State of Profit

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Captain Zee
Engineer
Engineer

State of Profit

Post by Captain Zee »

http://www.stateofprofit.com

I haven't spoken on this site for years, thought it be the best place to post this. I'm surprised I didn't find it here. It's only in alpha. The forums look alive, but the current version doesn't reflect it. But, it's in Transport Tycoon fashion, so I believe we should at least be aware of it.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

State of Profit

Post by Zhall »

I somehow stumbled upon a java-written persistant game in it's alpha stages.

http://stateofprofit.com/

Seems promising, refreshing to see after the endless bombardment of CRAP flash/facebook "tycoon games".

Anything?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: State of Profit

Post by orudge »

Merged with another recent topic about this game.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Thanks Melissa! (sig)

:bow:
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Hmm, well I've tried on two different machines and in three different browsers and I just cannot get the java game to display. Shame as it sounds like a good idea.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

I found that if you go to settings and do "Save" sometimes it makes it work.

His engine isn't the stable-est of beasts.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

I know this is a double post, but...

I thought I'd mention that the game just entered into Alpha 1.4 as of today, the map is reset, and its a good time to try the game out.

Most noteably the transport route system now resembles something closer to simutrans, which is far better that the point a point b system that was just done away with.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

Curses. Curse you. I'm so very definitely hooked.
Mickelukas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mickelukas »

Hi all,

My name is Michael Lundström (Mike) and I made State of Profit. I've been wanting to post something here for some time now, but I chose to wait until the game was more complete so you had a better experience (only one chance to make a good first impression!). It seems like a few people beat me to it so I'll reply to this post instead :)

I started working on the game some 5 years ago when I thought it was crazy that the online mmos were either farm ville kind of games and games without any cooperation or action games a'la World of Warcraft. I then remembered my youth when I was busy playing Transport Tycoon every single day for almost a good year and I wanted to make something that combined the interesting parts of such a game with the mmo and browser based genres.

State of Profit is currently in Alpha testing, meaning that there are quite a few bugs still and features are still being added. If you can see through that (and report bugs! ;)) I welcome everyone interested to try it out. I am very curious as to what you all think as you have a lot more experience in this genre than I do (I hadn't heard of Simutrans before, so it is funny that they also have a route system :)).

Some more information about me for the ones interested:
I am 28 years old and I lived in The Netherlands since I was 19, before that I lived in Sweden (The land of Vikings!). I have a partner who you'll see in game as well (Lindy) and a 7 year old son. My full time job is Application Performance/Business Service Management Consultant for a US company called Compuware. During evenings I (except for programming SoP) watch way too many tv series and movies.

Here is a short video I made yesterday of some of the changes of alpha version 1.4.

Kevo00 wrote:Hmm, well I've tried on two different machines and in three different browsers and I just cannot get the java game to display. Shame as it sounds like a good idea.
That doesn't sound good. Did you try installing the latest version of Java and graphics card drivers? If so, can you explain when it goes wrong and what the text is in the java console (one of the icons next to the clock in the notification bar).

Kind regards,
Mike

Return to “Off-Topic”