it doesn't virtualize well at all. Enter AMD Kabini and AM1 socket. That and a little nLite action and I'm hooked again.
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Zombie Driver HD, bought it on Steam.

Nice game, brutal, and fun to play!
Driving through hordes of zombies is somehow funny.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

I've again come back to play with these lil harem anime rocks.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
tognoo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tognoo »

league of legends and powerline.io :) seriously though i spend too much time gaming!
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Obviously not yet played but since I'm currently playing through Quake 1 and the 2 mission packs this upcoming game is very high on my wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1000 ... n_of_Ruin/
Built on the Quake 1 engine but these graphics are insane.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Got myself and gf both Switches for Christmas, so I'm hooked on MK8DX. Played it on Wii U way too much and I genuinely wanna grind it for hours even if my neighbors start calling the cops for noise complaints.
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

the last game i played was slither.io!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Two Point Hospital, which is simply lovely.

A great testament to the original TH, with an excellent soundtrack, really smart graphics and an appallingly funny script.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I've been playing a lot of Airport CEO lately. There's another top down airport management sim called SimAirport but I find it too arcadey compared. I'm waiting to see what Sky Haven is like once it's available.
Last known as: Weirdy
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I've found my way back to some Europa Universalis IV, but I also play FIFA 20 since we are not getting much football. Ironically I play in the German league, which is the only one that has started. :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've spent 12 of the last 24 hours playing Project Hightower. UGH - somebody pry me away!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I rarely have time to play games these days, alas, but have been sneaking in some American Truck Simulator over the past week, having acquired it cheaply in the Steam sale - rather enjoying it!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote: 29 Jul 2020 23:21 I rarely have time to play games these days, alas, but have been sneaking in some American Truck Simulator over the past week, having acquired it cheaply in the Steam sale - rather enjoying it!
It really is a very nice way to unwind and relax. The newer DLCs are of really high quality, so I'd recommend picking that up too when they're on sale.
My Scenarios:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I found myself hooked on Civ6 again this holiday.
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

OpenTTD, because it's open-hearted! :mrgreen:
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

minecraft on pc

Return to “Off-Topic”