what language is this ?? (lyrics)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

what language is this ?? (lyrics)

Post by Daan Timmer »

Klamydia - Tango Delirium ->
Seuraavana laulu ja soitin yhtye, Klamydia esitt
Vesa Jokisen johdolla suomalaisen tangon, delirium.

Kasvot ovat valkoiset ja silmt punaiset,
huulet ovat siniset ja hampaat keltaiset.
Silmien alla on mustaa ja housuissa ruskeaa,
vaan kokonaiskuva se harmaa on.

Kapteeni kalvakka peilist mua tuijottaa,
jnkylm hike ohimoiltaan pursuaa,
ja seint kaatuu plle, m niiden alle jn.
Yksin tnne neljn sienn sisn.

Jkaapissa valo vaan
homeinen juusto seuranaan.
Ne moikkaa mua, terve vaan, kiva kun psit katsomaan.
M pelkn, ett m kuolen tai etten kuolekkaan.
En unta saa, en nukkua uskaltaisikaan.
Mun pssni hakkaa tango, delirium.
Jkaapiss kylm kalkkuna kylm kalkkuna kylm kalkkuna.

Listojen on t y.
Se miest sy. Se miest sy.
Ne elvlt nakertaa nin pient juhliaa.
Ja seint kaatuu plle, m niiden alle jn.
Yksin tnne neljn seinn sisn.

Jkaapissa valo vaan
homeinen juusto seuranaan.
Ne moikkaa mua, terve vaan, kiva kun psit katsomaan.
Mun pssni hakkaa tango, delirium.
Jkaapiss kylm kalkkuna kylm kalkkuna kylm kalkkuna.

Mun pss hakkaa tango, delirium.
Jkaapiss kylm kalkkuna kylm kalkkuna kylm kalkkuna...
more Klamydia Lyrics
its all a bunch of jeberish talk to me :roll:

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

It looks like Finnish to me.
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

Yep I believe its definately scandinavian, finnish is possible.
Never fear, I is here...
Zerax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zerax »

it's finnish.
<< It's realy me >>
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Observer wrote:Yep I believe its definately scandinavian, finnish is possible.
Finnish and the other scandinavian languages are totally different. So I'm not sure if I see the logic behind "It definately looks scandinavian" :roll:

But indeed it's clearly finnish.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

it is Finnish.
Some of the letters like Ä and Ö are missing.
I can translate it to English as best as i can if you want..
troopper5
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by troopper5 »

Oh yea, finnish it is... But I'll leave translating to Akalamanaia if he wants to do it .:)
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

GoneWacko wrote:
Finnish and the other scandinavian languages are totally different. So I'm not sure if I see the logic behind "It definately looks scandinavian" :roll:

Well Im often in 'scandinavian DC hubs' and what they speak over there looks a lot like that.. so I figured.
Never fear, I is here...
GurraJG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GurraJG »

Observer wrote:
GoneWacko wrote:

Well Im often in 'scandinavian DC hubs' and what they speak over there looks a lot like that.. so I figured.
Finnish and the other Scandinavian languages have basically nothing in common. Finnish has a lot of connections to Hungarian, while the other Scandinavian languages have more in common with English, German and Dutch.
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

GurraJG wrote:Finnish and the other Scandinavian languages have basically nothing in common. Finnish has a lot of connections to Hungarian, while the other Scandinavian languages have more in common with English, German and Dutch.
Welll....I doubt that Finnish has "a lot of connections" to Hungarian either...One speaking Hungarian cannot understand a single word from Finnish and vice versa.
They are similar in a sense, just as English is similar to Hindi, in regards that they belong to the same group of languages. Anyway, the text is Finnish. Not because I can understand it, or because I speak Finnish, but I know that it is. :P

BTW: it says it in the second line :D (suomalaisen)
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Endre wrote:They are similar in a sense, just as English is similar to Hindi, in regards that they belong to the same group of languages.
No, they do actually have a common derivation which is a lot closer than just being Indo-European languages, they and they alone form the Finno-Ungar (?) family. Of course, English and Hindi have had two convergences, the first in the days of classical Sanskrit ("sacred script"), the second in the days of the Raj (where Hindi inherited words like "turist afis").

Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are, from a linguistic point of view, more-or-less the same thing. You have variation in spelling, usage, accent, etc. but nothing more than the range of dialect English you'd hear in different parts of the UK. I've seen speakers of the three languages have understandable conversations with each other (each insisting the language they're speaking is their own), without any kind of problems at all. I'm reliably informed that once you've learnt one, you can easily communicate with speakers of the others.
GurraJG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GurraJG »

ChrisCF wrote:I'm reliably informed that once you've learnt one, you can easily communicate with speakers of the others.
Yes, more or less. I find it a bit hard to understand Danish and Norwegian, but if I consentrate enough, it works out fine.
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Yes, like GurraGJ says, we can understand each other fairly well if we really consentrate. I think Norwegian is easier to understand than danish though, but I think you understand Danish better if you live in the very southern part of Sweden where the dialect sounds more like Danish.
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

ChrisCF wrote:
Endre wrote:They are similar in a sense, just as English is similar to Hindi, in regards that they belong to the same group of languages.
No, they do actually have a common derivation which is a lot closer than just being Indo-European languages, they and they alone form the Finno-Ungar (?) family. Of course, English and Hindi have had two convergences, the first in the days of classical Sanskrit ("sacred script"), the second in the days of the Raj (where Hindi inherited words like "turist afis").
Finno-ugrit - of which Finnish, Hungarian and Estonian are members.
Estonian and Finnish are closer to each other than Hungarian is to either of the others, but Hungarian speakers can still understand a few words.
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

@ ChrisCF & DominionSpy
No, they do actually have a common derivation which is a lot closer than just being Indo-European languages, they and they alone form the Finno-Ungar (?) family.
Finno-ugrit - of which Finnish, Hungarian and Estonian are members. Estonian and Finnish are closer to each other than Hungarian is to either of the others, but Hungarian speakers can still understand a few words.
Well, it's called Uralian group. It is formed by the Finno-Ugrian languages and the Samoyed languages. The former is then separated into 2 larger groups, the Finno-Permian and the Ugrian. The latter only has a north-south divide, the northern languages being nyenyetz, enyetz and ngasan, the southern being sölkup, which has 5 dialects.

The Finno-Permian group is then further divided to Finno-Volgan and Permian languages, the latter has 2 members: Udmurt (Votyak) and Komi (Züryen). Finno-Volgan is further divided to Balto-Finnish, Mari (Cheremis) and to Volgan languages. Balto-Finnish contains Finnish, Estonian, Karelian, Vepse, Inkerian, Vot and Liv.
Mari/Cheremis stands alone now, since its relates dissappeared.
Volgan has 3 languages: Mordvin, Merya and Muroma.
Lapp/Sami is a Finno-Ugrian language, although they originally had a different language, but they changed (switched) in the olden times.

And I have left Ugrian languages to the end: it is divided into 2 parts: Ob-Ugrian (Hanti/Ostyak and Manyshi/Vogul), and Hungarian. These are our closest relate languages. Yet, we don't understand a single word of their speech. Then how could you possibly suppose that we'd understand anything from Finnish???????!!!!
They are lightyears away from Hungarian. Just to give you one example: house is "ház" in Hungarian, but as far as I know it is "kota" in Finnish...The basic words have undergone profound changes as you can see, that we're further away from them than English is from Dutch or German or Swedish for that matter. (BTW, the change is: k=>h and t=>z)

And since I am Hungarian please allow me to decide whether we can understand Finnish or not! Thank you.
Session ended, class dismissed.
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
troopper5
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by troopper5 »

Endre wrote:Just to give you one example: house is "ház" in Hungarian, but as far as I know it is "kota" in Finnish...
Well, almost.. Home is "koti" in finnish... :P
GurraJG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GurraJG »

Well, at least we all agreed that Finnish is not related to other Scandinavian languages...

Return to “Off-Topic”