Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SopwithCamel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Introduction topic

Post by SopwithCamel »

thank you i had wondered if it had been deleted, thank you again and hope all is well
Gymnasiast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gymnasiast »

After lurking for some time, I figured I'd create an account here as well. I am Michael, I'm 26 and I'm a programmer from The Netherlands.

If you think you recognise my user name, you probably saw it in relation with OpenRCT2. I am a long-time team member of the project, having joined it in May 2014. Joining that project is one of the best things I have ever done, even though it takes up a lot of time - and every now and then frustration. (Mainly about users treating us like servants. Luckily, it's a small minority!) I started playing RCT1 in 2000; RCT2 in 2003 and never really stopped. The project allowed me to fix things that had bothered me for years. Along the way I learnt an incredible amount of stuff, like the C programming language, mastering Git, working in a team and dealing with the process around software development in general, like dealing with bugs, feature requests and users.

Besides OpenRCT2 I regularly play OpenTTD. Looking at the forums it's incredible what's possible with the right NewGRFs. My own saves look pretty dull in comparison.
Many people around the OpenRCT2 project also play OpenTTD and the lead dev and I at least also play Locomotion. OpenTTD is frequently used as an example, and we have also taken window code from OpenTTD 0.1, for example. In some areas OpenTTD has taken the chestnuts out of the fire for us, although RCT2 is quite a different beast, so not everything is directly applicable.

I also have an interest in trains, mostly Dutch ones, although I like the IC125 and the Londen Underground as well. (I have a fondness for underground rail in general.)

I'm a PHP programmer in daily life, working for a company that has runs the on-line loyalty programmes for Campina (the largest diary chain in the Netherlands), Heineken, Texaco and some other companies.

I'm not sure how often I'll post here, because my schedule is pretty packed as it is with a full-time job, a 1:40 commute (x2), a long-distance relationship and OpenRCT2 all competing for time. (That is not counting stuff like cooking, cleaning and shopping. And sleeping.)

If you have any questions about me or about OpenRCT2 in general, do not hesitate to ask!
syl59
Engineer
Engineer

Post by syl59 »

Hello there :D

Sylvain here, 25 years old french men. I'm currently living in Paris, and I have been playing this game since my father has his first PC (in mid 1990-ish).
I'm also a volunteer in railway perservation in France : I'm training to become a fireman on a steam locomotive, like in the old days of railroad.

Cheers !
kiss
keep it simple, stupid
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hi!
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
RT12 Productions
Engineer
Engineer

Hello, OpenTTD!

Post by RT12 Productions »

Hello, y'all OpenTTD users!! I'm known online as RT12 Productions.

I finally decided to give OpenTTD a chance. I usually participate in the various OpenRCT2/New Element Designs forums, as I'm mu
ch more familiar with playing OpenRCT2, anyway.

I now have my copy of this game installed onto my laptop (notebook) PC, and have started tweaking inside its user interface and settings.

Thank You!
Colt_An2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Colt_An2 »

Hello everyone!

I'm registering here due to a huge access of nostalgia after my son asked me about what video games I liked to play. One of these was Transport Tycoon (along with Total Annihilation, Red Baron, Aces of the Deep ...) and this led to google searches, which led to discovering OpenTTD, which led to creating an account here.

Apart from that, my real name's Olivier, I live in Belgium and have a wife and two kids.

Chat soon on the forum!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: introduction

Post by NekoMaster »

kavinprasath446 wrote:hI ALL, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. SUGGEST ME THE GUIDELINES FOR USING THIS FORUM AND I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE A PART OF THIS FORUM
Well for one its a bit obnoxious to post in all CAPS. Then again that kind of applies to almost anywhere on the internet :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
SomeIndianGuy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SomeIndianGuy »

Hello, I am SomeIndianGuy or AG, as would see my name on r/openttdDiscord. My real name is Aniket Ghosh and I am from Kolkata,India. I am 16 years old ( much younger than most of my idols here(Neko,Purno,PikkaBird and Kamnet ) and I like playing Openttd and city planning games. I am an aspiring sprites artist and I and my friends are working on a future newGRF.
Hope you guys are all well informed.
Nothing to put here!
Jump
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jump »

Not a new member, but I logged in today after a very long time. Founded OpenTTD again via Youtube.

In the top left corner of my screen now: Last visit was: 2 May 2010, 11:32
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Jump wrote:Not a new member, but I logged in today after a very long time. Founded OpenTTD again via Youtube.

In the top left corner of my screen now: Last visit was: 2 May 2010, 11:32
That is an impressive 9-year hiatus. Welcome back, then! :D
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Isselo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Isselo »

Hi all, I'm Mike from Luxembourg....I'm 40.
I enjoy traveling and kayaking.
owenclements
Engineer
Engineer

Nice to meet all

Post by owenclements »

wooooowoooo

i never forget this game, it's first time come back in tycoon after 15 year.

i'm happy
Ittachi_Kawasaki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ittachi_Kawasaki »

I'm a Japanese man loves traveling & playing games :D . I'm 30 y/o
tognoo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tognoo »

Hello everyone. TT was released one year before I was born :O.

I've discovered it when I was about 16 and played a while. I loved it but had to study to tests and i have forgotten about it

recently i have remembered what was this game's name! and i am playing few hours per week :) great game
Dexterius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dexterius »

Hello, I'm Martin. I am 35. I Spend great 20+ years playing TTycoon and later similar games.
I'm sad that this genre is dying out and similar games are not made anymore or being very simplified.
Thanks to openTTD there is at least some classic still to play. Thanks, devs ...
======================================
:D Rail Magnate proud developer :D watch on Youtube
busface
Engineer
Engineer

Post by busface »

Hi all. I'm in my 40s, originally from the UK but happy to live in Surrey, Canada these days. I was a huge strategy game nerd on my Amiga in the 90s — played a lot of Railroad Tycoon and Civilization I & II back in the day. I'm still very drawn to games that are complex, intellectually demanding, but with retro graphics (Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm DDA, and Dungeon Crawl are three of my all-time favourites), but I am also a fan of modern sandbox-type games too (Kerbal Space Program and Rimworld in particular).

I've been playing OpenTTD now for about six months, on and off, and I keep coming back to it, so I thought I'd join the forum. I also joined the openttdcoop Discord as I'm hoping to get into multiplayer once I learn some more advanced networking techniques. I really appreciate the work everybody puts into NewGRF development and streaming/youtubing (this is such a valuable learning tool). Cheers everybody.
SomeIndianGuy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SomeIndianGuy »

Hey Harsh!
Nice to see another Indian here.

:D
Nothing to put here!
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

hello everyone! my previous reply disappeared... i stumbled across these forums via the DPRK thread. looking forward to partaking in the transport tycoon community! :bow:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Welcome to the forums, DrWho42!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
walter4WB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by walter4WB »

Hello and welcome.

Return to “Off-Topic”