Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

Post by ChillCore »

Please let me know if you can not join because the server is full.
I will then upgrade ASAP.
================================================

Looking for a vanilla server?
Have a look here, Smallfly has his up and running:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64982

=================================================

If there is a voting it runs untill next thursday (friday-morning-ish).
Reply to the thread if you want to add an option.

Current installed versions are:

Code: Select all

Tekkit Classic  - Home - whitelisted -peacefull
FTB Mindcrack v 8.2.0 - The Mine - whitelisted -survival
BigDiG (v1.2.2) - No nickname yet - blacklisted -survival
Voltz - not yet started - blacklisted
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FTB Mindcrack is the current running version.
ip 78.143.10.59:25565

Feel free to request a game change for a week or so.

Smallprint:
============================================
10 Server rule nr. 1: Griefing is not allowed.
20 Server rule nr. 2: Do not ruin other people's pleasure.
30 Server rule nr. 3: Have fun.
40 Server rule nr. 4: Goto 10.

Run
============================================

Otherwise, do as you wish.

As of now the server is whitelisted for our long running games.
If you do not see yourself in the list and you did ask to be whitelisted it is because I have not got your minecraft ID.
Please reply to the thread and I will fix that ASAP.

Provisional Whitelist:

Code: Select all

cmdkewin
chillcore_
geoghost
haricot38
hufpuf
insulfrog
lobstarooo
sacrohull
smallfly
wanderer28
wiselink
stevenage_91
ollie91299
smyffc
phillipp69
warrior1094
bobi001
kuniesan
windows1203dayz
sirfriedriech
pruplethingz

Guests/ more players are welcome, there is no time limit to apply for joining me/us.
Please PM me your MineCraft ID and reply to this thread if you want to become whitelisted too and come and have a look.

----------------
Original post
----------------

Please add "I do" as first line of your first post in this thread, if you replied yes.
Makes it easier to make a list of peeps to send passwords.

I do.

Hello everybody,

Just a small question.

I am thinking about getting a private and locked minecraft server.
It would be invitation only and password protected.
Just a group of peeps having fun instead of ruining eachothers playing experience.

How and what we do remains to be seen but as far as I am concerned anything would go.

Whether it be building stuff togheter or each having his own little space or both at the same time ... as long as everybody continues having fun.
Mods ... the pack I have here includes 109 patches and is based on 1.4.6 but maybe we could build new one, not too hard these days. ;)

How many of you would be interested?
please answer the poll with yes only, I am not really interested in knowing how much of you would not care to do so.

Also if you reply leave a litle message below with four or five mods you could not live without.

Mine would be:

- Buildcraft.
- Computercraft;
- Redstone 2.
- Whatever mod has the portal guns.
- I would throw in my little hard to kill, fast and agressive choochoo.
- Almost forgot, shame on me, RAILCRAFT :mrgreen:

I have all of the above already but again tis is done against 1.4.6 which I would not mind contuing to use at all.

ps:
Changing your mind is enabled but do leave a message then; so I do not bother sending you the IP and password if this thing goes live.
Last edited by ChillCore on 05 Oct 2013 05:55, edited 53 times in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Geo Ghost

Re: Private minecraft server.

Post by Geo Ghost »

Rather than those separate mods, what about a tekkit server? That would include all of them and more :)
I'd be interested in such though :D

I play tekkit on a friends server but it isn't greatly stable unfortunately. Hugely fun though!
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

I don't like mods much, so I'd prefer a vanilla server. Maybe we can have a modded server and a regular one?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Geo Ghost, maybe a good idea but I do think I would still add some depending on what is already in there, have not yet checked lately. I will have a looksie soon. ;)

Lobster, I am waiting for a reply if or if not I can take over an already running server for cheaps.
Not sure if I could run two servers on there. Ifso sure why not. I like that idea also. ;)

ps:
Bought the game (officially) on friday, still waiting for my activation. ;)
If my friend can not give me the server because there is a co-owner still, I will look at other options elsewhere.
Anyone has an idea where I could get one (orudge maybe if he does that) and how much it would cost me for a year.
One does not simply play MineCraft. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ChillCore on 02 Apr 2013 02:33, edited 2 times in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

I DO!

