The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by rbos86 »

I love Transport Fever 2!

I recently bought the game.
No problems running the game. Good graphics card and i5 computer does the trick in a proper way.
I had to learn that it's needed to build up industry.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

my last commission from @viiijohannes!

dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

What are the chances of seeing someone you haven't seen for 10 years in the space of 10 minutes?
Answer: next to impossible.
But somehow it happened :shock:

In other news, public transport sucks, at least when it comes to be catching the bus :D
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Britain appears to be entering a period where fuel (or gas to some) for vehicles Is becoming rationed, some lesser-used fuel stations not receiving fuel often enough to keep it fully loaded, so some may close. I'm 90% sure this will lead to panic buying fuel, and causing it to be even worse.
Sure damn wish I had refueled my car with more than just £15 worth last time i did so, going to be fun paying the silly prices for it now!

Oh also, my brain enjoys every time i am driving on a roundabout, going "be right funny if i made him need to sneeze now, right?", aaah hate it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

How silly prices? They've been climbing a lot here too, but no spike. We're at about 16:75 kronor per litre, which is roughly £1.40, for E10 fuel.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Chrill wrote: 24 Sep 2021 10:57 How silly prices? They've been climbing a lot here too, but no spike. We're at about 16:75 kronor per litre, which is roughly £1.40, for E10 fuel.
Wonderful thing isn't it, the cost of living?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

dol422 wrote: 24 Sep 2021 11:33
Chrill wrote: 24 Sep 2021 10:57 How silly prices? They've been climbing a lot here too, but no spike. We're at about 16:75 kronor per litre, which is roughly £1.40, for E10 fuel.
Wonderful thing isn't it, the cost of living?
I wish I paid a lot more for fuel. It is ridiculously cheap when cars can get 20 kilometres on one litre, and our wages are higher than ever in history too.

Cars should be used to subsidise public transport to a much greater extent. We have congestion charges that cost roughly the same as a one-way bus trip. What's up with that? I drive my car to work, because there is no incentive to go by train.
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

It's about the same here at present, although the panic buying has begun. Unfortunately, my car has only like 60 miles in the tank according to the cars own 'distance to empty' reading. So, probably not going to drive for a while and just use my free bus pass.
Chrill wrote: 24 Sep 2021 11:46 I drive my car to work, because there is no incentive to go by train.
I have a free bus pass, and 33% off rail fares due to a long term illness, Multiple Sclerosis. However, even then using such is just stupidly inconvenient compared to driving places.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

Shalka Doctor commission from Lophial!

Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote: 24 Sep 2021 15:35
It's about the same here at present, although the panic buying has begun. Unfortunately, my car has only like 60 miles in the tank according to the cars own 'distance to empty' reading. So, probably not going to drive for a while and just use my free bus pass.
Ah, so am I to understand the shortage isn't fuel per se, but the lorry drivers who drive those big tankers to the petrol stations? Well, being part of a big union with free travel and free cross-border work could help. Maybe look into that?
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 28 Sep 2021 07:35
Redirect Left wrote: 24 Sep 2021 15:35
Ah, so am I to understand the shortage isn't fuel per se, but the lorry drivers who drive those big tankers to the petrol stations?
Yes, we just don't have enough HGV drivers at present, previously it was mostly affecting things like food delivery but it seems to have now spread to other things including fuel. The UK seems to be mulling over bringing in the Army to help deliver things until the driver issue is resolved.
Chrill wrote: 28 Sep 2021 07:35 Well, being part of a big union with free travel and free cross-border work could help. Maybe look into that?
Imagine that? What a wild world that'd be! But seriously if I found a way of living in Europe at this point i'd totally jump this currently sinking ship.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Redirect Left wrote: 28 Sep 2021 11:55
Chrill wrote: 28 Sep 2021 07:35
Redirect Left wrote: 24 Sep 2021 15:35 It's about the same here at present, although the panic buying has begun. Unfortunately, my car has only like 60 miles in the tank according to the cars own 'distance to empty' reading. So, probably not going to drive for a while and just use my free bus pass.
Ah, so am I to understand the shortage isn't fuel per se, but the lorry drivers who drive those big tankers to the petrol stations?
Yes, we just don't have enough HGV drivers at present, previously it was mostly affecting things like food delivery but it seems to have now spread to other things including fuel. The UK seems to be mulling over bringing in the Army to help deliver things until the driver issue is resolved.
Chrill wrote: 28 Sep 2021 07:35 Well, being part of a big union with free travel and free cross-border work could help. Maybe look into that?
Imagine that? What a wild world that'd be! But seriously if I found a way of living in Europe at this point i'd totally jump this currently sinking ship.
I voted out and even I'm ashamed of the fustercluck the Conservatives have made of this whole debacle. I still maintain that the UKs leaving the EU didn't need to be the disaster it's turned out to be. If it were for those dastardly conservatives...
Last known as: Weirdy
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

