Great New Music

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

RandomAlien
Engineer
Engineer

Great New Music

Post by RandomAlien »

I'm here today to talk about two fairly small bands, whom are both at present in the recording studio making new albums. Anyone that's been in a band will appreciate how hard it is getting any sort of promotion, so I'd love it if I could even get just one person to listen to this music!

The Action Design
Born out of the ashes of various Warped Tour bands (most recognisably Tsunami Bomb), The Action Design are already making a name for themselves in North America in the small towns they perform at. Their latest song, Connect/Disconnect (don't worry, it's not a Rick Roll) boasts powerful lyrics from the outstanding female vocalist, a powerful bass line, exciting guitar riffs, and expert drumming. Check out their MySpace or Official Website, and order the CD now, you can get it delivered to the UK for about £7, and it's well worth it! You can also get more of their music from those sites, and I'd recommend Scissor Game and City Committee in particular.

The Vincent Black Shadow
A strange mix of punk/cabaret backed with extremely talented individuals. Again, fronted by a woman, this band is even better live than they are recorded. Having recently finished a tour of the world (or well, Europe and the US), they're back in the studio now recording their second album, but don't take my word for it, check out their blog online! Their latest single from the outstanding album of the same name, 'Fears in the Water', can be found on YouTube here, however if you're more interested by the cabaret side of things (which made me fall in love with them, you may want to check out 'Letters To No-One', which can be found here, though it's not a real release, so the video is just a fan's amalgamation of album art and promo photos. Finally, I feel I should mention the MySpace and BoDog Official sites for this band. They're also on Facebook somewhere, and you can get most of the songs from their first album from those sites, though as usual, if you like them, buy the CD! I'm here to promote these bands, not dish out free media!

Anyway, please give these two bands a listen, and if you like them, even if it's just a little bit, tell your friends, tell your work-mates, your class-mates, everyone you can get your hands on! Thanks!
Dave

Re: Great New Music

Post by Dave »

I've got VBS's first album through a connection with a promotion company.

It's actually called "Fear's in the water" as in "Fear is in the water", not a number of fears in water.

It's alright. Think Nightwish crossed with the Arctic Monkeys crossed with The Killers.

Bright future ahead for them, I reckon.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Great New Music

Post by lobster »

C-C-C-C-THREADRESURRECTOR

Alright, I'm sure there was a topic about music promotion but I'm hijacking this one. Got a project? Post it here. Made a song? Post it here. Janglin into a box and now opening the box to let people hear the janglin? Do it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I've made a whole load of tracks on my Nintendo DS over the years under the guise of Bysque, using Nitrotracker. This great, nifty little program works like Fasttracker2 which we used back in the 90's to make stupid hardcore/gabber songs. Now, despite it being somewhat spartan and/or barebones it's perfect for raw composition, because you don't get sloshed down by effects or a plethora of functionalities that in the end just limit how creative you can be. I've uploaded the first 8 tracks on YT:

There's been two releases of 8 tracks each so far, with new ones coming soon: https://bysque.bandcamp.com/ - this is all free so download at your leisure.

Looking forward to seeing others' projects in here! :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”