Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:41 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Freeorion. It's far from finished, but already fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:07 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown because i love the action and fond of Military aviation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:08 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Finally after 62 hours beat this.

Attachments:
unknown.png [1006.97 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

"On the other hand, I have different fingers" -- The rascal formerly known as astath, loathing you and more specifically your religion. Anti-theist, be like it. -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club -- Good times.

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:04 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Just started this weekend with Transport Fever that I bought weeks ago on Steam, during a sale.

First I played long time only to go bankrupt in the year 1930. I started 1850. It was a slow death...

The game fulfulls my need for a modern transportation game. I like it.
But Transort Tycoon Deluxe is a game I'll never forget, it is love!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:06 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Still ETS 2 most of the time, but since this game can be quite consuming I play "Picross Fairytale - nonogram: Red Riding Hood secret" if I have little spare time.

I also play Railway Empire a bit. It can easily pass as RRT5 (Sid Meier's Railroads is RRT4) IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:06 am 

I've returned to Cities: Skylines but also to GTA San Andreas (or specifically SA:MP). Lovely stuff.

Archipiélago Hermoso
(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

So I was born in the perfect generation to be immersed in Pokemon but I always hated it. I tried it last summer and it's apparently very fun? It's not just some overblown cash cow with a mediocre anime (even though it is) if you play the old games, probably up to Gen 4. Got into it after watching Werster speedrun it. I'm not linking to his videos because they're definitely NOT family friendly.

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:58 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Transport Fever.......a modern and up to date transport game. It's excellent once you get the hang of it. Still love Locomotion though.

"Don't badger the Badger"....(Retired Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:44 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Recently discovered Space Station 13

It's a multiplayer game where every round is an episode of Dexter's Laboratory (or rather, a Dexter's Lab creepypasta). The range of scientific (and every other type of) mayhem possible is absolutely astonishing. One round botany unleashes fast growing carnivorous vines upon the entire station, another round everybody contracts a virus that turns them into clowns, the next round the geneticist gives himself the superpowers of all The Avengers at once and accidentally obliterates everything. One time the chaplain teamed up with security and R&D to become the Techno Templar, a mech-riding holy water-spewing cultist vanquisher.

Before the round decays into any of the above though, it's a pretty chill roleplaying game with a vast array of mechanics with astonishing depth. The station is divided into various departments such as engineering, research, cargo or medical, each plays quite differently, but they all benefit from each other's work. You are assigned a role in one of them, and you do your best until someone does so well it destroys the station. If that's not enough, some people are assigned as antagonists whose goal is to intentionally destroy the station, however they rarely succeed.

Broadly speaking, the game can be thought of as an engine for memorable stories, similar to games like Dwarf Fortress, but SS13 has the added benefit of having at least some graphics, and, more importantly, copious human interaction. In other words, it is very much the perfect vehicle for internet magic.

Picture a jukebox, stolen from the bar, now installed in a hallway. It is hooked up to a radio transmitter, which is wirelessly transmitting music from the jukebox into every speaker on the station for everyone to enjoy. It is also emitting vast quantities of harmful gamma rays, and is surrounded by dead, irradiated bodies, human and alien alike, including one of an engineer who thought it was a good idea to turn on the radio transmitter without building a proper radiation shield around it first. There's vomit all over the floor, the fire alarm is blaring, and the hallway is filled with the oscillating red glow of emergency lights. This is the music from the jukebox that's currently playing out of every speaker station-wide at top volume:

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:39 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Empire Earth. The original. And I had to do it the hard way, too, because it doesn't virtualize well at all. Enter AMD Kabini and AM1 socket. That and a little nLite action and I'm hooked again.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31