Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1113 Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduction topic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks, it's gonna be great! :D

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

akrtutor wrote:
Hello every one here is a math expert teacher.

Boooooo! Lol, only Joking, welcome to the Forums.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Please don't reply to spammers, even spammers that politely introduce themselves in the Introduction topic!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

orudge wrote:
Please don't reply to spammers, even spammers that politely introduce themselves in the Introduction topic!

I didn't even realise, sorry :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi,

I'm James, 25 year old indie games developer from London. I'm actually working on a game that takes a lot of inspiration from Tansport Tycoon, but that's another story

I bought the original Transport Tycoon (the one with the martian theme) way back in the day. I must have been about 12 and thought the version in the old style box looked cooler than a cling-film-wrapped TTDX CD. Anyway, a few years later I bought TTDX as well because I misplaced the original CD :P

Since then, I've come back to transport tycoon numerous times (big thanks to the guys who work on OpenTTD). It's always been nice to be able to get the game from anywhere on any computer over the internet for free and on demand. When I was backpacking round Asia after my gap year, I decided mid way through I needed a netbook, but of course having no games CD's with me, all I could install and play was transport tycoon! So transport tycoon has been played even at the top of Himalayan mountain passes and in the depths of the Siberian forests

I also played a bunch of the other old school business sim games (rollercoaster tycoon, railroad tycoon 2 & 3, theme hospital and A-Train!), and I'm on a bit of a mission to find online communities (forums, blogs etc) that still play and discuss and maybe even develop these sorts of games as the genre seems to have died a bit of a sad, lonely death when it comes to mainstream games development

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:17 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Hi,
I'm Donchatryit, a 28 yr old, married PhD student in conference interpreting & a new dad. Been playing tt since ttdx was still fairly new. Oddly enough, I really enjoy Toyland maps and if I had any time, I'd want to create some more vehicles for them.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

howdy,
i'm oxyk from ukraine. english is not my native language so don't expect me to have proper grammar, i'll never do that ) according to lection on culture, only kids under 6 years can learn language as their native if they use it actively at that time. that's not my case, i have studied german in school and learned english by myself.
I play openttd when i need to think and find a solution for my work assignment. I hate sitting and starring at the blank screen, managing vehicles helps to organize my real projects and to have fun at the same time ) also it's a great relief to stomp AIs vehicles with train at the end of the long day ) basically what i like in this game is the ability to play tricks on AIs, therefore i keep only highly competitive AIs to have fun.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi all,after years playing ttd,than openttd,i finally decided to subscribe here on the forum to share my experience.
What do i mean?
Well,my real world experience:i am a truckdriver in my own company.

Some more things about me,as seen in my name,my name is frederic and i drink many,many many redbull thats why i am called fredbull :mrgreen:
I m 33 and i am not far from beeing born in a truck,cos my father was truck driver too.

i ve played many transport simulations but i allways return to openttd,but mostly offline in my truck cos at home i am more busy on simracing,my other passion after transport.

I hope my future suggestions well be helpfull :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:41 am 
Engineer
Engineer

SSS reporting! been addicted to openttd, but now im bored of it. :?
Maybe, just maybe, someday ill get back into it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi, this is michiyl. :D
I think you can all see what my real name is (it's Michael, for those who don't see it), so I skip that part (or not) and let you know that I've been playing Transport Tycoon and TT Deluxe since the age of (at least) 10. I'm 24 now, so my companies do a bit better than in these days. :wink:

A few years ago I found out about OpenTTD, and whenever I play it I am so glad that there were people more skilled than me to expand such a great gaming experience even further! So, thanks for all the countless hours programming and figuring out how-to :D

Well, if there's anything else you wanna know - let me know ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Welcome you have just met the nicest person on the forums. Have a pleasant stay.

:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of:
LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello, my real name is Axel Putra, 9th grade, live in Indonesia.
My favourite games are RCT1, RCT2, Loco (I call it CSL), Zoo Tycoon (ZTCC) and F1C.
I'm just start play RCT1 with all expansion packs from July 2011, having previously completed the original scenarios three times around 2007,08,09.
Played RCT2 since Jan 2009, both expansion packs follows within a year. Played CSL since August 2011, now I have completed 43/45 default(deafult?) scenarios.
(Please don't make me bad). RCT1, 2, and CSL all downloaded from the defunct megaupload.com.
Named RCT1AACFLLPortable and RCT2WWTTPortable. Now my RCT2 is broken, I not played it since February.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:33 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello, I'm a newcomer to this here OTTD and to the Transport Tycoon gameplay in general but I'm really enjoying it so far. I've played and loved RCT and RCT2 in the past and naturally came across OTTD when looking at trying out TT.

I'm an Australian artist/animator of sorts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:38 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi my names Alex I'm 13 years old with a great railway and transport knowledge. I also belong to RailUk forums. I hope one day to become forum staff of either forums in the upcoming years!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello! I'm Mike, a medical student using every spare moment to try and get better at OpenTTD. Look forward to learning a lot and having some good discussions here.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Wishing that I would have found this topic earlier, I post now.

Hi, my name is Nick Keriazakos, I'm 16 from the United States, known as LocoRoller or LocoRoller725 to the few web users who have seen me on other websites. I've been a member of these forums for a number of months and originally joined for help on Locomotion. Now I find myself helping with any problems that I know the solutions to. After being a member for this long, I hope to enjoy an extended stay.

A big welcome to all other new members!

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi, I'm Jake. I'm 26, an unemployed PC repair technician from Northamptonshire and a hopeless trainspotter. I joined a while back but never got around to actually posting on account of real life getting complicated. Only recently got back into OpenTTD, but I've dug out the scenario I spent several months fine-tuning and uploaded it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Heya! I was led towards OpenTTD about a year or so ago by a couple of forum members, and have been hooked ever since.

I actually work on the UK's real railway as a signaller, so I have no idea how OpenTTDs signals work ;-)

See you all around!

Post subject: Hello to all
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I only found this forum yesterday and WOW - You guys are gr8 - thankyou for letting me join.

I have always enjoyed playing tycoon style games and I now believe I have found the best one of all. Yippee gonna enjoy myself now lol

I hope as time goes by that I can be an active member of the forum.

But 1st I need to explore the game and all the options

Thanks again for creating this community.

Maanlicht

PS I may have a dutch name but I am English ..... long story lol

Post subject: Re: Hello to all
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

maanlicht wrote:
I only found this forum yesterday and WOW - You guys are gr8 - thankyou for letting me join.

I have always enjoyed playing tycoon style games and I now believe I have found the best one of all. Yippee gonna enjoy myself now lol

I hope as time goes by that I can be an active member of the forum.

But 1st I need to explore the game and all the options

Thanks again for creating this community.

Maanlicht

PS I may have a dutch name but I am English ..... long story lol

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1113 Next