Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Hello Post

Post by welshdragon »

2nd sticky down in this sub-forum, turn right and carry on ;)

(welcome, btw)
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Introduction topic

Post by Hyronymus »

Welcome to the forums, Michael.
DeletedUser2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeletedUser2 »

Thanks, and thanks for the redirection. :)
D-CHGU
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

1st post

Post by D-CHGU »

Hello everybody !

My name's Christan, I'm 26, I live in Germany and sell aluminium for a living...

I used to play TTD years ago when a pentium 1 was something fast and somehow forgot about it.
When I moved out of my parent's place I stumbled upon the CD and tried to make the game run on my new laptop about a year or so ago but sadly couldn't get it to work... after searching the web I came accross OpenTTD and started playing that and I've been enjoying many (according to my wife way too many :wink: ) hours doing so.
Allthough I've been following these forums a bit I never bothered to register since I never encountered a problem that couldn't be solved using a little trial and error, the wiki or the search function.

I mainly joined to be able to share a few screenshots of my games / rail networks and to get further tips on improving them ... and also to have fun, since it's been fun and interesting reading what's been going on here... seems to be a good community.

That's it for now, more from me some other time (might be a couple of days though...)
Changed my old screenshot-topic into an interactive one ! See here
MetGreatCentral
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MetGreatCentral »

Hi everybody!

Been playing TTD and OpenTTD for a very long time and have been a long time observer of this forum.

About Me:
- 4th year uni student
- Lives in London
- Interested in railways, in particular the British railways.
- Also interested in sports and politics
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Klaasgras »

Hello,

I am klaasgras, or, in real-life; Benjamin. I am 19 years old and from the Netherlands. I live in IJmuiden where I study at a maritime academy to become a mate on a ship. Others hobbies that I have include trains and photography.

I play OTTD since September 2010. I actually played Transport Giant first, but when I heared of this game, I played it ever since. I will start a screenshot thread very soon, so I hope you will take a look at it.

Greets to you all!
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701
JerryRice
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JerryRice »

Hi, I am new here. I just joined after finding this site. And hokey crap there are a ton of resources here. I did not realize that TT was so active. I started playing TT many years back and maybe googled for some stuff a few years ago but never looked around. I don't even know what OpenTTD is other than it looks like open source obviously which is cool, to customize whatever you want.

Anyway, I am going to read up on stuff and I wish I could live 1000 years because the possibilities of this game are endless. I don't play video games that often anymore but I am starting to again. This is one of the best games ever and this website rules.

I am from Ontario, Canada. I probably won't be on the forum as much as I would like to, but I hope to be back during vacation time.
11Runner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 11Runner »

Hello,

I am 11Runner (you can call me KillerByte)

I recently discovered OpenTTD when I was surfing the internet. After enjoying the game quite a bit, I decided to make an AI for the game, which convinced me to join this forum.

Among other things I do, I am developing my own open source game, and run a wiki.

SynTrans - A Synaptic Networking AI for OpenTTD
Hellow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hellow »

Hello, i'm (oddly enough) Hellow, otherwise known as collinp. I'm an Ubuntu Member, open source software project developer and manager, and a UNIX/Linux system administrator/network IT by trade. I took interest in OpenTTD after playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe in the (very) distant past, and Locomotion in more recent years. After discovering OpenTTD in the Ubuntu repositories, I had a "oh, neat!" moment and I admire the work that has been put into the project, as well as the many other offshoots of TT and TTD.

I look forward to becoming a part of this great community surrounding this equally great game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used to love playing Railroad Tycoon 3, even though it ran horribly on my decently-equipped desktop once you got to a certain point in the game, but it was still cool.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sir BNSF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sir BNSF »

Hello my name is Jeff. I'm 14 and I live in British Columbia, Canada. I've been a TT player since my early years (maybe 2 or 3). A few years ago I found my old TTD disc and soon found out that it won't work on the computer I had at the time. One day I was talking to someone about how I missed that game and they showed me OpenTTD so I've been playing that on and off for about 3 years. I think it was just before I discovered OpenTTD I got Locomotion as a gift (Chris Sawyer is rather well known around my house). I was looking up some locomotion stuff on youtube and I came across this channel called Zimmlock. I was instantly amazed by the realistic looking trains and found this site. I think I might have made an account on here a couple years ago but I have no idea.
I hope to become an active member of the forums but I don't know in what way I'll achieve that.
Extra little bit... I'm a HUGE fan of Rollercoaster tycoon and have been playing it since I first played TT. I tend to spend a lot of time on the computer doing whatever but when I'm not I'm either out of the house or playing Xbox. I have to say my favourite game series for Xbox are probably Call of Duty and Halo. So pretty much you could say I'm a gamer... But I think you need to be really good at all games to be a gamer so maybe not...
My hobby is model trains along with my dad (G scale). I tend to take most interest in freight trains the most and for some reason only North American trains (I dunno European trains just don't interest me as much). Since I was young my favourite train company was BNSF. Probably mostly because I was young and I liked the colours (Orange and green are my favourites). But of course my dad insists on me keeping our model railroad in the backyard strictly CN.
Anyway I guess that sums it up :) Hope to see you around!
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I didn't know there was an introduction topic, I just walked in and started to search for, and work with some sets you guys developed. And I simply began to post. But here's my introduction anyway: I'm rbos86 and I love the Dutch Trainset, Dutch Stations and -Buildings set and the Newstations set. Obviously I'm some guy from the Netherlands considering my choice :D 8) .

