San Andreas MultiPlayer (SAMP)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

San Andreas MultiPlayer (SAMP)

Post by Purno »

Hey guys, recently I got all addicted by this RPG-server for GTA San Andreas Multiplayer. Chrill, Saibot and me have a bus company there driving routes, and there's lots of other things you can do. If you like GTA, and got SA installed, check it out. Here's what you need:

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1572
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=1325.0
Server address: 212.227.83.76:3014

And to see the map of busroutes me and Saibot made; take a look here http://www.maj.com/gallery/Purno/GTASAM ... line8c.png

It's much fun, but this is no DeathMatch server, it's RolePlaying.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's a really good server! I recently turned admin, today actually. The bus company is great, (most of) the fellow players are great, and the game itself is great! Check it out :) I know you want to..
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
LilDood
Director
Director

Post by LilDood »

If its like a life sim i'd play but i don't have the game :S
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Ah yes, SAMP, I used to be a beta tester for that in it's pre-release days.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Born_Acorn, play it :)
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Oh oh, when i get my GTA, can i be a bus driver too :D
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Chrill wrote:Born_Acorn, play it :)
Nah, I only like exploding everything that moves with a RPG, not playing one. :p
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lil Dood wrote:If its like a life sim i'd play but i don't have the game :S
There are ways getting the game, both legal and illegal. :wink:

We're kinda simulating life, but GTA is not really a life sim itself (AFAICT). It's worth checking out anyways, IMO.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Captain Kirk wrote:Oh oh, when i get my GTA, can i be a bus driver too :D
On this perticular server, that's my decision :P

And it's a great server, once you get used to everything in it and the commandos and all that.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I think it's a pwnage server, to use such an expression. Everyone's welcome :D
My Scenarios:
LilDood
Director
Director

Post by LilDood »

Purno wrote:
Lil Dood wrote:If its like a life sim i'd play but i don't have the game :S
There are ways getting the game, both legal and illegal. :wink:
If i was to somehow obtain a copy i doubt my parents would let me play a quick google of San Andreas is enough evidence to put them off even if i do only want it to play on this server.

So i'd say its not really for me
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

So your parents don't want you to play such 'violent' games? Damn, that s*cks. How old are you?
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

My dad teached me Quake III when I was like 9 :P
My Scenarios:
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

I heard a bit about SAMP since my main forum used to be GTAF, but what kind of server is this? What's the objective, I know YOU provide a little bus service (would you mind explaining how, where you get the busses etc?) but what do all the other players on that server do once they've ridden your busses? :P
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Tyyppi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tyyppi »

Hmmm, I suddenly got an urge to install San Andreas again. Maybe I should try, we'll see. But yes, anything more you could tell us?
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

beeb375 wrote:I heard a bit about SAMP since my main forum used to be GTAF, but what kind of server is this? What's the objective, I know YOU provide a little bus service (would you mind explaining how, where you get the busses etc?) but what do all the other players on that server do once they've ridden your busses? :P
It's a RPG-server. Some play cops and go randomly ask peoples for their license. Of course, if you aren't licensed to drive a bus (and thus stole it) they're gonna arrest you. They also hunt criminals (tho, first try to arrest and jail them, before killing them). And those who steal cars.

Our bus depot is located at Linden Station, Las Venturas. But only if you're officially hired, you are allowed to drive those busses.

There also are a few gangs, what they do, I don't know. And there also are streetraces, and there seems to be a DeathMatch-roof.

Take a look at the server if you're interested, but this is a non-DM-server, so don't go around killing random people.
Image Image
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

beeb375 wrote:I heard a bit about SAMP since my main forum used to be GTAF, but what kind of server is this? What's the objective, I know YOU provide a little bus service (would you mind explaining how, where you get the busses etc?) but what do all the other players on that server do once they've ridden your busses? :P
The goal is to roleplay, simple as that.

Our bus depot, as said, is located on a train station in east Las Venturas, where we have our 5 buses (locked and protected by our secret password), and 2 Moonbeam service cars.

Other organizations are drug dealers, maffia, streetracers, taxi company etc.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

And then you have your competitor's bus depos, where there was an, hmm, unfortunate explosion that destroyed half his busses on sunday at 4am? :(
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

No competition ATM (except some teleport commands, unfortunately).
Tho, we expect a train company to be founded someday.
Image Image
LilDood
Director
Director

Post by LilDood »

Purno wrote:So your parents don't want you to play such 'violent' games? Damn, that s*cks. How old are you?
I'm 14 buts it wouldn't be the violence as i gots GTA 1+London and GTA 2 but in SA i belive there is err sex related stuffs

Return to “Off-Topic”