The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

Post by Zakos »

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen someone actually play the game. RTGame has done a lot with it, but I think it would be a stretch to say that he actually played it.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I converted one of the tutorialmaps of industry giant 2, which is only 128x128 large in an endless map with a few small towns with the mapeditor. Towngrowth can be encouraged by building shops.
The small map is surprisingly playable as long as you concentrate only on essential goods like for example (preserved) food, packing materials, industries based on wood and a few other things.
A few rawmaterials like oil (...) can be exchanged in a port for ex- and import. Of course, if you like to use railroads, the map could be slightly larger.
If you compare to openttd, openttd has a wider roadgrid (3x3) which looks better and stupid automated roadconstruction can be deactivated. You can build onewayroads, bridges and tunnels and scenario maps are much easier to build.
Attachments
mapeditor.png
mapeditor.png (651.78 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
portcity.jpg
(656.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Just a few more screenshots of IG2.
The mapeditor is only usable for "experienced" users.
I think 160x160 is a good mapsize.
In endless games you can choose a startyear. Early roads and vehicles are painfully slow in my opinion, a good year to start is 1960.
Time acceleration is quite okay in this game (for small maps). Industries produce continously, but stop automatically if storage is full. Storage can be shared by different industries.
Attachments
my own mapcreation 160x160.jpg
my own mapcreation 160x160.jpg (52.79 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
60 years later.jpg
(555.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
port.jpg
(664.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I found this cute little game called Townscaper (it's something like €5 on Steam). It's more like a sandbox medieval city builder. You just click a tile, and a path pops up. You click that path, a house pops up. You click around a lot, you build a town. You can choose colours and placement, and the game sort of figures everything else out. There's no goal, no end game, no unlockables. Just a nice bit of relaxation.

I live in the big green castle.
Attachments
townscaper1.png
(3.91 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “Off-Topic”