a-train 8?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

kdoganorak
Engineer
Engineer

a-train 8?

Post by kdoganorak »

Hi

this is a bit off-topic but i couldn't find anywhere better to put this post.

i bought a game called A-train 8 today.

You get to manage a railway company but also develop the land around it so it is an interesting mix of sim city / RRT

Wandered if anyone else has tried this game?

I have had my first play on it for about 45 mins but am getting a bit frustrated working out how to do it. the manual isn't that great.

does anyone know where there is any more info available online? a user forum? I googled but that wasn't very fruitful.

Hoping I haven't just wasted 20 quid. : s
kdoganorak
Engineer
Engineer

Re: a-train 8?

Post by kdoganorak »

ahah!

I had another look on the interweb and found a very usefull site. Here is the link in case anyone else has been looking

http://www.a-trainhx.com/Gameplay/Playing/Playing.html

apparently the game has a 'virtical learning curve'. thankfully this site has a walkthrough.

wish me luck
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

There is already a topic about the game: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45457
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
ali3nSXaddict
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ali3nSXaddict »

....and they just announced A-Train 9!

http://www.a-trainhx.com/index.html

I love this game series. In spite of what I've read on this board it really does simulate the Japanese rail conglomerate business model - that is, after the rail system over there was privatised the government put a cap on how much profit the new rail companies could make. Thus they were forced to diversify their business into other areas. As a result food chains, shopping malls and housing projects became subsidiaries of the rail companies. In some cases whole commuter towns grew up around a single, main-line station.

This is pretty much what the A-Train series has been simulating. For sure, the Western releases have been badly let down by lack of support and little or no promotion. Non one knew what they were supposed to be doing and confused it with Transport Tycoon or Sim City.

It deserves A LOT more respect over here than it has so far been granted, imo. Hopefully this new version will go some way to address that issue.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

looks pretty cool!
Check out some of my work
yoshi2093
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yoshi2093 »