What video games have you played lately?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: What video games have you played lately?

Post by Chrill »

I spent a good two hours building a house and decorating it from scratch yesterday. I'm struggling because I lack the parts needed to get electricity into the house. It's pretty dark. It's a 3x3 two story house in Sanctuary. Lovely stuff.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Chrill wrote:I spent a good two hours building a house and decorating it from scratch yesterday. I'm struggling because I lack the parts needed to get electricity into the house. It's pretty dark. It's a 3x3 two story house in Sanctuary. Lovely stuff.
Mine is near the bridge, 3 storey with a balcony for sniping.
Copper - you'll need loads of it for electrical bits and bobs. I've tagged it so it shows up in the wasteland when searching through random crap.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yeah I don't understand that whole tagging, how does it show up? I also don't fully grasp the concept of scrapping. What to scrap, what to sell? Can I scrap anything? Can things scrapped in one settlement be used in another?

I struggle immensely with strong enemies. I'm currently stuck on a BoS mission where I need to take down some sort of Super Mutant chief of sorts. Impossible. I can empty 1000 minigun shells and his health isn't even down to 50%.

Edit: i reread this and I sound more negative than intended. I really like the game. The story is better than usual with fallout games and I find that side missions are very easy to come across and I thoroughly enjoy digging deep to figure them out.
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Tagging - When there's an item you require for a weapon/armour mod, or ingredient/crafting item, if it's greyed out in the menu you can press R1 to "tag" the items you require. When you're searching through the world any item that contains the element you have tagged will have a small magnifying glass next to it's name.
Scrapping - You can pretty much scrap anything in a settlement, if the cursor turns orange it can be scrapped. I tend to scrap pretty much everything I can except for crafting benches/workstations and some bits of furniture that may be useful later (they can be stored). There's a Perk (Local Leader I think) that be unlocked that'll let you share scrap between settlements.

You're further into the game than I am, I've not gone much out of the top left corner of the map yet. I'll look forward to getting my arse handed to me later!!

I've played both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas to completion, I loved the amount of depth in those, but #4 has stepped it up again.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I've chosen to ignore the main story for now and focus on that Preston Garvey you meet early on. I ended up with the Brotherhood of Steel early on too, following a distress signal. I've only just started to move out of the top left quadrant myself.

Inspired by you, I've also built myself a house with the ability to snipe in Sanctuary. I recently came across a pretty amazing armor and it's made life a lot easier. Molotov Cocktails for the win.
My Scenarios:
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

I must admit that the voicing of the protaganist(s), developed protaganist back story and the use of a four option dialogue wheel has put me off buying the game. In open world games I tend to prefer being given a blank slate and left to write my own story, something New Vegas did well. For now I'll wait for the price to drop, see what mods come out and how they alter the game experience and ultimately, wait for Fallout Lonestar since they plan to use FO4 as the base instead of NV now.

I do like the art style however. It definitely captures the feel of the Fallout world in my opinion.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

A familiar one, Euro Truck Simulator 2, going East and Scandenavia DLC, Promods maps.

From Pécs to Erfurt in a yellow DAF:
Image Image Image
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've gotten sucked into SimCity BuildIt on Android. Boy it can sure drain a battery down!

I'm currently on Level 9 and trying to avoid leveling up since I'm strapped for Simoleans. Started to engage in the global market to find people selling goods for cheap and reselling them at top dollar in the off-hours when production is low.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Only things I have played lately is OpenTTD and CSGO.

I generally have OpenTTD loaded for as long as the computer is on, sometimes tabbing out for hours on end before returning. CSGO i'm doing terrible at, my rank is just going doooowwwwnnn. Mainly because I play it with an attitude of having fun, winning or losing is of no consequence to me and both are perfectly reasonably outcomes. It passes the time in a manner i find somewhat enjoyable, that's what counts!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

I've sunk far too much time into Fallout 4, particularly over the Christmas holiday. Just like with Fallout 3, I'm ignoring the main quest as much as possible. Currently working through a bunch of the side quests, and just generally exploring. Now have artillery available for my many settlements, done two Railroad quests, seem to be at a stopping point for BoS until I do some more main quest. Explored most of the map north of Boston, and just starting to really work through the city and the areas south and west of it.

