The 'I don't have a girlfriend' thread

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: The 'I don't have a girlfriend' thread

Post by Chrill »

I guess that is what the topic is for. I don't know, really. I don't have a girlfriend but I do have a fiancée.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

NoMorePacers wrote:My problem (as far as I'm aware) is that, I have a very distinct difference between my outside and my inside. My outside is rather tough to break through and penetrate to get to my inside.
Not showing your sensitivity? I think that's called being a man. :lol:

Bill Burr's piece on this is great.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Benny wrote:
NoMorePacers wrote:My problem (as far as I'm aware) is that, I have a very distinct difference between my outside and my inside. My outside is rather tough to break through and penetrate to get to my inside.
Not showing your sensitivity? I think that's called being a man. :lol:
A 'man' has a diversifying definition. Putting them all into one bucket and doing your toilet duties in it may not be the greatest idea in the world. I shall end this piece with a quote. This one will explain the situation for a plenty of chaps with a girlfriend, just use it in that context rather than the one it was originally written for. In the words of Clement Attlee, 'We may have won the war, but we lost the peace that followed'.
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

I've got a girl stuck in my head. I've got half my classes this semester with her. I may not belong here for much longer.
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

Nathanxbox20 wrote:I've got a girl stuck in my head. I've got half my classes this semester with her. I may not belong here for much longer.
One problem: I don't think I'd be able to take her on a date. I don't drive, my parents probably won't want to drive me anywhere, nor do I really like that idea, and the nearest place I'd take her is 7-8 miles away. While I do have the option to bicycle, I'd rather not be hot and sweaty.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Nathanxbox20 wrote:I'd rather not be hot and sweaty.
Attachments
aoygjh.jpg
aoygjh.jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 4490 times
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Nathanxbox20 wrote:
Nathanxbox20 wrote:I've got a girl stuck in my head. I've got half my classes this semester with her. I may not belong here for much longer.
One problem: I don't think I'd be able to take her on a date. I don't drive, my parents probably won't want to drive me anywhere, nor do I really like that idea, and the nearest place I'd take her is 7-8 miles away. While I do have the option to bicycle, I'd rather not be hot and sweaty.
Hire a chauffeur and the new Mercedes-Maybach Pullman. Whilst you may be in debt for the rest of your life you'll enjoy every moment of the trip. :twisted:
Or get a Morris Marina and drive her in that. Problem is, a piano will be dropped on it and you'll be in it. :twisted:
My thing is that, I have many things that are called problems. Here's a list:

I can't start a conversation.
I black out of things.
I am afraid they're going to turn around and say 'p*** off sausage face' or what a girl would say if David Cameron tried to kiss them.
I wear glasses so I look like Michael Foot with them on and a hideous experiment with them off.
I'm too sensitive.
I wouldn't be able to tell my parents if I did get one.
I wouldn't know what to do.
I would probably end up rage quitting or in a coma if I tried to go on a date.
There are lots of hotshots they would rather be with.
I'm too much of a nerd to like.
I watch too much Top Gear.
I spend lots of time in front of a computer.

I'm probably being a ridiculously overly pessimistic b******, but that's what I feel.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

NoMorePacers wrote:
Nathanxbox20 wrote:
Hire a chauffeur and the new Mercedes-Maybach Pullman. Whilst you may be in debt for the rest of your life you'll enjoy every moment of the trip. :twisted:
Or get a Morris Marina and drive her in that. Problem is, a piano will be dropped on it and you'll be in it. :twisted:

I black out of things.
I am afraid they're going to turn around and say 'p*** off sausage face' or what a girl would say if David Cameron tried to kiss them.
I wear glasses so I look like Michael Foot with them on and a hideous experiment with them off.
I'm too sensitive.

I'm probably being a ridiculously overly pessimistic b******, but that's what I feel.
Have you considered going to the GP and talking about this anxiety / self-doubt? Whilst they directly probably are unable to deal with this, they should be able to refer you to places that can help you.
Oh, and the problem #1 you forgot is, you live in Hull :mrgreen:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Redirect Left wrote:
NoMorePacers wrote:
Nathanxbox20 wrote: One problem: I don't think I'd be able to take her on a date. I don't drive, my parents probably won't want to drive me anywhere, nor do I really like that idea, and the nearest place I'd take her is 7-8 miles away. While I do have the option to bicycle, I'd rather not be hot and sweaty.

I black out of things.
I'm too sensitive.

Have you considered going to the GP and talking about this anxiety / self-doubt? Whilst they directly probably are unable to deal with this, they should be able to refer you to places that can help you.
Oh, and the problem #1 you forgot is, you live in Hull :mrgreen:
I suppose that's only half the problem. Do you, or anyone here for that matter, wear glasses? I personally think that, while they help with vision, it makes you look like: 1. if you have big glasses, then you end up looking like either Michael Gove (errgh) or Michael Foot (most people hate Jeremy Corbyn, who is and it is the same f****ing thing) or John Major (for god's sake) 2. if you wear small glasses, then you end up looking like Michael Howard (just no).
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