Try FTB out unlike tekkit it is legal and the mindcrack pack have traincraft in it.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I prefer vanilla too, the only thing I usually run on a server are VoxelSniper, WorldGuard/Edit, a BigBrother like mod and a multiworld mod. I usually play creative :P
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Cool guys me likes where this is going. ;)

APDAF, FTB ... I have not yet tried that one, with my not so legally acquired launcher I never went online as it does not feel right. and when I got that egally legal launcher that has FTB it refused to work.
Anyway I would like to have a dabble in that too, maybe the new YosgTing, they do not even know themselve what to call it, works better, I have no clue.s

XeryusTC never got that sniper voxel thing to work too, I already am happy I could play and update single player untill now.
I usually switch between creative and normal mode.
Currently I have build my house and the things in it in creative mode, however when I go outside I change to normal mode.
We could do that too ... noone is obliged to pull stuff out of the menus ;)

The nr1 thing here is we have fun and maybe perhaps we do something amazing in the end.

Note by no means am I a minecraft expert so I would apreciate your input very much on how to run and set up the server to OUR wishes not just mine. ;)

The only thing I would not deviate from is having it locked and semi-invitation only,
This means no griefing and no whining or we just change password and continue with the rest of us that remain without regret.

ps: I really do hope I will not have to kick myself. :lol:

APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

ChillCore wrote: -SNIP-
I thought as much, here are two videos that might help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxT87zMSFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKyItZEDOI
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I'd love to play on a sensible private server - building things in SSP is fun for a while, but then it's dissapointing to look up at an epic mountaintop base and know that no-one else will ever see it :-(

(Almost)-must-have mods:
RedPower2; for those gigantic automated factories and processing, also logic circuits.
Railcraft; for getting around in a cool manner and designing computerised signalling.
ExtrabiomesXL; for gigantic mountains, crevassed jungles, tall pine-capped peaks...
IndustrialCraft2; for all your macerating, compressing, extracting, heating, electrolyzing, flying, electrocuting or lasering needs!
Steampunk Airships; for getting around in style, and looking at stuff from above. Cooler than jetpacks.

Nice-to-have:
MoCreatures; for atmosphere and variety, especially in the sea. Perhaps with the less-obvious and lag-inducing insects turned off.
Balkon's Weapons; for whacking creepers with battleaxes! Much better than a laser (not).
ComputerCraft; for better control of everything, email, stock management.
Elegant Punt; for boat-trips with friends.
[CraftGuide|NEI]; for when there are too many recipes.

Offputting:
Equivalent Exchange (total dealbreaker); for making ingenious resource collection meaningless. Just transmute some Tungsten! :evil:
Buildcraft (only slightly); for making huge square holes in the landscape with a single block and no thought. Or huge boxes, similarly. Or lagging out a server with the glitchy pipe system.

I'd probably still play on a vanilla server, though :P
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

APDAF, thanks for those links. I'll have alook later.

Sensible server? ... Welcome to the club FLHerne. ;)
building things in SSP is fun for a while, but then it's dissapointing to look up at an epic mountaintop base and know that no-one else will ever see it :-(
yes, I agree.
I just get bored after a while and abandon ... also I am so used to seeing other peeps creations in OpenTTD and it gives me pleasure to see those creations, I miss that all alone in minecraft.

As for the mods you mentioned I have most of those in my current modpack, maybe I should post the content of it to decide what stays and what goes?
Note I did not get the chance yet to test all of it. ;)

Not sure if I already have Steampunk Airships and Elegant Pun though.
Once we start, removing mods is a nogo but adding some is doable as long as we go to a new chunk, that is why I absolutely want them portal guns. ;)

As for your offputting mods,
-Equivalent Exchange (total dealbreaker):
I would use it to get rid of cobblestone and some other resources that are abundant. Nothing more.

-Buildcraft (only slightly);
Those wholes go underground in my games without destroying the lanscape also I do not put down twenty of those, 1 at a time will do for when I do not feel like diggy diggy hole, it is always nice to have reserve for just building.
The pipes too are mostly hidden. Except where not possible.

Three yesses an two maybes, I have no yet voted so that makes 4 or 6.
Enough to proceed and continue looking for that actual server, I am waiting for my friend to answer still, I told him it is not that urgent.
Also the server would be running 24/24 all year for as far as I am concerned. just not at my house. ;)

Anyoyone has an idea what normal prices are, for a serve rrunning two times mincraft, we could chenge back and forth.
On the other hand ... if we use a modded version, could you not restrict yourself to what is vanilla?

Sorry if I missed answering some things, I am pretty tired right now (rough week); my sight is getting glazy and I have trouble reading without forcing myself so that is all for today. (I already edited five times and keep finding ?stupid? spelling errors)

ps:
The server would be running 24/24; non-european players are welcome, speaking your own language would be allowed but the common laguage used will be english.

