Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14620 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1721 722 723 724 725731 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

NekoMaster wrote:
Drury wrote:
im 12 and what is this

YOu can't be 12, if your 12, that means you where 7-8 years old when you joined in 2008.

Your maths is a little out. If he's 12 now, and joined in 2008, that would have made him 3/4 years old.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:01 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I was old when I joined these forums and being involved and keeping active makes me feel years younger :D

AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74510
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:43 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

GarryG wrote:
I was old when I joined these forums and being involved and keeping active makes me feel years younger :D

Well its nice to see some older people around, showing that OpenTTD and these forums are suitable for all ages :D

Even more, its nice to see more people making content for openttd, and for Australian stuff, which hasn't seen much love compared to Japan, Canada, USA, UK, and Russia.

# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I was 15 when I co-founded the forums with Matt, and 13 when I started the owenrudge.co.uk forums that formed half of the original TT-Forums (and indeed when I started my TT web site, a web site that looked somewhat like this).

Said forum was a bit quiet in early-2001, with a grand total of 8 topics. You can still read them here, should you wish to!

Digging around the archive has also reminded me of this fantastic site, The Transport Tycoon Semi-FAQ (unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get to the 'live' site, maybe it's not up any more). I spent many hours poring over that site; it was a very interesting and comprehensive site as I recall.

Hmm, I quite fancy a game of OpenTTD now. If only I had the time!

Also, I thought I'd check the memberlist to see if anyone's near to beating my post count. It looks like Dave is the one to watch out for, as he has an average of 4.19 posts per day, versus my 4.06 posts per day.

So an extra 0.13 posts per day, and Dave needs to make 6,755 posts to make up the difference. 51,961 days... 142 years... OK, maybe I don't need to be worried, assuming we both keep posting at the same rate!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

orudge wrote:
I was 15 when I co-founded the forums with Matt, and 13 when I started the owenrudge.co.uk forums

Do you still have similar tastes to 13 year old you? I found this on that Web Archive site

Owen of forums past wrote:
owenrudge.co.uk Forums
Last Updated: 26 January 2001

As part of the server move, I've launched a new forums section. You can discuss anything you like, really, whether it's to do with DJGPP, GEM or Transport Tycoon, or Melissa Joan Hart, Emma Bunton or Britney Spears :-) ...

I remember I once had a post ratio (is that right? :lol: ) of something like 4.6 posts per day or similar, but that was during the heights of 'The Nations Game', which I played a lot from not long after I joined the forums :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

My interests have generally moved on, but I'll always have a soft spot for Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

For a game that been around for such a long time it great it still has interest from the younger ones.

I wonder who the oldest using these forums and still enjoy the game .. I'm 62.

I remember these forums starting up but because I didn't under stand coding I thought this forum not for me. Then early 2015 when I was making a scenario to scale and as realistic as I could, I though be good if I could learn to code and make things for my scenarios .. So in May 2015 I joined, and thanks to NekoMaster encourage me to start doing train sets encouraged me eventually to have a go.

And I still learning and all you guys out there are still helping me which is great to have all the support.

Cheers and thanks all

AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74510
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:47 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

GarryG wrote:
For a game that been around for such a long time it great it still has interest from the younger ones.

I wonder who the oldest using these forums and still enjoy the game .. I'm 62.

I remember these forums starting up but because I didn't under stand coding I thought this forum not for me. Then early 2015 when I was making a scenario to scale and as realistic as I could, I though be good if I could learn to code and make things for my scenarios .. So in May 2015 I joined, and thanks to NekoMaster encourage me to start doing train sets encouraged me eventually to have a go.

And I still learning and all you guys out there are still helping me which is great to have all the support.

Cheers and thanks all

And look where you are now, you basically have content that spans almost every aspect of Australia.

