Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Introduction topic

Post by Zakos »

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay :)
Warrender wrote:I'm sure there's an option somewhere that stops trains expiring, though I think thats only if you create your own scenario.
I'm sure too, have a look around and find out :wink:
bexfire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bexfire »

Hi! Completely new here!

Played the original Railroad Tycoon, a while ago, upgrade to TT after a while, got frustrated when it wouldn't let me build further than 100 vehicles so went away for a bit the discovered OTTD a few months back and happily playing ever since!

Signed up to forums as i've got a few questions and want to get some opinions and advice to help get more enjoyment out of the game, mostly solo build, haven't ventured online yet, and not very tech/coding/pc savvy, more of a point and click girl!

So Hi!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Should i do a creepy "There is a girl?" or just a warm welcome with my bear sized body? Or just say hi back?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Now now, let’s not scare her away just yet :P
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Realized I just started posting NML questions without a proper introduction.

I live in Rhode Island, USA, which is about the same physical size of the school district I attended in primary school in the Midwest US. I came here for a job and kind of got stuck (married a local girl last year) :)

I first played TTO in 1994 when my girlfriend at the time brought home a 3.5 inch free demo disk from Software, Etc. I played it a bit, but didn't really get it at first. A couple months later I tried again and got hooked. I bought it the next day, then TTD a year or two later, and then played on and off until RCT was released. Somewhere in there was that dark hazy time I was playing MMORPGs, but I got better :). Locomotion was fun, but I didn't play it more than a few months. I rediscovered TTD and the patch a couple years ago, and in the last few months jumped into OpenTTD (thank goodness for Mac versions).

I used to be a web developer, then moved into management, and am now wandering into Enterprise architecture.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Should i do a creepy "There is a girl?" or just a warm welcome with my bear sized body? Or just say hi back?
Or perhaps just don't make a comment about something that doesn't matter, eh? :roll:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

orudge wrote:
Illegal_Alien wrote:Should i do a creepy "There is a girl?" or just a warm welcome with my bear sized body? Or just say hi back?
Or perhaps just don't make a comment about something that doesn't matter, eh? :roll:
You seriously need to check the forums more often :mrgreen: , his reply was from last December.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Perhaps, but Illegal Alien's reply was still this month at least. :mrgreen:
FrostFurry
Engineer
Engineer

Greetings FrostFurry here

Post by FrostFurry »

Greetings
I am new to this Forum and i be asking is there anyone who would like to play some private games
Just for awesome rail chains and builds nothing that competative
If yes
I would ask Skype and good english X)
Dark Warrior
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dark Warrior »

Hello,

I am registered in this forum for some time and just today noticed that there is this topic, so I will introduce myself just now.

I am living in Germany, literally in the center of the country (~50 km from Kassel, to be exact). I am working at the university on my PhD in physics, which should be completed near the end of this year. Other hobbys include scale modelling and all types of boardgames and tabletop as well. Interestingly, OTTD is one of only two PC games I play (the other one is Medieval 2: Total War). :)

I was playing the original TTD back when I was in school, so just under 20 years ago now. :shock: Than school and university stopped this until in late 2010 I discovered OTTD and was back playing again immediately. OTTD is such a great game, so much better than the original and I can only say thanks for the work to all involved!
Currently I am playing one long-time game with an US scenario (using NARS), running now for about 2 years (and still a larger part of the map is untouched by rails :D ), and also an England scenario with the UKRS set. I try to play semi realistic and also try to build networks and do not care about things like money or efficiency at all. :mrgreen:

So, back to work now. 8)
TehPlaneFreak
Engineer
Engineer

Hi.

Post by TehPlaneFreak »

^

P.S.: Are we even allowed to make threads like this in this subforum?
TehPlaneFreak!
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hi.

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Hi, and this sticky thread:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42756

May be of some use.

Interesting LoMo avatar there.
Without Trains America Stops

jappy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jappy »

hi all

im jappy.
apparently i joined 2 years ago.
this is just my 3rd post. the previous 2 was on another thread.

anyways im a big fan of Transport Tycoon games ever since.
good thing that there is a community that made this game playable in osx.

more power to all.
hope i can learn more from this community.

=)
cp9020
Engineer
Engineer

Hi there

Post by cp9020 »

Hello there everybody!

I've been watching / reading / learning a lot of ottd. Anyway, OTTD it's a great game, plus is free!, and even that angled curves are as sweet as candy for me!

My nickname is CP9020 an old metre-gauge diesel loco from Alshtom, which ran in North Portugal metric lines. First served connections from and to Porto-Estação de França and Póvoa de Varzim. Then they were allocated in Tua Line, Corgo Line, Guimarães Line...

Well that's it

:roll:
Bambus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bambus »

Hi all, just a quick hello and intro from me.

I'm from The Netherlands and played a lot of TTD in the DOS/early windows era (=90's). Just yesterday i remembered the game and looked for a playable download/abandonware, thus finding OpenTTD :bow:
Been hooked again instantly

Upon looking for some info i realised i never played the game to it's full capacity, so my games atm are kind of noobish :roll:
I guess i will just have to soak up lots of information here.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Bambus wrote:so my games atm are kind of noobish
We all feel that way when we first join the community, no matter how much experience we come in with. You'll find the information here very useful, the members helpful, and the community welcoming, I'm certain :)
NSR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NSR »

Hello I'm NSR 14 years old (almost 15) from the Netherlands
I got my own server (dutch open ttd server) and i am working on a dutch scenerio with newgrf.

I am on this forum since yesterday so this is my first post

NSR
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Very welcome to the forums!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
NSR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NSR »

tnx:)
Scenario maker
Dutch scenario with newgrf: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=66972
Support by Openttdcontentbynsr@outlook.com
ferretman
Engineer
Engineer

hello i am new here

Post by ferretman »

hello i am new here but not to transport tycoon as i have it on old ibm with win 95
my name his ian from nottingham uk

We have openttd running on two win one win 7 and win xp and now on raspberry.pi. It slow on the raspberry but cash dose not run out fast like two wins one do i world like to have openttd on old amiga if you can bye for now ian :o

Return to “Off-Topic”