Games Like Transport Tycoon

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Offworld
Engineer
Engineer

Games Like Transport Tycoon

Post by Offworld »

Can someone please post details of other games similar to Transport Tycoon (and TT Deluxe).

I have both versions of Transport Tycoon and think they are very addictive games. I also think that Chris Sawyer´s Rollercoaster Tycoon is fantastic too.

I bought Railroad Tycoon II (thinking it was another Chris Sawyer game) but it isn´t. I do not like this game. Building the railways just isn´t as realistic as TT.

I also bought the Hornby Virtual Railways software. But it isn´t really a game. It is just a design tool for people who do create miniture railways. You can only construct small layouts and the graphics are good enough (big and detailed yes) but the animation is very jerky. It´s all programmed in Macromedia Flash or something.

I have heard about another game similar to TT - can´t remember it´s name - but I think it is only about buses & trams? Can someone tell me more?

All the best

Offworld
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Hi

I´m not sure if Chris Sawyer has any other games. But I´ve found that people that like Transport Tycoon also seem to like C&C (Command & Conquer). I do! Try some of those games and see if you like them. It uses the same kind of system as TT does too.

Matt Gillard
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

LOL

Post by Ildefonse »

Hehe, the C&C series are quite diffrent from TT apart from the isometric point of view methinks :)) . But nevertheless, I indeed liked them very much!

I started with Dune 2, then C&C, then Red Alert, then Red Alert Aftermath, then Dune 2000, i didn´t like Tiberian Sun and I have played Red Alert 2 a little bit and also Emperor of Dune. Still Red Alert 1 remains my favorite.

Adam
I made that! ;)
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Yeah I like Red Alert 2 the most. Mind I´ve never played Red Alert 1. I´d like Yuri´s revenge. I know someone that has it and it looks good. :]

Matt Gillard
Wezz6400
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wezz6400 »

I like RA2 also! I do have Yuri´s revenge but without the movies (strange huh? :D). I installed and played for a few minutes but without the movies it´s no fun.
I have RA2 with movies so I just play that one. 8)
Last edited by Wezz6400 on 02 May 2002 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

OOOOh

Post by Ildefonse »

You guys are missing something! RA 1 kicked ass! Some things that bothered me about RA2 is that you have to fight with dolphins etc. I mean.... ?(

LOL

You should try RA1 once.

ADam
I made that! ;)
Wezz6400
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wezz6400 »

I do not have RA1 but if I could get it I would. And probable like it. I like almost all strategy games. :)
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

I know someone that has RA1. I might ask to borrow it. But I still play RA2 for now. I like it. :D
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

You go girl!

Post by Ildefonse »

Hehe, having fun with the the dolphins and squids?? :))

No just kidding, it can be fun to play, but I will never play it as much as i had played RA1.

Adam
I made that! ;)
R3D
Engineer
Engineer

SAD BUT TRUE!!

Post by R3D »

There is no game like TTD

WE NEED TTD 2000 with the whole world´s vehicles done with 2000 style interface and gfx. SO much could be done, single landscape but weather and night and day and seasons etc. The author went the wrong way with Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - he should have done his overdue TTD2 sequel- after all- it was TTD´s turn for a revamp. Now where do we right about this on this forum?? off to go look ;)
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

Why not TTD 2002 or TTD Gold?
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

I agree with R3D. It would have been ace if it was TTD2 rather then RCT. I never really liked that game much.

Matt Gillard
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

RCT isn´t bad, but TTD is better!

(However, in RCT I spend lot of time building railroads, monorails and cableways :D)
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

Spot on Marco! :)) TTD is better. Thats what I like to hear. That makes me happy. :))
Thanks,
Adam Reece.

Return to “Off-Topic”