The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Pacific RailRoad »

Chrill wrote:I'd rather you edit your post than create a new one, Pacific RailRoad. I've taken the liberty of editing this for you this time. :)
awww , how kind of you lol.
__==Chop Chop , That's all Lads , Go home now if you don't have plan to replay==__
My youtube (Locomotions videos shenanigans) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrsVWb ... e97MVmrSkg
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pacific RailRoad wrote: awww , how kind of you lol.
It's what moderators are for :wink:

Also, this forum is rather lax for editing - as long as no-one posted beneath you, you can edit and delete; until a few weeks (or one ?) after someone posted after yours, you can edit. Other than that you can ask by reporting or just make a new post.

So please, do kindly avoid double-posting.
Redirect Left wrote:London saw an odd spate of crime yesterday.
Prime material for the other thread I guess.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

YNM wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:London saw an odd spate of crime yesterday.
Prime material for the other thread I guess.
I thought that'd come up :P

if it makes anyone feel better, the attacks aren't in tourist areas, and are currentlly being blamed on a rise in gang crimes and arguing within drug dealers.

edit: Two more have been stabbed in Croydon today; http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/06/two-teena ... e-7447447/
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote: if it makes anyone feel better, the attacks (..) are currentlly being blamed on a rise in gang crimes/
That does make me feel better :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote:
Redirect Left wrote: if it makes anyone feel better, the attacks (..) are currentlly being blamed on a rise in gang crimes/
That does make me feel better :mrgreen:
As long as your not selling coke on someone elses turf, or another gang members girlfriend, you'll probably be right.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

When I got the call, I knew the interview was only a formality...

Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

I got kicked out of a Bookstore because I moved all the Bibles and religions related stuff to the Fictional section.

How Rude of them.
__==Chop Chop , That's all Lads , Go home now if you don't have plan to replay==__
My youtube (Locomotions videos shenanigans) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrsVWb ... e97MVmrSkg
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pacific RailRoad wrote:I got kicked out of a Bookstore because I moved all the Bibles and religions related stuff to the Fictional section.

How Rude of them.
They don't want their job as a bookkeeper stolen by a bystander.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote:As long as your not selling coke on someone elses turf, or another gang members girlfriend, you'll probably be right.
Why would I possibly sell coke on someone else's girlfriend?
My Scenarios:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Nyotaimori, just for drug deals ... that's innovative.
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

Pilot wrote: The rankings are based off your post count. To become a "Traffic Manager", you would need 128 posts. This is directly related to the TTD Company rating system, so you would need 960 posts before you reach the top rank of "Tycoon".
I'll eventually Get there soon.

BTW , Crusader Kings II have been free for the last days , have anyone grap it before the deal end? I did and it's pretty much like someone's giving you free golds because the game's guuuud!.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pacific RailRoad wrote:
Pilot wrote: The rankings are based off your post count. To become a "Traffic Manager", you would need 128 posts. This is directly related to the TTD Company rating system, so you would need 960 posts before you reach the top rank of "Tycoon".
I'll eventually Get there soon.

BTW , Crusader Kings II have been free for the last days , have anyone grap it before the deal end? I did and it's pretty much like someone's giving you free golds because the game's guuuud!.
Crusader Kings II is delicious, however I prefer Europa Universalis IV. Check it out!
My Scenarios:
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

Chrill wrote: Crusader Kings II is delicious, however I prefer Europa Universalis IV. Check it out!

Sure will soon mate.
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

I've had this interesting PS/2 mouse laying around for months, finally plugged it in, restarted my PC, and started using it. It's not exactly ideal for 1080p, or comfort, but it's fun to play around with. Three buttons, left mouse on the left (of course), middle mouse button is at the bottom, and right on the right. It even has old LEDs under the ball that shine green, and turn red when clicking.
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thought I'd splash out and get the 4K UHD Blu-Ray version of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Arrived yesterday, so I stick it in my Xbox One S and... nothing. It's the only UHD disc I've got (and the only UHD player I've got) so it's not like I can try another one. Apparently it's quite a common problem, and if I try it lots and lots of times it might just work. :evil:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

As some of you may know. I volunteer at a rail station.
Today, I was told one of the staff had filed a grievance against me.

A few week ago, whilst there was a strike on, that affected the drivers, conductors and cleaners (for some reason, i don't know why they got involved). The station got pretty messy, so I helped myself to a set of rubbish bags, totally cleaned up the station, litter picking, emptied full bins and generally improved the stations appearance. It gets pretty messy after even a few hours of cleaners doing jack all. I did it all in the correct manner, and put on a hi-vis with the logo for the volunteer group. I in no way appeared or attempted to come across as an actual cleaner, just wearing my normal volunteer uniform.

Apparently one of them was super offended that I demonstrated their job could be taken over and done almost as well by someone who isn't paid and doing it out of concern for the passengers opinion of the company who runs the station, which isn't even the one that took part in the main strike action.

That'll be a fun meeting next time i'm in. Got called up about it this evening, shall be given a meeting with someone from the company soon. Hopefully its for sake of appearances due to it being an official complaint, rather than anything serious.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Redirect Left wrote:As some of you may know. I volunteer at a rail station.

A few week ago, whilst there was a strike on, that affected the drivers, conductors and cleaners (for some reason, i don't know why they got involved). The station got pretty messy, so I helped myself to a set of rubbish bags, totally cleaned up the station, litter picking, emptied full bins and generally improved the stations appearance. It gets pretty messy after even a few hours of cleaners doing jack all. I did it all in the correct manner, and put on a hi-vis with the logo for the volunteer group. I in no way appeared or attempted to come across as an actual cleaner, just wearing my normal volunteer uniform.

Apparently one of them was super offended that I demonstrated their job could be taken over and done almost as well by someone who isn't paid and doing it out of concern for the passengers opinion of the company who runs the station, which isn't even the one that took part in the main strike action.

That'll be a fun meeting next time i'm in. Got called up about it this evening, shall be given a meeting with someone from the company soon. Hopefully its for sake of appearances due to it being an official complaint, rather than anything serious.
Fingers crossed you don't get fired

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

In the Netherlands, a company can get in trouble if there is a strike and hires other people to do the work (strike breaking). Not sure how it is where you live, but you might get something of a warning (although I don't expect any consequences).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Transportman wrote:

In the Netherlands, a company can get in trouble if there is a strike and hires other people to do the work (strike breaking). Not sure how it is where you live, but you might get something of a warning (although I don't expect any consequences).
I wasn't 'hired' to do anything. I just happened to be there on normal volunteer stuff, saw the state and decided to use some spare time to clean up the place.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Redirect Left wrote:... whilst there was a strike on, ... their job could be taken over and done almost as well by someone who isn't paid ...
Seems pretty clear why a complaint would be made to me - this is pretty much the whole point of a strike.

Return to “Off-Topic”