Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Introduction topic

Post by DJC »

Hi everyone, I'm David. As you can see I've been a member of the forums for nearly 4 years, despite never having played Transport Tycoon. I joined because of Locomotion, which I don't play much these days, but I still come on here as it's a great community. I'm from Colchester in the UK, but I've started studying Engineering at Leicester University this year. Always been interested in trains, steam in particular, thanks to my dad. I'd never call myself a trainspotter, but I do like to take photos of them. Like Chrill I'm a bit of a sports geek, football being my main obsession, and I support Arsenal and my local lads Colchester United. This is despite the fact I'm rubbish at most sports, though I do like playing badminton and a bit of football when I can be bothered. Musically I like all kinds of stuff, but most of it is rock and indie. I love going to gigs/festivals and wish I had the money to go to more, my last one was Coldplay last December. I went to the last TT-F meet and hopefully I'll be able to get myself up to York for the next one. :)
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hi all. I'm Mark and I love pixels. And I've spammed the forums since ehm... 2004. My main project is the Dutch Trainset which has been released after 5 years of wonderful work. I've contributed sprites and pixelwork for several project, but I don't feel like drawing lately, so I'm more like posting stuff and use my experience to help new guys, spamming useful links in my signature in every post I leave behind, and keeping an eye on the coding progress of the 2CC Trainset and the Dutch Trainset (Which means I get wonderful ideas and I'll let DJ Nekkid code them :P ). Actually, I think this whole post is kinda useless since I bet most people know me by now, but Hyro kinda set a new trend.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

I'm Lankku, I'm 17 and have long hair. I'm not as Jamaican or Finnish as I like to think I am. I enjoy playing bass and wasting time. And I don't post enough.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hi, you wont get my real name but i happen to be placed on earth around 1983. (If thats a good or bad thing is your choice). One of the first Locomotion modders and as far i know the last one from "the oldskool" Locomotion modders still around. I am here to make Tt-forums a better and happy place. (yeah right :P).

Nothing else important to say though...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
tablecat
Engineer
Engineer

hello i am tablecat

Post by tablecat »

∧_∧   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
          ( ´∀`) < hello i am tablecat
        /    |    \________
       /       .|     
       / "⌒ヽ |.イ |
   __ |   .ノ | || |__
  .    ノく__つ∪∪   \
   _((_________\
    ̄ ̄ヽつ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ | | ̄
   ___________| |
    ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄| |
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: hello i am tablecat

Post by Hyronymus »

tablecat wrote:          ∧_∧   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
          ( ´∀`) < hello i am tablecat
        /    |    \________
       /       .|     
       / "⌒ヽ |.イ |
   __ |   .ノ | || |__
  .    ノく__つ∪∪   \
   _((_________\
    ̄ ̄ヽつ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ | | ̄
   ___________| |
    ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄| |
Singapore sulplise or spam?
caveatemptor
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by caveatemptor »

Hi guys, just signed up, though have been browsing the forums for a couple of days. I've played TTD on and off for a few months and think it's one of the best games ever, though I wouldn't play on the same "level" as you guys. Until I downloaded OpenTTD today I generally just played the original TTD in DOSbox, and all my routes were very simple, usually single-track rail routes and the like. I also don't know anything about the code or computer programming or anything like that; I prefer to play in blissful ignorance!

I'm 19 years old, studying Law in Dublin, Ireland. I kind of have a weird interest in trains which was what got me into TTD in the first place. I post on a few other forums, but not gaming forums; usually political or general interest forums.
Dave

Post by Dave »

caveatemptor wrote:I kind of have a weird interest in trains
You'll fit right in. Get yourself into General Transport Discussion and have a browse.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
FaddyPainter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FaddyPainter »

Hi, first appearance on the forum today, although ive been browsing it for a while, (too long i think! 8o ). I generally play OTTD on and off, just messing around with it in general, never really starting any meaningful games. Its just one of those games you can never really get bored of.

Anyways, happy posting to all! :D
Dave

Post by Dave »

FaddyPainter wrote:Hi, first appearance on the forum today, although ive been browsing it for a while, (too long i think! 8o ). I generally play OTTD on and off, just messing around with it in general, never really starting any meaningful games. Its just one of those games you can never really get bored of.

Anyways, happy posting to all! :D
Welcome. I'm at uni in Preston in Lancashire but I'm originally from Stourbridge. So is Gord. JamieLei's from near Brummagem too, and there are the odd one or two others locally. Have fun on the forums.

Flickr

ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Hey, i'm Thor-Rune, been a member for 5 years, 20 years of age, Norwegian of hier. I used to play TT a lot before, now i'm here for the social community bit :)
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

Hi, I'm Welshdragon, or Mark.
I'm a student studing BA French at a university somewhere in Yorkshire, You can probably guess i'm from Wales, and i also have some problems (my signature reveals all!), i'm 22 years old and have a girlfriend.

