All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Train Fever
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:09 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Transportman wrote:
Pyoro wrote:
Why didn't you check the minimum requirements before buying the game? ^^;

You would be surprised how often games run fine below minimum requirements. And for the price the game was, I can wait until I buy a new computer.

I can certainly say that this game will not run fine below minimum requirements. I strongly suggest to have better hardware. Especially a fast CPU and enough RAM (8GB or more) will be a benefit.
For people with problems:
- the game runs on OpenGL 3.2 or higher, so make sure your GPU drivers are up to date with that (also: Radeon cards of 4000 series and older don't have OpenGL 3.2 support on Linux...)
- It is strongly recommended to have a 64bit OS, because you can't play on large maps without it.
- unless you have very powerfull hardware (especially RAM + VRAM > 10GB), use low texture quality (I have 8GB of RAM + GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM and my system runs out of memory on medium and large maps with high textures, while low textures work fine.)
- if you have continous stutter and an old i7 with old motherboard BIOS, you can update the BIOS or (hard way) or turn of hyperthreading for the game (easy way)
- some lag in the beginning of the game when moving around the map is normal, because the game is still loading textures into the RAM and VRAM.
- turning of other programs running in the background can improve performance (f.e. turn off internet browers)