Pets - Post Pictures of Them Here!

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Pets - Post Pictures of Them Here!

Post by StopRightThere »

Our dog is a Schipperke. I don't have any pictures of her but Google Search has some:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?gbv=2 ... rch+Images

Unfortunately, we didn't get her as a puppy, and her previous owners docked her tail. :cry:

She's happy enough though.
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

mrMann wrote:My cat is currently recovering from being poisoned by either rat or lily poison. He is currently fine having been to the vets yesterday.

Better keep him indoors then, I think.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

Purno wrote:
mrMann wrote:My cat is currently recovering from being poisoned by either rat or lily poison. He is currently fine having been to the vets yesterday.

Better keep him indoors then, I think.
He went out earlier today but is currently asleep on my bed :P
Hmm, what should I put here...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

So i am getting a small one...

Post by Illegal_Alien »

.. a puppy:

We have him for 1 week now, still small, likes toes, currently the size of a grownup versions head.
Attachments
998768_398806133552772_40642767_n.jpg
998768_398806133552772_40642767_n.jpg (21.84 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: So i am getting a small one...

Post by Purno »

Nice! Congratulations!

We hope to have a puppy too, soon. But till then, keep posting pictures of yours.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

How could we possibly let this topic sink that deep...

New pictures!
Attachments
SAM_3206.JPG
(1.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
SAM_3207.JPG
(1.58 MiB) Not downloaded yet
SAM_3209.JPG
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Image
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Unfortunately I lost my childhood dog, a black retriever, last Christmas. Possibly the saddest thing I have ever experienced, she was amazing.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Losing a pet is always hard. Last year the golden retriever of my parents in law died. She was an extremely sweet and cute dog who helped me get rid of my fear for dogs. But she has had a good life.

Best thing is to move on, and find joy in another pet. :)
Image Image
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

Not technically a picture, but hell, apparently I started this thread, so I don't care. :p

Hmm, what should I put here...
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

My dog, well, one of them
Attachments
image.jpg
Blue Merle Australian Shepherd
(1005.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

A few photos of Barney I've found on my phone:
Attachments
image.jpg
(1.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet
image.jpg
(1.91 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

awww.... cute!
Post more! Post more!
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yesterday we received news that our puppy is born. One of these little ones will be our new pet :D
Attachments
nest_20131111.jpg
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Image
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

One of my favorite 'people' in the world:

Sita
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Trond wrote:One of my favorite 'people' in the world:

Sita
Nice pictures. Beautiful dog! :))

Meanwhile, our puppy has grown a bit and is now 5 weeks old:
Tessa

She's still living with her mother, brothers and sisters. Early january she'll be moving in with us :tongue:
Image Image
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Thank you Purno. And, wow, thats a little cutie there. What breed is it? Looks a bit like a cocker spaniel I think, but I dont have much grip on dog-breeds...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Heh, not that odd. It's a Dutch breed that many Dutch people even never heard of :mrgreen:

It's a "Kooikerhondje", or "Dutch Decoy Dog".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kooikerhondje
Image Image
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I admit I've never heard of that... Looks like it could be a popular dog, very good looking ;)

What are they used for? The decoy in the name kinda 'scares' me a bit...

Bertrand Russell

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Trond wrote:What are they used for? The decoy in the name kinda 'scares' me a bit...
Did you read the wikipedia article I linked to? :P
Wikipedia wrote:The Kooikerhondje or Kooiker Hound, is a small spaniel-type breed of dog of Dutch ancestry that was originally used as a working dog, particularly in duck hunting and tolling. [...]

History

The Kooikerhondje was developed in the Netherlands around the sixteenth century to be a tolling breed. They were used to lure and drive ducks into 'kooien' (cages in the form of canals with traps at the ends), where the hunter (the so-called Kooiker) could easily catch the fowl. [...]
Image Image
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

tbh I mainly looked at the pictures, then I googled it to see how big the dog was in reference to a person, and then... I was back here, hehe

Not as big as the one we have now, but def. going on the list for my next dog in 10 years time or so.. But still not as small as a regular cat :) Very nice face also on this breed... Thanks again for showing us, and keep them pics coming when she moves home to you in January :)

Bertrand Russell

Return to “Off-Topic”