Had great fun investigating all the boats and islands off to the East. If anyone's who's played hasn't yet investigated Spectacle Island, have fun with that hell hole! Resulting settlement is well worth the pain however.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Been playing quite a lot of Galaga lately, actually constantly improving on my record.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Pingaware wrote:I've sunk far too much time into Fallout 4, particularly over the Christmas holiday. Just like with Fallout 3, I'm ignoring the main quest as much as possible. Currently working through a bunch of the side quests, and just generally exploring. Now have artillery available for my many settlements, done two Railroad quests, seem to be at a stopping point for BoS until I do some more main quest. Explored most of the map north of Boston, and just starting to really work through the city and the areas south and west of it.

Had great fun investigating all the boats and islands off to the East. If anyone's who's played hasn't yet investigated Spectacle Island, have fun with that hell hole! Resulting settlement is well worth the pain however.
I've sank so many hours into this. About halfway through the main quest and completed countless side quests, set up numerous settlements and have a wide array of deadly customised weaponry. I've a shotgun that can take down a Super Mutant Behemoth in 4 shots.

I love this game.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

So Total Annihilation is on steam...

BB in 176 hours!
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251110/

So this just got released, I'm tempted. It's quite like OpenTTD/Cities in Motion gone wrong, and you just explore the place and dodge stuff falling apart on you.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

My Summer Car just hit Early Access, already obsessing over it.

It's kinda like hyper-realistic permadeath GTA where you build a rally car from scratch and try your hardest not to die along the way. There's so much depth to every little thing it's unbelievable, but the car building is absolutely monstrous. You have to assemble the engine from the block, attaching stuff to it, pistons, camshaft, bearings, flywheel, starter, alternator etc etc and bolt everything down. And once you get the thing running, you can mess with it, adjust the timing with the screws, or adjust the fuel/air ratio with the idle screw on the carburetor, and you can order performance parts via snail mail.

Of course that's assuming things didn't go catastrophically wrong. Heard stories where people messed up assembling the car and had their engine set on fire/explode right after turning the ignition. As for me, things generally go smoothly when it comes to building the car itself, but I always die in a car crash or by falling into a guy's septic well trying to empty it for cash.

This game is something else.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Been playing F1 2016 (PS4) and F1 2001 (PC) recently.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I played Software Inc, Game Dev Tycoon, Crysis 3 and openTTD lately. I'm surprised I've even been able to play any amount of OPenTTD Lately because I normally have little motivation to play for long.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

My computer is a word beginning with 's' and ending in 'e' with a 'h', a 't' and an 'i' somewhere in the mix (it can't run F1 Challenge 99-02 without distorting the cars and making them look like a BeamNG Drive crash and being horrendously glitchy, for Christ's sake), so I am somewhat limited in what I can play, unfortunately.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Get DOS Box and do a Might/&Magic playthrough - starting with the first game. ;)

Played bits of this and bits of that. Wesnoth, turn-based, free strategy game - OK, but it's not quite my cup of tea - Interplanetary, which is kinda like the Worms game, only fun hotseat with other humans ;) - Rise of the Tomb Raider, which looks awesome and is boring is hell, Aven Colony, a solid city-builder, but lacking in originality, and Planet Explorers which is kinda like Minecraft and such. That one surprised me; I mean, there's a dozen of this type of game by now and it looked kinda ~meh, but it's actually pretty good.

And of course Transport Fever and OpenTTD ;)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NoMorePacers wrote:My computer is a word beginning with... (cut stupidly long attempt to not say it but say it).
Well, you could always get a console. This thread isn't just about playing games on PCs!
Pyoro wrote:And of course Transport Fever
I've seen bits and bobs of Transport Fever, any good?

Anyway, I myself have mostly been playing Console games, FIFA 17, GTAV, F1 2016 and Watchdogs 2, with a bit of OTTD on the PC thrown in for good measure.

Return to “Off-Topic”