Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Introduction topic

Post by Zakos »

I could say the same to you.
Splat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Splat »

Hello my name is scott but you all can call me splat.
I rather like how awesome this game is for modding, in fact you guys call it grf's.
Amazing work by the official devs and unoffcial alike I say.
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

Splat wrote: 04 Jun 2020 01:54 Hello my name is scott but you all can call me splat.
I rather like how awesome this game is for modding, in fact you guys call it grf's.
Amazing work by the official devs and unoffcial alike I say.
welcome scott/splat!
Hein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hein »

Hey all. For some reason I already created an account with this name last week and today I found out it was deleted. I don't know why but well, here I am again.
I've been a huge fan of Transport Tycoon and Locomotion for years now and I decided that it was time for me to create an account on the TT-forums.

So, see you all soon in some other threads (hopefully this time) :D
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Hein wrote: 09 Nov 2020 15:03 Hey all. For some reason I already created an account with this name last week and today I found out it was deleted. I don't know why but well, here I am again.
I've been a huge fan of Transport Tycoon and Locomotion for years now and I decided that it was time for me to create an account on the TT-forums.

So, see you all soon in some other threads (hopefully this time) :D
Hey and welcome Hein! :mrgreen:

Apologies that may have happened! We get a lot of spam posts/accounts everyday so it might have been one of us accidentally deleted it.
Very sorry of that's the case!

Certainly won't happen again :D
Hein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hein »

Geo Ghost wrote: 09 Nov 2020 17:04 Hey and welcome Hein! :mrgreen:

Apologies that may have happened! We get a lot of spam posts/accounts everyday so it might have been one of us accidentally deleted it.
Very sorry of that's the case!

Certainly won't happen again :D
Luckily I could still use the same username :P
It's no problem at all, accidents happen :)
I'm looking forward to posting some of my projects I've been working on (mainly some custom 32bpp graphics)
[+] Spoiler
I was wondering in which section I need to put W.I.P NewGRF's, I'd assume in the 'graphics development' section, is that the right one?
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

That’s the one! Looking forward to seeing your projects. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

I hope I am not too late for the party!

Hi, my name is Jakub, but I go by the nickname Špajdy since highschool.

I'm from Slovakia and I've played TTD on my first PC than when I got much newer I found about OpenTTD and I play it ever since.
In 2018 I've joined this community and started learning how to make my own NewGRFs.

Now I am rounding out for my first public BETA of my NewGRF.

I like challenges so if somebody asks me if something is possible I am very likely to search and try if it is. Anyway, this is why I take so much time doing something because I start trying if I am able to make it better.
Thanks for the Welcome.

And you post your age here so, mine is 27.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

hi jakub! welcome to the forums :)
woodgie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by woodgie »

uh so hello there, i'm woodgie, also known as musicalnugget, i'm 16, i came here mainly because i've been playing ttd and remakes (mainly openttd as i've rediscovered it recently) but also for other reasons that i will not disclose in this post because this is not a venting post and because talking about outside drama in this thread would be of very bad taste imo, anyway, i'm a pretty laid back dude, if you want to tell me anything directly feel free to PM me, don't expect me to have a consistent schedule though as recent events have sort of affected my sleep schedule, anyways i don't want to make this post too long so yea have a great day.
hello there, you probably have never seen me before, i'm mostly known as musicalnugget on other websites, if you ever feel the need to contact me directly (which i doubt will ever happen) feel free to PM me.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

DrWho42 wrote: 12 Nov 2020 03:05 hi jakub! welcome to the forums :)
Hi :D
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

welcome y'all!
Shown
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shown »

Hello everyone I am newbie here and I am glad to be part of this community and I think there is lot of things to learn and gain some knowledge.
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

welcome shown!
G67
Engineer
Engineer

Post by G67 »

hey everyone! im new here!
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

welcome aboard!
HannahLyman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HannahLyman »

Welcome aboard to all new here c: I'm also new c: Glad to join your community!! x)
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

hi hannah! welcome aboard!
erdek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by erdek »

Hi everyone!
I have been playing ottd for 3 years or so and I think it's time to register and say one or two things about the game.. mostly thanks to all the developers!!!😃.
Best wishes to all from Spain!!
warp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by warp »

Hello everyone.

It's certainly not a bad idea to introduce yourself when you join a community.
So I will follow this idea and introduce myself.

Well first of all, who would have thought that after a break of more than a decade I would register again in this forum? Short answer - apparently my fascination with railways has never stopped :D
It all started with a model railway (TT) in my teenage years. Mostly, I was fascinated by the route planning and control of the trains.
The track plan was constantly changed because it quickly became boring. It was the eighties, and there were no digital control systems yet - so I had a control system based on relays.
But then when I replaced my C64 with a PC XT turbo (wow), everything changed - I got the game Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon (later the Delux version). I just got addicted to the game. After that was transport Tycoon (+ Delux). And finally, the Railroad Tycoon II + III (+ Trainmaster Expert Edition). Now somehow after some time the challenges in the games was slowly exhausted.
With the advent of the age of Internet I discovered the TTD Patch Project. The TTD Patch was a really a new game experience and the fun of playing TTD was fired up again. Then the promising OpenTD project was started. However, my enthusiasm at the beginning was reserved.
Meanwhile, the job demanded more time and consequently it remained less time for playing. If I remember correctly, it was 2008/9 when I had unregistered from many forums. However, sporadically I visited TT-Forums.net and watched the development of OpenTD and the GRFs.
Then a few years ago I became aware of the Jonathan's "JGR's Patch Pack", which add fascinating features with each release. This made the TT game again became attractive to play for me. And so finally I decided to register again in this forum.

Nevertheless, I have a great respect for all the developers of TTDPatch and OpenTTD. And of course for all the artists and coders of the beautiful GRFs.
Thank you very much for sharing with us all (no coders or artists) the opportunity to have fun, playing a game you have made available.
Also many thanks to Oven for making this Forums available and all the moderators looking after the forums.

What concerns me personally, I'm more of a quiet observer of the forums and participate little in the conversations - I'm like a nobody :)

Thanks for reading so far.
I hope I did not bored too much.
warp

p.s. @Michael B. I can hardly wait the seemingly mentioned successor version 9 of your beautiful DBXL set to admire again on my game-maps :wink:

edited: typo corrections ...
Last edited by warp on 22 Nov 2021 19:25, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”