My Patreon reward from Will Quinn:

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

SkeedR wrote: 28 Sep 2021 17:51 I voted out and even I'm ashamed of the fustercluck the Conservatives have made of this whole debacle. I still maintain that the UKs leaving the EU didn't need to be the disaster it's turned out to be. If it were for those dastardly conservatives...
My main issue is with the people who voted without actually reading the very long documents available about it all, most of what has happened was suggested as outcomes in the paperwork associated with it all. But people just went "yay good bye Europe" and read like nothing lol, and then quelle surprise when some of it occurred.

Unfortunately it is what it is, and we just have to make the best of it, or we can just start knife fights at fuel stations. Good, its all great! :mrgreen:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

So UK is going to open up 5000 visas for truck drivers to come work? Hopefully those drivers realize just how valuable they are and will make UK gov pay through the nose for the privilege. Part of the reason for this crisis, from what I understand, is poor wages and working conditions for lorry drivers.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Brexit has quite clearly communicated to workers from the EU that they are not welcome in Britain and a lot of people had to rearrange their entire lives.

I doubt many people will follow Boris' invitation and re-rearrange their entire lives because the UK has now realized that actually they NEED immigrants to do s***, poorly paid jobs like driving lorries.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Taschi wrote: 29 Sep 2021 08:50 I doubt many people will follow Boris' invitation and re-rearrange their entire lives because the UK has now realized that actually they NEED immigrants to do s***, poorly paid jobs like driving lorries.
It does seem to be fairly prevalent that HGV drivers are going "noooo" to offers. It's suddenly gone from "oh no, they're coming and taking our jobs!" to "oh no, they're not coming and taking our jobs!" and its all a bit of a mess.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Redirect Left wrote: 29 Sep 2021 15:26It does seem to be fairly prevalent that HGV drivers are going "noooo" to offers. It's suddenly gone from "oh no, they're coming and taking our jobs!" to "oh no, they're not coming and taking our jobs!" and its all a bit of a mess.
Didn't want it, but now I want it because I don't have it. :D
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

dol422 wrote: 29 Sep 2021 17:08
Redirect Left wrote: 29 Sep 2021 15:26It does seem to be fairly prevalent that HGV drivers are going "noooo" to offers. It's suddenly gone from "oh no, they're coming and taking our jobs!" to "oh no, they're not coming and taking our jobs!" and its all a bit of a mess.
Didn't want it, but now I want it because I don't have it. :D
Eh, it is what is. In my area it isn't too bad, West Yorkshire, northern England. We have a few that are out of diesel, but most petrol stations still have regular unleaded E10 & E5, if not both then at least one of them, and you can mix them its fine if your car currently has the other type. Just did a £15 fill now, as that is all I needed and will probably last like 4 week for me anyway!
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

@Alaingruetter did this commission based on the 1973 animated film Fantastic Planet:

Return to “Off-Topic”