The 'I don't have a boyfriend' thread

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The 'I don't have a boyfriend' thread

Post by Bad Hair Day »

JamieLei wrote:On a more related note, I now do not have a boyfriend. Basically because I'm not a proper gay and don't have strong enough _emotional_ attachments for men as I do for women.
Out of curiosity, who made the decision in your case?
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Lankku wrote:
JamieLei wrote:On a more related note, I now do not have a boyfriend. Basically because I'm not a proper gay and don't have strong enough _emotional_ attachments for men as I do for women.
Out of curiosity, who made the decision in your case?
Mutual :)
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Massive bump! But I'm not sure if some people are actually aware that this exists (or existed).

I personally may be getting out of this category for the first time soon, or, I'm at least hopeful that that will be the case! :mrgreen: Started speaking to a few cute guys recently, and really get along with them, so just gonna see where this takes me :D
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

JamieLei wrote:On a more related note, I now do not have a boyfriend.
Yeeees you do.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I was briefly out of this category a few month ago. I'm back in it

Woo! Now to go and spread my wings and go forth and sit at home eating ice cream and oreos and pretending life is fantastic!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

So, I thought that I was going to be getting out of this category, had arranged to meet him after work today, and then he messages me saying "Sorry, one of my friends doesn't think it's worth the risk" and removes me from every way of contacting him. Like, what the hell dude! Why are you letting one of your friends dictate your love life? Make the decisions yourself, for crying out loud!

So now I'm frantically trying to make plans for tonight instead of sitting in being a boring person, and it just isn't happening X( One is not a happy bunny at all!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Wel, better you know now, than later, after you've come to expect dependability and loyalty from 'em.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Pilot wrote:So, I thought that I was going to be getting out of this category, had arranged to meet him after work today, and then he messages me saying "Sorry, one of my friends doesn't think it's worth the risk" and removes me from every way of contacting him. Like, what the hell dude! Why are you letting one of your friends dictate your love life? Make the decisions yourself, for crying out loud!

So now I'm frantically trying to make plans for tonight instead of sitting in being a boring person, and it just isn't happening X( One is not a happy bunny at all!
:( *sadface*...
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:So, I thought that I was going to be getting out of this category, had arranged to meet him after work today, and then he messages me saying "Sorry, one of my friends doesn't think it's worth the risk" and removes me from every way of contacting him. Like, what the hell dude! Why are you letting one of your friends dictate your love life? Make the decisions yourself, for crying out loud!

I know how that feels. Happened to me today, although thankfully I had other friend in town and we just played board games all day, so i was lucky in tha regard. otherwise i'd have just stayed indoors and dwelled and got more annoyed at it.

Bleh. Always seems that when i start getting somewhere, i get slapped back into my place.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:I know how that feels. Happened to me today, although thankfully I had other friend in town and we just played board games all day, so i was lucky in tha regard. otherwise i'd have just stayed indoors and dwelled and got more annoyed at it.
Yeah, it really sucks, in the end I couldn't make plans other than a Skype Call with this other guy I'd been speaking to, though that did directly lead to me going out and seeing him yesterday, and having a really good day. I just hope he actually enjoyed it too, and maybe thinks I'm right person to commit too, though I know that's unlikely, as from what he was telling me, he doesn't normally do commitment and emotions and that sorta stuff.

I am indeed like you though, normally if stuff gets cancelled like that, I would just stay indoors and dwell, which is never good for anyone's sanity! :lol:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:[..] as from what he was telling me, he doesn't normally do commitment and emotions and that sorta stuff.
Urgh. Happened to me lots of times. I always go for the ew gross emotions and feelings and commitments. Sadly I seem to attract people who... don't. Perhaps I should start looking in other places than the fur fandom and online dating sites.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Sigh. Date for the evening cancelled literally 10 minutes before I was going for the train. Frustrating as I've never had to cancel on someone else for a date (or even just a general meet up really), always happens to me though!

Also came across this image - which is rather true of dating in the gay world :p - also a rather nice looking guy in the image.

Might have to settle with going to the McDonalds around the corner from me, drown myself in a few McFlurries. Time to see if I can find a nice guy with a nice personality, hopefully they also are able to plan things out more accordingly and not need to cancel :p

edit: Success!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Original date wasn't with the mcflurry?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Dave wrote:Original date wasn't with the mcflurry?
Haha, nope. They're not very good conversationalists, else i'd book all my dates with them :p
I like a guy who can hold up a conversation with at least a moderate bit of intelligence :p
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

I dont have a boyfriend because I'm not gay. Simple as that.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:Might have to settle with going to the McDonalds around the corner from me, drown myself in a few McFlurries.
To be fair, they're better than any date :lol:
lukasz1985 wrote:I dont have a boyfriend because I'm not gay. Simple as that.
Don't you want to see what you're missing out on?! :twisted:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:Might have to settle with going to the McDonalds around the corner from me, drown myself in a few McFlurries.
I'm not sure you're doing dating correctly :P
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote: Urgh. Happened to me lots of times. I always go for the ew gross emotions and feelings and commitments. Sadly I seem to attract people who... don't. Perhaps I should start looking in other places than the fur fandom and online dating sites.
Online dating sites are pretty much a waste of time. As far as I can tell furs tend not to be too keen on opening commitments, and to be fair, who can blame them?
If I were you I wouldn't worry so much about the label of boyfriend, instead look towards having a good time, meeting people socially, getting to know people, etc. Developing a rapport with someone to the point where you might think of them as a boyfriend might then emerge as a by-product, and even if not you'd still be having a good time.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:
Pilot wrote:
Maybe I just like McFlurries! :lol:
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:
Pilot wrote: To be fair, they're better than any date :lol:
Maybe I just like McFlurries! :lol:
Somewhere out there, there's probably a gay McFlurry appreciation group.

Return to “Off-Topic”