Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

RL Conroy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Introduction topic

Post by RL Conroy »

With your Awesome Pictures... I sure i will Love it here! :wink:
EDIT: Wow... Your Site is AMAZING! :shock:
Conroy: This is Rebel Leader to base. Rebel Transport 2001 has been destroyed and parts for Teleport Device have been lost. We need those Parts! Conroy out.
Erik: What the... What was that all about?
Baleog: I don't know. But he did mention the words "Teleport Device" and "Parts". Quote from the Game "Lost Vikings 2"
4f 70 65 6e 54 54 44 20 52 6f 63 6b 73 21 Hex Code
Find out what the Hex Code means! | Dec/Hex/Oct/Bin Table | Screenshots! | Topic TrafficLight Junction | TTDPatch Wiki | My Website! |
HeroBiX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HeroBiX »

I call myself HeroBiX

really love to play Open TTD, plays it sometimes with my co-workers after work, not yet dared to play it during work ;)

Iam 22years old and I live in Uppsala, Sweden

for an hour ago I was able to compile my first program from source code and it was the newest Open TTD so I can play it on my iMac ;) works AWESOME!

soon I will try to build train on two levels, so one train goes above the other, just for fun! your not saving any time or really... you dont save anything, maybe more or less losing time and money, but it will look AWESOME! thats at least what I hope for =)

Take care all of you!
noein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by noein »

Hello everyone,

you can call me Noein. I am french working in Tokyo, Japan. I am 28 and used to play TTD long time ago. I just found out about OpenTTD and I am going to enjoy it I am sure. Once i will get familiar with it I am planning to do some grf as well.

Just as a side note i work in the video game industry (MMO) but on the business side.

Cheers!
Samu
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samu »

Hi. I don't know what my interests are, they change quickly, I'm either here, either gone. I don't have a personality, it's random. The way I act here in this forum is not the way I act somewhere else. I don't know what to do with life. I'm always online nowadays.
Clockworker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Clockworker »

HELLO

I'm Frederico, a 22 years old guy from southern Brazil. I used to play a TT demo back when I was 10 or so where you could only build trains for like 2 years before it crashed (played as poorly as the AI did too) and after forgetting about that game I found TTD/TTDPatch/OpenTTD some years later. I must have started with what, 0.5.X?

Anyway, hope to have a good time here. And Merry Christmas :lol:
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hello tt-forums!!

oldish member here, as you can see by my join date. Been around 3 years since I last came here, but started to get a sudden 'urge' to play TTD again! When I played before it was all about the DBXL, Canadian trains and also Pikka's UK set! I never bothered with OTTD back then, guess I'll have to now :P!

Hopefully some guys remember me, orudge..Purno possible, or Raichase or danmack?

Marshy ^^
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I do indeed! Welcome back! :)
Brooney
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brooney »

Hello everyone and happy new years!

I'm 18 years old and from Faroe Islands in the north Atlantic Ocean. I was first introduced to TTD by my moms brother when I was like 4/5 years old back in the mid 90's lol. But totally forgot about the game after 2000 and never heard of it again. Somehow had my mom (who also played it back then.) just checked her old harddisk about 3 years for fun and found TTD again. But now was there internet around, so I looked for TTD things on the web, and found OTTD rather quickly, but I never looked on the forums. Till now!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ooh, you're from the Faroes, nice. Somewhere I would quite like to visit one day. (I grew up in Orkney myself, not a million miles away!) Welcome to the forums. :)
minardifans
Engineer
Engineer

Post by minardifans »

Hi, new member here. Been a fan of TT, TTD and Locomotion since TTD came out on the PC. I'm 28 and living in Wales. Currently still playing Locomotion, but looking at maybe getting OpenTTD.
Erzeal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Erzeal »

Hi,

I'm Erzeal from Saint Augustine, Florida.

Only started playing OpenTTD recently and i'm loving it, greatly improves the great game Sawyer made years ago.
Also a big fan of the other Chris Sawyer games, RollerCoaster Tycoon and Locomotion.