I always play in temperate climate, always try to build as much as possible and keep the trains riding. I also use avi8tor and FISH set, and with all the sets and also the current release of OpenTTD 1.1.4, I seem to get more extra's which keeps me going for hours, if not days considering my OpenTTD addiction.

I don't post regularly but I always stay somewhere there being a huge fan of you guys these days. (once I thought TTD was gone, but then by accident I tried to search for TTD on the net and I found OpenTTD).

Keep working on the progress (can't wait to learn the Dutch Trainset 2.0).
Greetings from rbos86.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
snow_cat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snow_cat »

Meow;
I am a long time fan open-source games, and modding in particular.

I first became interested in OTT a couple years ago when the Comp-Eng classes started lamenting having to play against an aptly named B[expletive]AI that saturated routes built by other players by performing inhuman feats of logistic management, and outright sabotage at unpredictable intervals. Most memorably it would sell a vehicle when it would cost more for it to run to the next station than to build another already there, in realtime.

While I am disappointed that I am unable to find another copy of that particular AI (knowing that it is dubious that my machine would be able to handle it even 1/8th as well as those workstations at the Institute); another pretending to be MogulAI* surprised me by sending my vehicles to the far flung reaches of the map by diverting them right out of my stations, forcing me to rebuild everything. Taught me the importance of buying land.
  • * I don't believe that it was actually MogulAI since at the time I did not have that one installed.
I tend to join a project, become very active in housekeeping chores (documentation, datatables, dev-tools, etc.) for a couple months then disappear for a year or two when other pressures divert my attention; So don't be alarmed when I disappear again.
  • Also;
    I meow at people.
pandabear
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pandabear »

My name is Connor, I am 22 years old, and I look forward too learning from other people here on OpenTTD!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: new member

Post by Pilot »

Just above this is a Topic named the Introduction Topic, which is where this should have been posted. However, as your new you may not of noticed, no problem, and sorry if you think I'm having a go.

And Welcome to the Forums.
brendan10211
Engineer
Engineer

Introduction topic

Post by brendan10211 »

Goodbye.

Just wanted to get your attention.

My name is Brendan, and I am a computer enthusiast, I think. I play minecraft, and I also am a Freshman at Apex High in Apex, NC. The AOIT program there is amazing. Google it.

There's not much else to say, so, thanks for reading!
Image Image Image

Rob2269
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rob2269 »

I'm Rob from England. I played the original Transport Tycoon back in the day and was delighted to find openTTD around the time of 0.4. I tend to have bursts where I play constantly for several weeks then pack it up for a couple of months before returning.

I finally joined the forum after downloading the latest nightly and seeing those rivers. Thanks to the developers past and present :)
Test your music knowledge in Obscure Music Game at Last.fm
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Hello Everyone!

I'm Pete, from Essex, England. At the time of writing this I'm 52 years old (sobs uncontrollably), but in my mind I'm still about 24.
I played TTDX back when it was new and had great fun with it, but soon started to find it's limitations and got frustrated with it.

A while back I switched to using Linux and found OTTD in the Ubuntu repositories. I'm glad I decided to give it a go! I found that many of the things I wished I could do in the original game were now possible. I'm amazed to find that the game has been in active development for a decade or so, improved beyond my wildest expectations. I'm especially pleased to find Trams have been added to the game.

Anyway, I've been lurking on the board for a while now, and finally decided to register. I've done some programing in the past, and, having taken a look at NML think I may be able to contribute some code (although NFO is beyond me). I'm still learning though, so this might not be for a while. Unfortunately I have absolutely no talent for graphics.

I'm pretty much a sandbox player, I can't be bothered with too much micromanagement and economic aspects don't interest me. Basically I just want to play with trains. I like playing on large maps with lots of different AI's and vehicle sets.

I'm brimming with ideas, so expect to see me in the suggestions threads!

Other interests:

Gamewise- Star Trek Armada, both playing and modding (I really must get another Windows box running).

Been playing guitar since I was 12, and am a Lead guitarist and Vocalist in a rock covers band.

Trains (of course!), both real and model.

Too many other things to mention, I could go on all night.

My deepest thanks to all the devs and other contributors. You've revived a favourite game for me and given me many hours of enjoyment, with many more to come!
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Welcome to the Forums. Have a good time on here.
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Thanks, it's gonna be great! :D
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

akrtutor wrote:Hello every one here is a math expert teacher.
Boooooo! Lol, only Joking, welcome to the Forums.

Return to “Off-Topic”