Minecraft

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Lordmwa
President
President

Re: Minecraft

Post by Lordmwa »

Some of the other members of the group are better if you ask me
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
President
President

Post by WWW »

Geo Ghost wrote:Why do you hate them?
Because based on TotalBiscuit said, they were total dicks at minecon.

Oh, and their fanchildren are annoying.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Oh god, not that minecon nonsense. Everyone has different views on that so till anyone actually proves what was said, they are all wrong :P

Sod other fans though. I pay no attention to anyone else there because I know there are fools in that whole things as well.
Still, I find their stuff entertaining and I quite like the exposure they give modders and such. Plus I loved following the Tekkit series by Duncan :P
But each to their own. Some like it, some don't :)
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

WWW wrote:
Geo Ghost wrote:Why do you hate them?
Because based on TotalBiscuit said, they were total dicks at minecon.

Oh, and their fanchildren are annoying.
TB likes the yogscast, it was notch who tried to bad mouth them. I don't take it to seriously though because in their interview notch was basically telling dick jokes all the time.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Minecon yadayada wrote: lalala
From what I have read ... Notch was tired, very very tired, at the time ... YogsCast apologised (?although un-needed?) ... they made up ... story closed.

Lord Aro wrote: I've got rather bored of waiting for their next SoI...
Then do not wait an enjoy what comes ... It will come ... and the map too.

Diggy diggy hole
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Yogscast annoy me for one simple reason... They seem to be a bit... dumb, for lack of a better word.
Last known as: Weirdy
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

ChillCore wrote:...
Diggy diggy hole
I think we got a hardcore Yognau(gh)t over here :D
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Lord Aro wrote:
Diggy diggy hole
Oh I can top that. Me and my mate up in Norway keep saying "AHHHHHHHHWWWWW!" in a loud voice like Simon :P
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Geo Ghost wrote:
Lord Aro wrote:
Diggy diggy hole
Oh I can top that. Me and my mate up in Norway keep saying "AHHHHHHHHWWWWW!" in a loud voice like Simon :P
That is the single most annoying thing about the yogscast.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

You have no idea how tempting it is to record us doing that and post it :P
DeletedUser17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeletedUser17 »

Ha, minecraft leaks in everywhere... even transport tycoon forums. :)

I'm proud to have owned the game for over 2 years (back when it was better, methinks.) And yes, it's eaten me alive. Now I'm soulless and it can't really harm me anymore.

And it seems that no one has really mentioned: with the proper game mods (what we call newGRFs here) you can create transport networks with airplanes and railways (all of a sudden it's more attractive:)

P.S. Total disclosure. I'm working on the planes. Hoping to add airliners soon, you should check it out on my blog. Cheers! :D

P.S.S. Ewwyuck, the Yog's Ass. :twisted:
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I don't think I want to see those trains making 90 degree turns with 1m diameter.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
DeletedUser17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeletedUser17 »

It's pretty ugly :lol:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I've just started playing Minecraft on my iPod. So Damn addictive!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I've been on technic pack again. This time doing things from scratch - no cheating, no spawning items etc. Still playing on peaceful though to prevent creepers blowing up my factory. However, now that I have a high fence around the site, I can probably raise the settings.
I spawned near this village so it became my base of operations. One building is the power house with solar panels on top which power an MFSU. On the right is my Energy Condenser with a bunch of MK3 collectors and relays on top. Then the smaller hut is where I sleep.
I spawned near this village so it became my base of operations. One building is the power house with solar panels on top which power an MFSU. On the right is my Energy Condenser with a bunch of MK3 collectors and relays on top. Then the smaller hut is where I sleep.
2012-07-15_18.29.36.jpg (78.77 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
My factory/warehouse. Still under construction partly but I'm slowly filling up each level. The ground floor is mainly for crafting and storage. Middle floor is my production area making a batch of things including Machine blocks, copper cables, electronic circuits, generators, RE-Batteries, Advanced Alloys, and Carbon Plates. The top floor is where a lot of this comes together for something quite important..
My factory/warehouse. Still under construction partly but I'm slowly filling up each level. The ground floor is mainly for crafting and storage. Middle floor is my production area making a batch of things including Machine blocks, copper cables, electronic circuits, generators, RE-Batteries, Advanced Alloys, and Carbon Plates. The top floor is where a lot of this comes together for something quite important..
2012-07-15_18.29.49.jpg (82.82 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Some more...
Attachments
Ground floor of the factory - storage and crafting.
Ground floor of the factory - storage and crafting.
2012-07-15_18.39.24.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Next floor up - Main production area. All I do is chuck the materials needed in the 'input' chests and then the machines with the automatic crafting tables will build what I need by themselves whilst I go and sort other things.
Next floor up - Main production area. All I do is chuck the materials needed in the 'input' chests and then the machines with the automatic crafting tables will build what I need by themselves whilst I go and sort other things.
2012-07-15_18.40.11.jpg (84.6 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
(current) top level - this is where most of the items come when built. Solar Panel Production. That's right, my factory is primarily for producing solar panels. It's a very slow progress but hopefully I will eventually have some HV-solar arrays to link up to some advanced machines which I really need.
(current) top level - this is where most of the items come when built. Solar Panel Production. That's right, my factory is primarily for producing solar panels. It's a very slow progress but hopefully I will eventually have some HV-solar arrays to link up to some advanced machines which I really need.
2012-07-15_18.40.40.jpg (70.7 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

And finally, my nuclear reactor.
This is stored well-away from the site, very far underground and with a hell of a lot of shielding around it.
I wanted to avoid nuclear power originally but it was taking a long time for my solar panels to power my Mass Fabricator enough so I wanted a faster way but also a means of supplying high-volumes of energy back to the factory from off-site. Problem is, I built it too far away really so the chunks at either the factory or the reactor end up 'pausing' when I move between the two places.
The reactor started with a big hole in the ground which I lined with obsideon. I built a kind of 'chamber' out of reinforced stone for the reactor to sit in the middle then slowly started building more layers around it.
The reactor is very well protected now. It is bathed in water the surrounded by two levels of reinforced stone/glass, then a gap for me to walk around and enter the reactor, a layer of obsideon, double layer of reinforced stone, double layer of obsideon, then a combined double layer of those two.
The reactor is a Mark-I reactor and won't go critical by itself at all but I just wanted to make extra sure it wouldn't end up taking out my cave and such. Safety first!
The reactor 'cap'. There is a lot more shielding on the top here than anywhere else. There's still a lot of shielding on the sides but less on the bottom so in the event of a melt down, the blast is directed down and not anywhere else.
The reactor 'cap'. There is a lot more shielding on the top here than anywhere else. There's still a lot of shielding on the sides but less on the bottom so in the event of a melt down, the blast is directed down and not anywhere else.
2012-07-15_18.50.49.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
The reactor set-up. Infinite cycles and can produce around 26m units of power every 2.5 hours. It will also never over-heat and only takes 30 seconds to cool down between cycles.
The reactor set-up. Infinite cycles and can produce around 26m units of power every 2.5 hours. It will also never over-heat and only takes 30 seconds to cool down between cycles.
2012-07-15_19.07.11.jpg (36.83 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I've built a stone shack once...
Last edited by Drury on 17 Jul 2012 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Wait until you guys see my (WIP) minecart station. (But atm server is down so i cant show you. :()

Edit the pictures; (Yes its on flatland and in creative mode.)
Attachments
1.png
(439.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2.png
(904.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3.png
(1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

And more
Attachments
4.png
(2.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
5.png
(1.2 MiB) Not downloaded yet
6.png
(1.22 MiB) Not downloaded yet
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...

Return to “Off-Topic”