The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm meant to wear glasses, but have never done so. I look such a div in them :(
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

YNM wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:I never thought I'd see the day I'd need glasses and today is the day I start wearing glasses.

Its a bit weird and while I don't need them up close (I have myopia, I can't see distant objects) I might as well get use to having them on all the time especially if I'm going to be working or going to school.
Never use them while looking at your phone at home or so. It'll stop progressing the myopia that way. But do use them while looking at computers.
I don't need glasses for close up stuff and I've seen people telling you not to wear glasses for things you can see clearly, like things up close if you have Myopia. I'm good with using the comptuer or reading books but I can't see clearly beyond 10 feet, past that I can only read really large text, so not even fairly large road signs are legible until I'm up close without my glasses.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

NekoMaster wrote:... I can't see clearly beyond 10 feet, past that I can only read really large text, so not even fairly large road signs are legible until I'm up close without my glasses.
If you mean you can't focus beyond 10 ft, then you better off without glasses most if not all of the time... Unless you drive, of course...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

YNM wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:... I can't see clearly beyond 10 feet, past that I can only read really large text, so not even fairly large road signs are legible until I'm up close without my glasses.
If you mean you can't focus beyond 10 ft, then you better off without glasses most if not all of the time... Unless you drive, of course...
Well my vision gets blurry beyond 5 feet, so I can't read subtitles if I'm sitting across the room from a TV (which is bad when it comes to movies and anime). Anything beyond 10 feet and things become totally unreadable.

Also having blurry vision across all 160 degrees of my vision is rather annoying, something about blurry vision and fog that's very distracting and sometimes makes me ill.

Sadly with glasses I no longer have that wide peripheral vision I've always enjoyed, makes living in a city with bad and dangerous traffic a little easier to live (being able to catch things out of the corner of my eye faster then other people)
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I have decided to start a political party with the future of this planet at the core of its political philosophy. We believe that the best way to secure the prolonged survival of Earth, we must eradicate mankind.

I suggest using napalm over Times Square, Piccadilly Circus, the Eiffel Tower, the Red Square, near the Brandenburger Tor, along the Hollywood Boulevard, and the Forbidden City. To begin with.

I also suggest the banning of shoes and the use of LEGO for all pavements, sidewalks, and any/all pedestrian walkways.

In addition to the above, we suggest opening the gateways to other universes and dimensions. This will surely enable the wiping out of mankind in a swift and timely manner.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

@ Chrill : Terrorism ? :mrgreen:
NekoMaster wrote:Well my vision gets blurry beyond 5 feet ... Anything beyond 10 feet and things become totally unreadable.

Sadly ... I no longer have that wide peripheral vision ...
Well... Some trade-off I suppose, maybe contact lenses ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

YNM wrote:@ Chrill : Terrorism ? :mrgreen:
NekoMaster wrote:Well my vision gets blurry beyond 5 feet ... Anything beyond 10 feet and things become totally unreadable.

Sadly ... I no longer have that wide peripheral vision ...
Well... Some trade-off I suppose, maybe contact lenses ?
I'll take a lack of peripherals over jabbing my eyes with contact lenses. I'm that kinda person that some how pokes their eyes with anything and it hurts for a long time. Just last night I managed to poke both eyes some how before bed, one eye with a tooth brush and the other with the corner of my blanket.... all I can say is that delayed my sleep by 2 hours.
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

If Brushing your teeth is a pain in the eye, your doing it wrong. :lol:

When I got my first pair of glasses, I noticed that I could see an in-focus reflection of my own eyes, and at night I can see light sources reflecting off my eyeball/cornea.

Now after twenty years my brain has learned to ignore it most of the time, just like the hourly beep of my watch.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

TimeLapse1357 wrote:If Brushing your teeth is a pain in the eye, your doing it wrong. :lol:
Nah, more like I'm just that kinda person that randomly gets hurt some how. I don't see myself as a clumsy person, but s*** just happens. Random cuts, scratches, bruises, etc. and sometimes I dont even know how I got them,
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Chrill wrote:I have decided to start a political party with the future of this planet at the core of its political philosophy. We believe that the best way to secure the prolonged survival of Earth, we must eradicate mankind.

I suggest using napalm over Times Square, Piccadilly Circus, the Eiffel Tower, the Red Square, near the Brandenburger Tor, along the Hollywood Boulevard, and the Forbidden City. To begin with.

I also suggest the banning of shoes and the use of LEGO for all pavements, sidewalks, and any/all pedestrian walkways.

In addition to the above, we suggest opening the gateways to other universes and dimensions. This will surely enable the wiping out of mankind in a swift and timely manner.
But how are you going to compete with Trump? Or do you see yourself in an international alliance to achieve all those goals?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Transportman wrote:But how are you going to compete with Trump? Or do you see yourself in an international alliance to achieve all those goals?
What do you mean compete? I am eradicating all humans. That will not include him. He is a lizard man.
My Scenarios:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Chrill wrote:What do you mean compete? I am eradicating all humans. That will not include him. He is a lizard man.
I'm amazed a Moderator would be so racist as to compare the poor lizard people to someone like Trump. Xenophobe!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pyoro wrote:
Chrill wrote:What do you mean compete? I am eradicating all humans. That will not include him. He is a lizard man.
I'm amazed a Moderator would be so racist as to compare the poor lizard people to someone like Trump. Xenophobe!
That's called speciesism. And I am very much pro speciesism. HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR. Therefore we shall eradicate them.
My Scenarios:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Reminds me of Tabitha, an end-of-the-world novel. Basically, aliens decide to invade Earth and destroy humanity because we're so war-like and pollute the planet. That made such an amazing amount of sense ...
... the novel was pretty great, nonetheless ^^;
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pyoro wrote:Reminds me of Tabitha, an end-of-the-world novel. Basically, aliens decide to invade Earth and destroy humanity because we're so war-like and pollute the planet. That made such an amazing amount of sense ...
... the novel was pretty great, nonetheless ^^;
Quite like the Flight of the Conchords. Allow me to quote:

- Robo-captain? Do you not realize that by destroying the human race because of their destructive tendencies, we too have become like.. Well, it's ironic.
- Hmm. Silence! Destroy him!
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

An entire bouquet of oopsy-daisies.
A large flood in Hackney, London after a burst water main.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Designated Survivor. An ABC hourlong drama. Airs on Netflix in the rest of the world. CRAZY EXCITING. Watch it.
My Scenarios:
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Yep it really sucks you in!
[+] Spoiler
I knew right from the off that Peter MacLeish was evil - hes just got that weird evil guy look
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:Yep it really sucks you in!
[+] Spoiler
I knew right from the off that Peter MacLeish was evil - hes just got that weird evil guy look
Mega spoiler for ep. 10 (ie. last one for a few months)
[+] Spoiler
ffs it's actually getting a bit ridiculous with the writing an plot holes. I mean seriously Hannah or chuck could have called in a threat on the president & it would have been investigated and all would have been fine. Instead she wanders through the crowd and tries to fire a pistol at a sniper.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

This week it snowed a good amount in Ontario, Canada... and we're due for more snow tonight and this weekend.... and then probably more snow a week from now

Return to “Off-Topic”