Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Gontor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Introduction topic

Post by Gontor »

Hello everybody, I'm Gonzalo, a.ka Gontor :P.
I'm from Argentina, near Buenos Aires.

I've been playing TTD from over 2 years, but with some problems in the middle: some computers broken, lost saves, etc. xD.
I also play Locomotion, but the style of game is not of my pleasure, the style of roads/rails building is a bit annoying, and as I read in a critic once,it's a bit easy :P

From my personal part, my grand grandfather came to this country from England as one of the engineers that built our ruined rail road system (abandoned by our government and not well controlled by private companies :( ).
My grandfather was a mechanical engineer as my father is, but I'm going to break the row, as I want to study Civil Engineering :P
optimusjamie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by optimusjamie »

Yello. Optimusjamie here. I played TTD for a while, but got OpenTTD a few days ago. I'll try and be a hard-working member of the community, and certainly will try and help develop OpenTTD as much as I can.
SD89MAC
Director
Director

Post by SD89MAC »

Hello everybody, I'm SD89MAC
I'm from Vancouver, BC, Canada

I'm 18 and I've been Playing Locomotion since 2005 and discovered this site (and associated mods) in 2009. I hope to be able to contribute to the tt-forums community.
On the career side of things, I'm enrolled in the BCIT Railway Conductor Program and hope to be hired by the Canadian Pacific Railway as a conductor, then advance to locomotive engineer in a couple of years.

I'm quite knowledgeable with North American locomotives, so if you have a question just pm me :wink:
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Hi,

I am new to these forums, although I have been playing OTTD for several years, and have browsed this forum for the last year or so and have finally decided to join.

I live in the Chiltern Hills, near High Wycombe (although luckily not in High Wycombe :D ), and attend a grammar school. Currently I am in Yr 11 and still studying for my GCSEs :roll: . You might have gathered that my favourite train of all time is the Class 165 :shock: , because I have grown up with them as my local trains and love the bubble shape, lol.

I have finally decided to do something for TTD, and am updating a U.K scenario, with Ireland and some of continental Europe. Should be finished soon.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Welcome to the forums. You'll love it here. :D
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Class 165 wrote:I live in the Chiltern Hills, near High Wycombe (although luckily not in High Wycombe :D )
Go on Vassie, get him! ;)
Zeneth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zeneth »

Hey there... :? I'm new here. I'm ok at Open TTD, and have made 5 mil a year, and came here to learn form the masters. :bow: Wish me luck on my epic journey. :D
I'm...
A chess lover
Cat lover
TT player
Lost remote finder
And Teal lover
Dezeero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dezeero »

I thought I'd find one of these threads somewhere...

Well, actually I've been here before, but that was several years ago and I can't even remember what my username was :P

Back then I was using TTD Patch, but after a long break [mostly caused by Sims2] I decided to have another look around, and a couple of months back downloaded Open TTD instead. The jury is still out over which is better, as I'm yet to download any additional items like new GRFs.

I would like to make a more active contribution this time around, but as coding sends me to sleep and graphics take too much time, I'm not sure what to do...
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Man has the Fat Controller for an avatar. Gets respect from me.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dezeero wrote:I would like to make a more active contribution this time around, but as coding sends me to sleep and graphics take too much time, I'm not sure what to do...
Do what that varmint Dave Worley does and just hang around.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dave Worley wrote:Dave Worley
Urgh, don't get me started on that twattish leech.
cp1900
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cp1900 »

I've never done the introduction, but since "I'm back" here, I will do it now.

Well, my name is Pedro Almeida, I'm from Portugal, actually living in Entroncamento, but my "real" house is in Beja, I'm studying on a professional School at Entroncamento. :wink:
So that's why I have been so off from here as well, appart from the MSTS business and Real Trains business(Yes, I do a lot of train spotting and travel a lot by train inside Portugal...), I have been busy with the new house at Entroncamento as well with the School, I only at Beja on some weekends or holidays.
I decided to return since I was missing Chris Sawyers Locomotion, I'm looking forward to play once again on it, as well to continue developing with Plastikman the Comboios de Portugal Train Set. :)
Well, and I think that's all with information about me...
mp3Pro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mp3Pro »

well, I'm not exactly new, but I haven't been here in a long while.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Hi im robotboy. Ive been addicted to (O)TT(O/D/P) since TTO came out. Im 18 and live in Australia. Ive been on a year or two break from the forum whilst finishing my final two years of school.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hello

Been a few years since I came here, but a certain DanmacK posting on the New Element forums (RCT) made me remember this place. Just thought I'd say Hi, nice to see the community alive and kicking.

Marshy
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

mp3Pro wrote:well, I'm not exactly new, but I haven't been here in a long while.
It has been a while indeed! How are you doing these days? :)
Gerbert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gerbert »

I'm Gerbert.

I've been here for 4 years, only posting like 70 items.
My intention was to participate in both dutch meetings that have occured now.
I didn't went to those, but now I'm 18 and got a OV-card (free train rides :bow: ).
So I would like to have another go at it.

Anyone know if there is a dutch meeting scheduled? ?(
Last edited by Gerbert on 04 May 2011 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
hectobar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by hectobar »

I am Christopher, pleased to meet you all. I'm not new. I am a 153 year old gnome living somewhere on Earth. Hello to you all.
goodness! have i really been here that long?!
I'm leaning on a lamp.
Monochhrome Man
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monochhrome Man »

Heyo.

Talking gnomes aside (*breaks out the sledgehammer*) Figured I'd stop in and say hi.

I can remember playing TTD waaaaay back when we still had to toggle options to restart into ms-dos mode and poke around in autoexec's... I'd still have it if I didn't have such a talent for losing CD's. :P

Anyway, basically only discovered the project after getting tapped for permission to use some Midi's. I guess you guys have got kamnet to thank for that. They're not in my normal style, but given the amount of time I spent on TTD when I was younger I'd be kinda crazy to say no. Besides, it's a helluva compliment given how many Midi's are floating around out there. :D

Class 165 wrote:I live in the Chiltern Hills, near High Wycombe (although luckily not in High Wycombe )
What's wrong with Wycombe? We're still human here~! D:

:P

And yes, I managed to typo my own alias. My fault for typing with a busted hand... wonder if I can get that fixed...
Latest Midi : The Albatross
manicminer1984
Engineer
Engineer

Post by manicminer1984 »

Hi everyone!

I'm Julia, I live in the UK, and I have been playing Locomotion since 2005, but lost the disk ages ago..
It took months to locate another its virtually impossible to find it new, but I got it off Amazon for Christmas, and am getting back into it again, still trying to do the scenario editor - I don't do the ingame ones, I like to do my own.

I like these forums! :D
Take care
Julia

Return to “Off-Topic”