Generally i am here because i started playing TTDPatch 3 years ago, then i started playing Locomotion, and finally OpenTTD.
I have an interest in public transport, books, sailing, some sports, music and television (albeit less these days)
I have various websites (hosted by webs.com - i need to hearn HTML) and other things, and am also on multiple other forums.

Click on the links in my signature to take a look at my various websites et al.
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
adrenaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adrenaguy »

hi people, i'm new here, just thought i'd say hi, yes this is my second post but who cares, i love all things engineering based, in this case, trains and rollercoasters, whenever i see a train when i'm out with my friends i'll make them stop just so i can watch it go past, i guess i'm a sad 15 year old in that sense :D but i hope to make some new friends here to add to my small list of internet forum friends. if anybody recognisesw this name that's because you can also find me on weebls-stuff forums and on the coastercrazy forums, if you haven';t visited them ,check 'em out! they're cool cats :)
aside from that i love TTD, i had it years ago and then my brother found this website and we've been (well i have definitely, he goes on world of warcraft more) addicted, pretty much, i like to make it easy for myself sometimes by turning off all the things that make it harder and just coasting along, getting upwards of £100,000,000 because it makes me feel good.

I also love games in general, i would give you my stuf for PS3/wii/xbox 360 but i only have a wii, and of course internet connection on that is forbidden! so you can find me on steam "merlecko"(i share an account with my mate) from what i've read you people seem nice so far and i hope i get to know you all better :D
The sky isn't the limit, it's a challenge.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Welcome to THE forums on the internet; TT-forums.
I think that you'll make some good friends here. :)
Last edited by Benny on 22 Apr 2009 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

adrenaguy wrote:hi people, i'm new here, just thought i'd say hi, yes this is my second post but who cares, i love all things engineering based, in this case, trains and rollercoasters, whenever i see a train when i'm out with my friends i'll make them stop just so i can watch it go past, i guess i'm a sad 15 year old in that sense :D but i hope to make some new friends here to add to my small list of internet forum friends. if anybody recognisesw this name that's because you can also find me on weebls-stuff forums and on the coastercrazy forums, if you haven';t visited them ,check 'em out! they're cool cats :)
aside from that i love TTD, i had it years ago and then my brother found this website and we've been (well i have definitely, he goes on world of warcraft more) addicted, pretty much, i like to make it easy for myself sometimes by turning off all the things that make it harder and just coasting along, getting upwards of £100,000,000 because it makes me feel good.

I also love games in general, i would give you my stuf for PS3/wii/xbox 360 but i only have a wii, and of course internet connection on that is forbidden! so you can find me on steam "merlecko"(i share an account with my mate) from what i've read you people seem nice so far and i hope i get to know you all better :D
From your old thread:
adrenaguy wrote:i love all things engineering based, in this case, trains and rollercoasters, whenever i see a train when i'm out with my friends i'll make them stop just so i can watch it go past, i guess i'm a sad 15 year old in that sense
Welcome to the party.

Your hosts during your stay will be Ameecher, Andel, Griff, Kevo00 and myself.

If you have any discussion to add about trains, see General Transport Discussion.

Meanwhile, wilkommen.

And secondly, f**k you.

... I couldn't let you go through your first seven days without being flamed at least once...

Flickr

Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

You have to excuse Dave. We think that he has got some kind of brain damage, but we haven't got it confirmed by his doctor yet. :wink:

[/flame]
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dave Worley wrote:Your hosts during your stay will be Ameecher, Andel, Griff, Kevo00 and myself.
Take me off that list, last time I took a photo of a train was 2 weeks ago. Oh snap...

Welcome aboard.

As for being sad, it's no different really from liking cars, just slightly less socially acceptable. If you buy a nice new shiny train I don't think many mates at college would be that impressed... Perhaps I should try it to guage their reaction? ;)
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Ameecher wrote: As for being sad, it's no different really from liking cars, just slightly less socially acceptable. If you buy a nice new shiny train I don't think many mates at college would be that impressed... Perhaps I should try it to guage their reaction? ;)
Somehow I don't think the banks would be willing to lend you £1.5million per carriage, particularly in this economic climate! :P - you might just be able to scrape together a fund for 153311 though, although its neither nice, new or shiny!

And welcome :)
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

It's bloody shiny now it's had a repaint!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Ameecher wrote:It's bloody shiny now it's had a repaint!
153310 also in EMT spotted on two occasions at Crewe over the last week. Close, but no cigarettes.

Flickr

Return to “Off-Topic”