Anyway sorry to ramble, i'm glad to be here and hope to contribute and make some friends. :)

Cheers!
AIM SN: Sennen84
Steam ID: ericd20 (feel free to add me!)
I'll Never Forget You...
Vanessa "Nellie" Marcussen 1987 - 2007
Elcamo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Elcamo »

Hi, my names cam and I just started playing yesterday. I discovered this game while trying to find a good game where you can develop transportation networks, and this one is PERFECT. My other hobbies are playing minecraft, call of duty, RCT 2, and I also breed freshwater fish and inverts and operate my own "company" for that. I'm also a wicked huge sports fan, but can't play any good sports anymore because I messed up my rotator cuff.

Thanks for reading,
Cam
Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

Last visit was: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:31 am

:shock:

Ironic how I felt after playing Deluxe for years upon years - starting with the DOS version bought at what was then a new store known as Best Buy, that I thought I would have buried the game forever. It seems that even with all the adjustments first started with the Usenet posting of Patchman and his groundbreaking patch, followed by numerous others expanding upon that foundation, along with the graphical improvements of every design and shape, that a person would just say "enough" and leave forever. I thought I did...

I never did remove the web link to this site, and would casually read threads that I found interesting. From afar, it appeared the Open version would usurp patched Deluxe; yet some magic still remained with the latter. I even downloaded the Open version and tried to get it to work, but when turning on computers can be cumbersome, I never made it to the splash screen. But I seemed to know how to get patched Deluxe to run.

So about a month or two, I got bitten by the bug and started a game. I decided to use George's ECS vector system as the industry standard. Of course, I still have all the odds and ends graphics of old: KRTaylor's North American train set, Zimmlock's works everywhere, and even my little old warehouse someone was kind enough to code long ago (as but examples). Then I ran into a snag, figured I would post in the respected thread, but felt it would be polite to say "Hello!" once again to all of those from the past still around today. While not complete, and most likely butchering a name here and there, those I remember from the top of my head: DanMack, George, KRTaylor, Michael Blunck, Orunge, Oz, Patchman, Purno, Raichase, Shadow, Wile Coyote, Mr. Worley, Zimmlock, and more as I peruse the forums deeper and remember others from the past.

So hopefully everyone is well and still playing this wonderful game. :D
Hibby
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hibby »

Hi Everyone!
I'm Hibby and I'm 22 years old from Australia. I'm a uni student.
I got introduced to TTD by a friend. Lost my copy of the game, and then a couple of years later discovered OpenTTD and I've been hooked for a while now. :D
Love that there's still massive ongoing development for the game, and that there are still so many players. Would be interested in learning a lot more about the game, and haven't played online yet but would love to have a friendly sometime if anyone's interested. :mrgreen:
Raymondo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Raymondo »

Choo choo xD
Raymondo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Raymondo »

Proper introduction:

- 20 years old
- I've actually been playing OpenTTD since just before my 18th birthday, in January 2009; however, being quite asocial I'm not one for participating in any community nonsense. However, I felt the compulsion to do so now.
- I actually wrote in detail, on my blog, about one particular game, involving the Iceland scenario, and the progression of how I've developed transport there (I try to simulate the experience of command-economics as opposed to playing as a proper market/money-oriented manager, so 'goals' and 'targets' are common keywords.)
- If you want to know where my blog lays: gillon.tk. However, there are other things on there, perhaps some things that may be less than inoffensive (politically speaking) to the eyes. I'm an ultra-leftist.
- I currently study Business Management at College (a lot of irony there, admittedly.)
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Hello to all.
I name is L.A. Noire Fan, but you can just call me Conner, because thats me real name. :lol:
Im getting L.A. Noire today for xbox360. And i hear its awsome!
Im 13 years old, and am proud to be a member of these forums so i can interact with yall too! :P
Im living in a small town south of Greensboro, NC. A place called Pleasant Garden.(Yall probably never heard of it.:P)
I just wanted to introducce myself and get used to the forum.(I an NOT new to how forums work. :wink: )
Thanks,
Conner.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

L.A. Noire Fan wrote:Hello to all.

Im getting L.A. Noire today for xbox360. And i hear its awsome!

Conner.
I've seen various bits for L.A. Noire and it looks interesting. When you get around to playing it, drop us a message to say if it is any good!

Edit: And on another note, a big Hello to all newcomers.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Oh i will Griff. Im getting it today when i get out of school. At Gamestop! :twisted: I preordered it so i get exclusive content. :D
DeletedUser2
Engineer
Engineer

The Hello Post

Post by DeletedUser2 »

Not entirely sure where I'm to make one of these, so I suppose here is as good a place as any.

Hi, I'm Michael. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”