New Transport Tycoon.co.uk website

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ildefonse »

Alan? The name is Adam... Anway, I indeed designed it for 1024x768. To make the menu work in higher resses, I can do 2 things. Add another empt frame to the right eand to the bottom filled with just the background, or I can extend the menu image to be like 1600x1200. Tell me what you want.

Ah and the frames... hmmzzmz, the whole concept of the navigation dissapears when you make it frameless! When im reading stuff on your site, and i want to go elsewhere i first have to scroll up all the way. Now with frames, the menu alwas is in view, so you can easil navigate,. Or do I see this wrong?

And the coloured bar, i can make it standard. Was just a little something i tried... ;)

Keep the comments coming,

Adam
I made that! ;)
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Hay

I know what you mean about the navigation. But with no frames there are far less problems. Like if you have a folder with main.htm and index.htm. A search engine will always link to the page with the info. So it will link to main.htm. Then the visiter has no navigation at all. I still think no frames in better.

Hope its ok.

Matt Gillard
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wezz6400
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wezz6400 »

Originally posted by Ildefonse
Alan? The name is Adam...
Oops! Sorry, I typed a bit to fast... :rolleyes:
Anyway, if I view it at 1024x768 it looks like it has been designed for a lower res but maybe that´s because IE6´s nasty habit to resize pictures so they fit in your screen. I can´t check that because I can´t right-click on the pictures, my browser recognises them as .html pages (I don´t know if this should be like that or it´s an error.).
ericz
Engineer
Engineer

Hey Administrator guy

Post by ericz »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I LOVE YOUR SITE IT´S FABULOUS, THE SERVER IS A LITTLE SLOW, BUT ITS´S GREAT. IS THIS THE OFFICIAL TRANSPORT TYCOON SITE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ?
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

No Matt..

Post by Ildefonse »

I´m sorry Matt but thats not true. Thats why you have META tags so the searchengines can be directed. You can exclude ie. the main.htm. I think this should not be a problem.
I made that! ;)
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Well OK mate if you think you can sort it out!

Hows the site coming a long?

Matt Gillard
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Off-Topic”