The Formula One Topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: The Formula One Topic

Post by Chrill »

Perez will miss the upcoming British GP (and probably 1-2 more races) after testing positive for covid-19 today.
https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/30/per ... -covid-19/

We'll see who replaces him. Probably Gutierrez, who's on standby for Mercedes, but they could opt for someone like Hulkenberg too.
Newest screenshots published January 9, 2019
Chrill's scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso
(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

It's Hülk. Didn't think it'd happen for him, but it makes sense after all - really, there wasn't anyone else. Gutierrez hasn't driven enough kilometers in a F1 car since he's out of the sport (he's there as a sim driver, not as a reserve) and Vandoorne is occupied with Formula E. With Alonso signed for Renault ... kinda slim on other options ^^; Could have tried for Nico or Jenson I guess, and hope to get an exception, theoretically. But Hülk is good enough, knows the team, and has effectively just missed three races.

Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hulk couldn't get his Racing Point out of Q2 despite the car being clearly able to do it (Stroll qualified P6 in the end, but only just got into Q3 with 0.000s to spare). I foresee Hülkenberg struggling in the race, does he really have the stamina to protect his neck through 90 minutes of these high-speed turns? It will be very hard for him, especially in the second half on lower fuel and higher speeds.

I do see Hülkenberg doing better next weekend, assuming Perez isn't cleared to partake by then.
Newest screenshots published January 9, 2019
Chrill's scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso
(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “Off-Topic”