Also I didn't know you where that old Garry, but still good on ya, goes to show that even an old dog can learn knew tricks when they want to :)

Good luck with your future endeavours, I dunno how much more can be added to the australian object stuff, but I hope you keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

London isn't doing too well, having just 120 hours into 2017 breached pollution limits in Lambeth. Brixton Road breached its limit of 18 breaches of the legal limit just days into the New Year, according to King's College London, which monitors the state of the air in London. Under EU law the average hourly level of NO2 (nitrogen dioxide), must not exceed 200 micrograms per cubic metre more than 18 times in a year, in Brixton Road this has already occured.
The first road in London to breach the limit last year was Putney High Street, in south Londons Borough of Wandsworth, which went on to exceed the limit over 1,100 times over the course of 2016.

Sources: BBC News & Independent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Pilot wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
Drury wrote:
im 12 and what is this

YOu can't be 12, if your 12, that means you where 7-8 years old when you joined in 2008.

Your maths is a little out. If he's 12 now, and joined in 2008, that would have made him 3/4 years old.

well now I feel like an old 12 year old

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:42 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

orudge wrote:
My interests have generally moved on, but I'll always have a soft spot for Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

The box set is by far the most played DVDs in my house... Now, where did I leave my Bundt? :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 am 

There was a point in 2008-10 time where my post per day count was way over 10. I've grown up and the forums are less polluted with imbeciles now, so I've brought it down a LOT.

I was 16 when I joined on Boxing Day 2005. Not sure why I chose to then.

These forums have been with me for over 11 years and have seen me through an absolute rollercoaster.

My first post was a braindead request in the original UKRS set thread for someone to post links to the grfs within...

My second is here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22618&p=387787#p387787

Equally daft, but a good example of how active the forum was in those days - Hyro responded in three minutes. You'd be lucky to get a response in three hours now haha - that's just the way it is though.

Happy days :)

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 am 

orudge wrote:

It's not me in my avatar - it's Melissa Joan Hart!
viewtopic.php?t=1639
http://www.melissazone.com/forums/index ... 6ebdcd77bc

Sorry for digging these up, Owen! :P

(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91) 2016-06-23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:36 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Not been able to sleep all evening, spent it watching Archer.

Worth it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:59 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I found out that Windows XP still isn't 100% completely dead.

Turns out you can get a version of XP that's been stripped down of its fancy consumer stuff for commercial use

WINDOWS EMBEDDED POSREADY 2009

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=11196

Microsoft provides a copy for free evaluation for up to 120 Days, afterwards I guess it'll lock up and you'll have to reinstall.

Microsoft is still providing Extended Support until April 2019

Not only that, because its stripped down and streamlined for commercial use like DIsplays, terminals, cash registers, and what not, it also has much
lower requirements then the Home or Professional versions of Windows XP. I've heard people say it runs faster on older hardware then even
regular editions of Windows XP

Though if you look around on the internet there are ways to get around the Evaluation limitations and time limit.
I'm not going to link to any Product Keys or Tools for modifying the time limit and evaluation limits, most of you guys should know how to use google

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Chrill: oh my, that brings back some memories too!

NekoMaster: Is there any reason you'd still want to use XP though?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:24 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

orudge wrote:
Chrill: oh my, that brings back some memories too!

NekoMaster: Is there any reason you'd still want to use XP though?

Old computers that can't run modern windows (like really old stuff)? Or maybe theres still hold outs.... or perhaps you have software that requires windows XP.

If anything right now I'm messing around in Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, works alright in VMWare 12 (drivers installed properly)

Weird thing is though, if you try to use the easy install method with VMware, VMWare thinks WE POSready 2009 is Windows Server 2003

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 am 

I can't say where I currently work (LOL) but I can tell you there are a number of XP machines still kicking around, off network but linked, for the purposes of very specific work with legacy software that hasn't been replaced yet.

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Exactly the same here. There's still a computer running windows 98 in one of the labs...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:23 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Dave wrote:
I can't say where I currently work (LOL) but I can tell you there are a number of XP machines still kicking around, off network but linked, for the purposes of very specific work with legacy software that hasn't been replaced yet.

My old employer still has an alarming number of XP machines linked to their network, never understood why because there was no legacy software being used on it that didn't work on Win 7.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14620 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1721 722 723 724 725731 Next