US Government shuts down all American Oil rigs

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

zc15-nyonker
Engineer
Engineer

US Government shuts down all American Oil rigs

Post by zc15-nyonker »

Due to the spill accident in the gulf, President Obama shut down all American oil rigs from Alaska to Florida. I know we need to take action, but that seems a little bit rash, the US being the top consumer of oil and all. Anybody got a opinion?
A fan of OTTD, Transport Empire
My creations: World Across Scenario
Steam power & local factories are the answer to America's problems. Oh, yeah. Representatives that represent are needed too.
GurraJG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: US Government shuts down all American Oil rigs

Post by GurraJG »

He hasn't actually shut it all down, just certain types of drilling: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and ... 177716.stm
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Until they all get inspected and prove that they too will not spill millions of gallons of oil onto the coast lines then shutting them down is a good thing. As far as America being the biggest consumer of oil - yes that is true. As far as more offshore drilling cutting back on America's dependence on foreign oil sources - no, that is a lie. All oil is sold by the oil companies on a world market. There is absolutely no control over who gets what oil from which well. It goes to the highest bidder at the time of the sale.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

I can see the conspiracy theorists are now warming their typing hands up to tell the world about how it's all a plot to raise oil prices. :lol:
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Monaro Doorslammer wrote:I can see the conspiracy theorists are now warming their typing hands up to tell the world about how it's all a plot to raise oil prices. :lol:
You should see the kinds of things that Conservapedia are getting up to!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
zc15-nyonker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zc15-nyonker »

Monaro Doorslammer wrote:I can see the conspiracy theorists are now warming their typing hands up to tell the world about how it's all a plot to raise oil prices. :lol:
Actually, thanks to OPEC oil prices are supposed to stay decently steady. :roll: Of course "it's a middle eastern organization that has people running it that hate America" (or so my paranoid parents tell me) :lol: and is not to be trusted. We could talk until OTTD 2.0 is released about that.
A fan of OTTD, Transport Empire
My creations: World Across Scenario
Steam power & local factories are the answer to America's problems. Oh, yeah. Representatives that represent are needed too.
GurraJG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GurraJG »

JamieLei wrote:
You should see the kinds of things that Conservapedia are getting up to!
Some of my favourite quotes:
Barack Hussein Obama II (birth name Barry Soetoro, allegedly born in Honolulu August 4, 1961)...
A month later, the crisis has not been resolved with oil reaching the Louisiana coastline and threatening the Florida Keys. President Obama has very slowly and weakly responded to the issue, something which liberals are equally slow and weak in acknowledging.
And my personal favourite:
Discover what Wikipedia, public school systems, and the liberal media don't want you to know about the creation vs. evolution issue.
mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

Post by mmarvelstrain »

Its funny, when Bush was doing things ineffective in New Orleans everyone hated him, and said he didn't care, but When Obama does NOTHING, no one says anything, at-least with bush he was doing SOMETHING.
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

mmarvelstrain wrote:Its funny, when Bush was doing things ineffective in New Orleans everyone hated him, and said he didn't care, but When Obama does NOTHING, no one says anything, at-least with bush he was doing SOMETHING.
there is a difference between a natural disaster, the respinsibility of the government to clean up, and a company installing faulty equiptment, should be the responsibility of the comapany.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

And everybody in USA wait for BP to do sth with that problem. Great idea! 8)
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

no, I'm mearly saying they are completely different occurences.
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

JamieLei wrote:You should see the kinds of things that Conservapedia are getting up to!
You can keep abreast of the best of Conservapedia over at RationalWiki, where we attempt to shine some light in their faces.

"The wiki that can be expressed as the ratio of two IntegerWikis!" - me
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED

Return to “Off-Topic”