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

ChillCore wrote:I would use it to get rid of cobblestone and some other resources that are abundant.
You can do that with IC2 Incinerators (somewhat wasteful, but easily obtainable) or Recyclers (much less so for both). Although Recyclers feeding a MassFab have a similar overall effect to EE, it at least needs interesting supporting mechanisms (transfer between them, LOTS AND LOTS of power, the whole chain of machinery needed to make a Recycler and MassFab in the first place), rather than EE's 'this is a magic chest that you make, and it does everything'. It's also easier to automate and has less exploitable features. :wink:

I did run a private modded server for a group of friends for a couple of months, BTW. Various RL commitments and my ageing [hardware] servers have stopped that for the moment though.
Last edited by FLHerne on 01 Apr 2013 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

I could live without EE easily, Buildcraft is essential for for other mods and it blueprints can make building a town easier and I tend to use red power of mining as the frames can be built underground.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I'll take your word for it FLHerne. ;)

I do have a bottmeless chest in my house to put everything to empy my pockets
Also I am slowly building an autosorter, that comes after the autprocessor (furnaces), for everything comming form the quarrry (i'll get some picturess of it).

As for your server you were running ... pricerange? Or did you run it from your home?

Redpower2 is essential as I want microblocks too, just for adding details here and ther ... maybe some furniture too.

ps:
Meh, chatting too much makes you grammatically lazy ...
I begin writing without using capitals, puntuation and using abreviations on autpilot ... I should stop chatting really.

smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

I do.

But I strongly prefer Vanilla MineCraft. I played with many different plugins; But in the end, Vanilla was the most fun and there is no plugin download trouble.

//edit: Regarding the server: I recommend www.nitrado.net. 10 Slots, 365 days => 97,00 EUR. Thus each player should donate 10 EUR.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Thanks for the info smallfly I regards of that price for the server, I now have some idea of what to expect.

However "should" ... everybody could, I was proposing. ;)

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

ChillCore wrote:As for your server you were running ... pricerange? Or did you run it from your home?
The latter, although I had a small-business-standard DSL connection then. I had an old rack server running 24/7 for other reasons, and it had enough spare CPU time (esp. in the evenings) to keep an MC server going as well. Now I no longer have a real need for an always-on server, and I couldn't really justify feeding hundreds of watts into a game server for half-a-dozen people even if I had the time to manage it properly... :(
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

I do. (Man, this sounds so much like some marriage vow...)

It must be my luck to come back to these forums after months of inactivity (I am referring to myself, of course) and find this. Though, I might need someone to help me with familiarising with all those mods above, since I've only really played vanilla. I've heard of these mods before. I'd say this topic doesn't belong here if RailCraft was never suggested as an addon for the server :P

I'm sort of free only for this month, however... entering National Service in May.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

No need for you to put it back on for this FLHerne. ;)

wanderer28 wrote: I do. (Man, this sounds so much like some marriage vow...)
It is ... :mrgreen:
No it is just so I do not have to ask again later.
Anyone is free to reply to this thread, maybe someone has some tips to make our experience better, but does not feel like playing.
Once I get a server I just go back throught he thread and start sending PM to everyone ho has those two words in his post. ;)
You can see it as vow too, you agree to not ruin someone elses fun.
I might need someone to help me with familiarising with all those mods above
Let me add to that that I need to familiarise myself too ... also with most stuff available in vanilla; crafting guide is friend here (and wikis and other players perhaps from time to time).
Nothing to worry abaout, I am not looking for experts only.
I'd say this topic doesn't belong here if RailCraft was never suggested as an addon for the server :P
I's say even without railcraft this topic is right where I want it to be.
tt-forums is the place I call home, and it is my friends that I have here that I want me to join. I have not and will not ask anywhere else for now.
I'm sort of free only for this month, however... entering National Service in May.
Good luck on your missions, get home safe.
The server will hopefully still be there when you return. ;)
I will be getting it for a year in advance each time I renew the contract.

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I'd be interested in a vanilla server. I used to play on the EVE University server but they've since gone all mod crazed... I just can't get along with the mods.
Last known as: Weirdy
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

ChillCore wrote:
I'd say this topic doesn't belong here if RailCraft was never suggested as an addon for the server :P
I's say even without railcraft this topic is right where I want it to be.
tt-forums is the place I call home, and it is my friends that I have here that I want me to join. I have not and will not ask anywhere else for now.
Man, don't get me wrong, I really meant RailCraft was like, the mod to install, since we're in a forum that has a primary focus on transportation simulation games an' all :wink:

Return to “Off-Topic”