Nearly Free Legal Music !

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Nearly Free Legal Music !

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

what would you say if you could get 1mb of any music for 1cent :?:
what would you say if it would be totally legal :?:

... australian journalist downloaded around 900 music files for 50 dollars whereas with iTunes it would cost around 900dollars ...

:arrow: http://www.allofmp3.com

it stores uncompressed music and files are compressed "on demand"
at MP3, OGG, WMV and some other types ... in various qualities

in other words you pay for quality you download

it looks promising ... I cannot say more now, I need to register, but try it yourself if you want ...
website seems to be very popular already :P
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

on, the other and KCEasy is completely free! wee ( and yes, chris, it's open-source)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I am not talking about p2p tool which allows you to share your files ....

I am talking about a new way to purchase music legally ... and only 1cent for 1megabyte
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:I am talking about a new way to purchase music legally ... and only 1cent for 1megabyte
The cool thing is with P2P in Canada, it is completely free, and legal. Using Kazza, (if you live in Canada) you can legally download music. But it is illegal to upload it. I'm not sure about all the facts yet though...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

What makes it even more interesting is that (at the moment; until the ruling gets challenged), it's also legal to have the files in your upload folder. It's only the actual uploading that's illegal, just offering them is still legal...
Sinaasappel
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sinaasappel »

way_2_fun wrote: The cool thing is with P2P in Canada, it is completely free, and legal. Using Kazza, (if you live in Canada) you can legally download music. But it is illegal to upload it. I'm not sure about all the facts yet though...
If i understood what patchman told me today, it's just the other way around in Canada (i.e.: offering them is legal, but the downloading isn't (because then you initiate the illegal transfer)).

In Europe however (or at least in Holland) it is exactly how you say it. Downloading is always legal, it's the responsibility of the provider to make sure it's legal (in that case the downloader doesn't get a nasty surprise when he thinks he's legally downloading something that isn't).

So... downloading from something canadians provide is perfectly legal for both of us :)
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time,
but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.
-- Despair.com
dizcon
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dizcon »

It's perfectly legal in Norway as well. :wink:
Music, movies and software... "They" claim they have laws against software, but no one ever got convicted and I doubt they are covering much.
I know Sweden has banned all downloading, don't know about other European contries.

Anyway, I don't trust Russian companies. :roll:
gasp
Chairman
Chairman

Post by gasp »

Brazil has not much about computing stuff on its law. I believe it has nothing about P2P, what I think is a shame... well it's very nice to normal people, but still a shame :P.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I signed up for this some months ago, it seems (I tried to sign up for it yesterday, and then discovered I'd already registered in January ;)). I transferred $10 in via PayPal, for 1GB of downloads, and now I can get nice, high quality Ogg Vorbis music very cheaply. :)
HoQuocDu
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Nearly Free Legal Music !

Post by HoQuocDu »

I have old free legal music, KPM.

Return to “Off-Topic”