Transit King is looking for Pioneers!

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Transit King is looking for Pioneers!

Post by IsoElukka »

Our thanks to orudge and the admins, who gave us permission to enlist! The game's not OTTD for sure, but hopefully something some of you might find interesting and fun to play from time to time.

Here's a short description:

In this new free-to-play tycoon game Transit King, your job is to take over the transport company of Henry Goodwin III, who’s more into horse polo than hard day-to-day work. The surrounding towns and villages evolve into glimmering cities as you fulfill their requests for food, clothing, goods and mass transit. Transit King offers an approachable yet elaborate take on tycoon games with multi-tiered goods chains and gradual expansion into new areas of transit business.

We got big plans for what Transit King can offer with the final release. The current version concentrates on truck traffic, with buses, multiplayer and more to follow. We’re aiming at Fall 2017 release with Summer spent on adding features and polishing them up for the final game. Pioneers with suitable Android devices can hop right in with iOS users to follow soon after. Pioneers are not just glorified beta testers, but front runners whose feedback will help us make Transit King the best it can be! BON Games is a small team from Finland, we're aiming high to bring you a solid laid-back tycoon experience for mobile devices.

WHO ARE THE PIONEERS
- A group of players ready to test beta builds, give feedback and help Transit King evolve during the summer for the launch

WHAT THEY DO
- Give feedback/bug reports/suggestions about the game straight to the devs 
- If they like Transit King, maybe mentioning it to their friends :)

WHAT THEY GET
- Early access to the alpha and beta builds
- Special in-game title of “Pioneer” with a golden nameplate (once the game's complete)
- Premium currency called Transit Notes periodically during development and a big pile on game's launch
- And of course, the eternal gratitude of BON Games team!

For more info, feel free to post questions and comments here, or send me direct messages or email (matti.isotalo@bongames.fi).
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transit King is looking for Pioneers!

Post by IsoElukka »

Also don't hesitate to ask any questions or shout out comments even if you're not planning on joining up. TT-Forums is transport-enthusiasm condensed, so all the feedback we get is valuable! And if you're an Apple user, contact me and I'll add you to the list. We already got an iOS version, but it needs a bit of updating before sending it to Pioneers.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

First of all, thanks for posting. Second of all, let me confirm that IsoElukka did contact orudge first. This message is fully approved. :)

On the same topic, I'd be keen on testing for Android if I may. How do I go about setting that up?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

Chrill wrote:First of all, thanks for posting. Second of all, let me confirm that IsoElukka did contact orudge first. This message is fully approved. :)

On the same topic, I'd be keen on testing for Android if I may. How do I go about setting that up?
Yeah, didn't want to spam the forum with this before asking the admin(s). It's just rude.

Send me an email or pm here for your preferred email address, and I'll add you to the list. As soon as we've got our end set, I'll be sending you the download/install info and further instructions.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Since the devs of Transit King reached out to us for input, support etc, maybe it would be good to set up their own sub-forum? Surely that would be more active than the one for all the rest of the dead games that still have virtually no interest anymore? :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

If we end up with more than a few pages of content in here, and it's still being posted in a month or two down the line, then perhaps - otherwise it'll just be another empty forum!
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

orudge wrote:If we end up with more than a few pages of content in here, and it's still being posted in a month or two down the line, then perhaps - otherwise it'll just be another empty forum!
I'm totally ok with either option but I agree that if this thread goes silent after a while, there's no point in having the an entire forum subcategory do the same.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I'm ready and willing to test this to destruction and provide useful bug reports/feedback. Where do I get it?
Last known as: Weirdy
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

SkeedR wrote:I'm ready and willing to test this to destruction and provide useful bug reports/feedback. Where do I get it?
Excellent! Send me a PM or email (address in the OP) and I'll add you to the list. As soon as we're set with a build, I'll send you a link and instructions to download. Welcome to the Pioneers!
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

The Pioneers have now received the game and we've set up a forum for them to provide feedback, suggestions and whatnot. There's still room for more participants, so don't hesitate to message me for an invite! We're hard at work, squashing bugs and bringing in more features on a weekly basis, so if you've ever been interested to see "behind the curtains" how a game gets developed, Pioneer program might be for you!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Are you looking into having this game translated in the future? Asking because I’m a Dutch translator and have been a Transport Tycoon player since forever, so I would love to work on that. :)
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

Arathorn wrote:Are you looking into having this game translated in the future? Asking because I’m a Dutch translator and have been a Transport Tycoon player since forever, so I would love to work on that. :)
I think we have translation covered, but I'll ask about it!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Im up for testing the ios version.
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

Leanden wrote:Im up for testing the ios version.
Alright! I'll add you to the list and notify as soon as our iOS beta catches up with the Android version. Send me a mail or pm with your contact email address and we'll get started.
piepjepuh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by piepjepuh »

I wanna pioneer if still possible. I like the game and i played it yesterday, but since yesterday evening i cannot play anymore due to an "instance server communications error". Do more people experience this?
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

piepjepuh wrote:I wanna pioneer if still possible. I like the game and i played it yesterday, but since yesterday evening i cannot play anymore due to an "instance server communications error". Do more people experience this?
Joining up is most definitely still possible! Just send me a pm or email with your preferred email address and I'll add you to the program! We've had issues with one of the servers and are working towards fixing it as soon as possible. You're not the only one suffering from this. My apologies.
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

Just a quick update: We've now published the Transit King FB page at https://www.facebook.com/transitkinggame/ and will be using that for news and game info. The soft launch is expanding as well, so you might already be able to try the game out! Go check it out and maybe drop a like while at it? 
rushikesh.k25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rushikesh.k25 »

Doesn't load. Just sits on the loading screen indefinitely with the loading bar cycling from 0 to 100 over and over
player id-5KLG2CF
PLEASE HELP
IsoElukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IsoElukka »

rushikesh.k25 wrote:Doesn't load. Just sits on the loading screen indefinitely with the loading bar cycling from 0 to 100 over and over
player id-5KLG2CF
PLEASE HELP
Hello - we're received your message to customer support and are investigating the issue.

Return to “Off-Topic”