Speed Test

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Speed Test

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

New provider. I was tired from maximum 25 MBPS download on ADSL, and purchased cable pack with digital TV (including HD programs), net and fixed phone line for less than 30 EUR per month:

Of course, I retained my old fixed phone number.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Samurai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samurai »

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Best results I've had in a long time and still pretty Crappy... Supposed to be getting better than this too!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So could not live without this speed now i've been spoilt by it!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:So could not live without this speed now i've been spoilt by it!
Gimme Gimme! And, No, not a man after midnight, though that could work also :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:So could not live without this speed now i've been spoilt by it!
Gimme Gimme! And, No, not a man after midnight, though that could work also :mrgreen:
I'm loving how your ping to Manchester was 31ms, mine was 5ms. That includes going over a large set of hills, whilst you're already over that side to begin with! :lol:

Also, it depends on what sort of man you're after, as to whether I can supply it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

Have a decent 4G here.
Now I wonder how good is Wi-Fi at our underground.
Sorry for my bad English.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:I'm loving how your ping to Manchester was 31ms, mine was 5ms. That includes going over a large set of hills, whilst you're already over that side to begin with! :lol:
I had 3 Live Spreadsheets open, so that probably wouldn't have helped my ping! Not to mention my internet is pants :lol:
Redirect Left wrote:Also, it depends on what sort of man you're after, as to whether I can supply it.
Know any nice cute guys around my age do you? :mrgreen:
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Wow, wow, I'm always impressed with nice upload sppeds. Here is stupid situation, every provider gives very asymetric connection, no mather of way how you are connected (wireless, cable, DSL etc.). Of course, you could have bigger upload sppeds, but price is skyrocketing in that case. :evil:
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Redirect Left wrote:I'm loving how your ping to Manchester was 31ms, mine was 5ms. That includes going over a large set of hills, whilst you're already over that side to begin with! :lol:
Pretty much all UK DSL-based connections route via datacentres in London (anything using the BT Wholesale network certainly does); Virgin Media on the other hand tend to be able to route data from city to city without needing to go via London.

So for me in Aberdeenshire to ping my next door neighbour, the ping needs to travel via London. If Virgin existed up here and offered cable, then at worst it'd maybe go via Glasgow or something - maybe not even that, it would perhaps just go more or less direct.
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

If you'll ever need fast and free internet in Moscow, now you know where to find it: underground.
Upd:
Better results at another line.
Sorry for my bad English.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:Also, it depends on what sort of man you're after, as to whether I can supply it.
Know any nice cute guys around my age do you? :mrgreen:
Offhand, I don't recall your age. Nor your opinion of 'cute' :p
orudge wrote:
Pretty much all UK DSL-based connections route via datacentres in London (anything using the BT Wholesale network certainly does); Virgin Media on the other hand tend to be able to route data from city to city without needing to go via London.

So for me in Aberdeenshire to ping my next door neighbour, the ping needs to travel via London. If Virgin existed up here and offered cable, then at worst it'd maybe go via Glasgow or something - maybe not even that, it would perhaps just go more or less direct.
I wonder if that explains when I used to use Sky. Why my ping differed very little between Scotland & France...
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Test result the old fashioned way...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2243185417
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I've more than doubled my internet speeds after recently moving house. My phone gets somewhere in the region of 74-75 Mb/s, so I imagine this laptop isn't very good at high speeds (Slow piece of rubbish, though again, having Live Spreadsheets and Requests from some (rather slow) systems operating in the background won't help that I imagine?)
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Not bad for one of the worst ISPs in the UK.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

A little present from provider:

And this is at work:

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

DIG DIG DIG!

Back in January, I took what I think is the fastest speed test result I’ve had, on Vodafone 4G in Aberdeen:

Found myself on 5G not too long ago and got about 5Mbps speed test though!

Still on 80/20 FTTC at home, which is fine, but we’re looking at moving house and it seems most of the potential houses we’re looking at might sync at around half that speed. :(
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I mean, not to brag but... :mrgreen:
Admittedly, the upload is lower than usual today...

Tell you what though. Try going back to the first couple of pages and seeing what we considered "pretty good!" back then. :shock:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I have 500/100 so I suppose this is good, don't know why I get such high upload though.

My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So the second post ever on this thread, was me testing my 2007 internet.
Redirect Left wrote: 08 Sep 2007 14:18 Myintarwebz is the suck
Here's my internet today. I've come a long way!

Last edited by Redirect Left on 17 Mar 2021 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”