NoMorePacers wrote: I suppose that's only half the problem. Do you, or anyone here for that matter, wear glasses? I personally think that, while they help with vision, it makes you look like: 1. if you have big glasses, then you end up looking like either Michael Gove (errgh) or Michael Foot (most people hate Jeremy Corbyn, who is and it is the same f****ing thing) or John Major (for god's sake) 2. if you wear small glasses, then you end up looking like Michael Howard (just no).
This image is from the TT-F meet back in July. So at least 2 members here wear glasses. I am prescribed glasses, but rarely wear them (I'm the one without glasses in that picture). I recall that plenty others were wearing glasses at the meet.
For a lot of people, they do genuinely suit glasses.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Redirect Left wrote:
NoMorePacers wrote: I suppose that's only half the problem. Do you, or anyone here for that matter, wear glasses? I personally think that, while they help with vision, it makes you look like: 1. if you have big glasses, then you end up looking like either Michael Gove (errgh) or Michael Foot (most people hate Jeremy Corbyn, who is and it is the same f****ing thing) or John Major (for god's sake) 2. if you wear small glasses, then you end up looking like Michael Howard (just no).
This image is from the TT-F meet back in July. So at least 2 members here wear glasses. I am prescribed glasses, but rarely wear them (I'm the one without glasses in that picture). I recall that plenty others were wearing glasses at the meet.
Thanks. That actually gave me some comfort. Now, on an unrelated (perhaps a little personal) question, how old do you think I am? Seriously, I am not as old as you may or may not think.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

NoMorePacers wrote:I suppose that's only half the problem. Do you, or anyone here for that matter, wear glasses? I personally think that, while they help with vision, it makes you look like: 1. if you have big glasses, then you end up looking like either Michael Gove (errgh) or Michael Foot (most people hate Jeremy Corbyn, who is and it is the same f****ing thing) or John Major (for god's sake) 2. if you wear small glasses, then you end up looking like Michael Howard (just no).
Hmm. For me the glasses feel transparent. Of course glasses can make peoples faces more interesting, but I never consciously think about this, unless I am bored, standing in a line etc, but then anything else can get my attention, so nothing special here. Beside, a lot of people wear them these days, including a lot of girls. So I am surprised that there is somebody who feels uncomfortable wearing glasses, I think you should not.

But if you still feel this way, I would recommend you to look for the discounts glass shops make and visit them and let them help you to find you suitable frames. Visit few of them and when you can not decide between their suggestion then just take a random pick.

Disclaimer: proud glass wearer, and perhaps getting a little old, hmm, as on last time I asked the shop to order the same frames I already had. Till now I always got something new.

And if this does not convince you, just look for the other wearer. :) And those look quite fine fellas with, or without glasses.
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Consider the glasses a test for the other person. If they cannot get past your glasses, you're better off without them because they're clearly shallow, superficial. If the glasses don't bother them, then at the very least they can accept this part of you for who you are.
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

Well, I no longer belong here. Woo! She seems like the perfect girl for me. We share a number of similar likes: playing musical instruments, computer stuff (programming in specific), some other things. When I asked her out, I was going to suggest going to a nearby park, but she suggested paintball. PAINTBALL. I'm ecstatic! Not to mention, she's pretty cute, and very short. Maybe, just maybe, I won't belong in the thread for a long time...
Life has no respawns.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

That's if Donald Trump doesn't get elected and Kim Jong-Un hasn't launched North Korea's new 5000 mile super-range nuclear missiles, which will fall on your country and kill you. :twisted:
In all seriousness though, good job on your behalf. Hopefully you won't end up in a tight position!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NoMorePacers wrote:My thing is that, I have many things that are called problems. Here's a list:
Can I possibly add one thing to this list? As you said in the Introduction topic, you are rather young, you shouldn't be worrying about being in a relationship with anyone. You're probably just starting at a new school, and getting to know new people, and they should be your main focus. Until you learn to balance a High School Workload and your Social Life, you should focus on those things first. You are a little immature also, now that is to be expected for someone of your age, but some of the stuff you say can put people off you, and stay with you for a long time, this is something that I found out the hard way myself!

Also, Glasses shouldn't be a problem, some people will find you attractive, other's will not. I personally find myself a little bit nervous about my Glasses, but I only started wearing them back in April or so.
Redirect Left wrote:This image is from the TT-F meet back in July. So at least 2 members here wear glasses. I am prescribed glasses, but rarely wear them (I'm the one without glasses in that picture). I recall that plenty others were wearing glasses at the meet.
That Picture has really convinced me I need to lose weight! I look awful! :?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:This image is from the TT-F meet back in July. So at least 2 members here wear glasses. I am prescribed glasses, but rarely wear them (I'm the one without glasses in that picture). I recall that plenty others were wearing glasses at the meet.
That Picture has really convinced me I need to lose weight! I look awful! :?
Naw, you look fine! It was also the first picture I came across on the TT-F meet thread that demonstrated TT-F users with glasses :p
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

NoMorePacers wrote:how old do you think I am?
There's absolutely no way for us to know that, although you sound (to me) quite young. Things will [probably] change.

When I was young I had glasses, red hair, was left-handed and good at school, and had a father that was a teacher. It took until I was 26 before I really dated someone, and we're still married today, 36 years later. I still wear glasses, I'm still left-handed, my hair is turning white (what's left of it), ...
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

NoMorePacers wrote:My thing is that, I have many things that are called problems. Here's a list:
Sounds like you're over thinking things a bit much. Everyone's nervous at first because of the fear of rejection and not knowing quite what to do. Have more confidence in yourself and just do what you enjoy. The rest comes naturally, especially when you come across someone you click with. And don't worry about what other folks are boasting about having done and feeling like you have to match them. A lot of what they say will just be lies and bravado.
AndersI wrote:I'm still left-handed
That's because we're going to rule the world one day.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Bad Hair Day wrote:
AndersI wrote:I'm still left-handed
That's because we're going to rule the world one day.
Can I get in on that, I'm left handed too! :mrgreen:

Also on topic - I still don't have a girlfriend, or anything.

Return to “Off-Topic”