Model Railways

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Do you add flora and/or fauna, and ballast to your model?

I add flora and(or) fauna
No votes
I add just ballast
20%
I do both
70%
I leave the plain baseboard visible
10%

Total votes: 10

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Model Railways

Post by lobster »

Nice new poll, indeed. :) For me, it's mainly a mixture of countries because I'm not yet in the position to really have just trains from one era enough.
Chris wrote:What are you chatting!? Brio is the bees knees
It is though. We've always had a lot of BRIO and designing those tracks is definitely what got me bitten by the train bug, in a way. To be honest the LEGO trains are even more an option in this case, that's a very safe way of introducing trains. But there is a distinct difference between actual model trains and LEGO trains, in a way (I don't want AndersI on my tail so let me clarify they're BOTH brilliant, too :wink: ).
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Tricky poll. I'd say I was dedicated to fairly accurate stock movements, but also have fictional locos too which sort of do a bit of everything.

Also, my newest buy is the Meitetsu EL120. :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/nzSLs/comment/1158249579
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Redirect Left wrote:... and hopefully everyone is still just as enthusiastic about their layouts as they were back when the topic was started!
Yesterday morning I thought I'd post a "haven't gotten around to anything much these last years", but then I visited my parents and got a new one as a belated birthday present sort of thing:
db_br_128.png
db_br_128.png (567.86 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
It's basically the prototype between the BR120s and the later BR145/146s and kinda vaguely to the TRAXX locomotives, too. Sort of. Either way, it's quite beautiful, I think ;) And a very nice metal model.

Incidentally, we also went to the Nuremberg DB museum, which was - OK? I mean, it's not super huge or anything but has some decent stuff and is pretty cheap at 6€ (less if you arrived via DB, which is a nice gimmick, I thought ^^). Either way, they have some pretty neat 1:10 models. Some of the "popular" stuff but also quite a bunch of the really weird ones.

It does also have some fairly horrible stuff, admittedly. Like a large room entirely painted in DB red. Nuts.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm surprised by the results of the poll. I expected people to be more into running the same era of things for more realism, turns out not!

I'll leave the poll on for a few more days before finding another question, unless anyone has a good one they'd like to ask the modellers here on TT-F and i'll use that one :)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Problem is, it's not always easily available to model one particular era. Plus everyone can have a favourite outside of the era too etc.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

For me it's mostly an accumulating sort of thing. I started in the 90s. And I'm not that hardcore to give away models just because they are now 20 years out of date ;)

Also; most single engines can be explained. There's literally anything from, I don't know, starting the 1930s or so still on the tracks somewhere in Germany. So... ^^
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Since wooden trains recently (kind of) came up; here's apparently a game about them:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So with 75% of the poll votes. It's quick easy to see that people tend to throw all rolling stock together, rather than sticking to a specific era of model units.

I've changed the poll again, this time regarding the decoration of your model railways!

I've also made the decision to scrap lots of un-needed stuff in my bedroom, now i have a largeish area of blank space. Guess what i'm thinking of putting there, much to my wallets disapproval.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I have to put words here in case the word counting police come and arrest me
Attachments
Before...
Before...
FBB432D8-1B6E-488A-9D30-0E9FFDF75F68.jpeg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
... after <br />(I LOVE static grass!)
... after
(I LOVE static grass!)
C71F55A8-9A39-4271-B52D-D8DBA89B2B97.jpeg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Dave

Post by Dave »

“If a topic has not been posted to by any other user after a reasonable period of time (a few days at least), then a double post may be tolerated if new information is being added.”

Here is some new information.

The brewery yard shunting engine is allowed under special instructions to access the station limits at St Ann’s Bridge to ease movements in and around the yard. The BR shunters welcome the extra motive power gleefully, and occasionally Hawthorn Brewery shunter “Sally” finds herself with some illicit added duties, as we can see here as she propels a 20 Ton brakevan to the limit of shunt. After reversing she’ll detach the brake in the platform and scuttle back into the yard to rest.

The 57 class on pilot duty will come down the hill, shunt the brake on to the Hawthorn beer wagons and draw them up to the Junction where they will be added to a stopping goods to Wolverhampton.
8523F4B3-C376-4C9D-BCEB-EF8E397014F4.jpeg
(423.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Chaos at the moment, what with two house moves in the space of a fortnight. So here's a project I managed to complete just before all that happened. Now I can make a layout with the space I have soon.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EAkuS
Seibu cement wagons

Return to “Off-Topic”