[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Dave

Post by Dave »

I suggest you update to 2.5b9, but of course - it's entirely up to you.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JohalaReewi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JohalaReewi »

Thanks for the help guys. Both the english XML for 2.01 and 'upgrading' to 2.5 beta 9 worked.
knell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by knell »

the official site of Configurator has been closed. Can anyone post this useful programm here? I can not find this in inet :(
knell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by knell »

oh yeahh... I have found it :) and components!!!

if amyone will need it i can post these files here
Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gondrong »

I need the latest, can you give me a link?
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

There was a problem with the domain holder, but it's been solved already and the site should be back tomorrow.

I'm attaching latest version here anyway. A new version might come out soon to update several translations.
Attachments
ttdxc_287_setup.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 386 times
knell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by knell »

thanks a lot! and one question.
In WinVista the ttdxc don't show his window. Process "ttdxc.exe" is present in process list, but i can't to show it window. Same trouble with ttdxc_pro. Is it possible to resolve this trouble myself? Or it need to rebuild the code?

P.S. And the components for ttdxc :)
Attachments
ttdxc_components_setup.zip
Cmoponents for TTDXC
(753.53 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

You don't need the old components package because they are included in the new setup executable.

And I have barely tested the program on Vista months ago, I didn't have such problem you mention. Try to use some sort of compatibility mode because I have no other solution for now.
knell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by knell »

There is a processes on screenshot. But there is no window of ttdxc. But it's not important. Vista - is BIG HOLE and the worst s*** what I saw. :(
I have installed XP SP2 back and have been saved from many troubles besides TTD :)

P.S. And one more - VISTA is s***
Attachments
ttdxc.jpg
ttdxc.jpg (249.15 KiB) Viewed 26268 times
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

After finding a dozen error reports on my mailbox this week, I noticed there was something wrong with TTDXC and latest Nighlty versions. It was an overflow problem with the new range of the miscmods switch, and it's been fixed already in version 2.8.8.

Aditionally the msxml.dll was added to installer because MS does not ship it with Vista, despite that OS is a piece of junk I know it's starting to be used by lots of ppl who like the fancy colors and windows regardless of the absurd resources usage. :?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

This is your notice that I intend to add a thirty-third miscmods bit to the nightlies in the near future. I will commit no sooner than 04:00 GMT, 25 Jun 2007 (~1 week), unless you and AndersI both inform me that an earlier commit is acceptable.

The important detail for you is that, if you're storing the miscmods setting in a 32-bit integer, this will no longer work.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Actually, false alarm. miscmods currently only has 31 bits, so I'll take the unused bit (#26) instead.

However, if you want a version that uses bit 32, let me know. I'll keep the changes on hand, but I don't see any point in committing them prematurely.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

DaleStan wrote:The important detail for you is that, if you're storing the miscmods setting in a 32-bit integer, this will no longer work.
TTDPC in it's current incarnation will not work if you extend over 32-bit integers. As summer vacation is about to start, I'm certainly not certain *when* I'll get the time to do any changes to it. My suggestion would be a miscmods2 instead of extending into 32+ bit land. With a correctly updated XML file, the current TTDPC should handle that without problems.

(I see from your other post that the decision point has moved forward - didn't we have a discussion about this a while ago in another thread? What was the consensus then? (Too lazy to search right now))
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

My impression is that Patchman doesn't much care for <foo>2, in any of its incarnations. But, as it happened, miscmods only had 31 bits, so I just grabbed the unused one; the decision on 64-bit miscmods vs miscmods2 doesn't have to be made just yet.

What I remember from (*poke*prod*search*) the discussion is that TTDPC won't handle 64-bit values properly.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Bit 31 is already causing an overflow problem in TTDXC, I received that report a few days ago. It currently handles values up to 2.147.483.647 and bit 31 requires a higher value. Next version will support values up to 922.337.203.685.477, I think it that'd more than enough. :wink:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I'm pretty sure you're missing about four digits in that number. Did you mean 9.223.372.036.854.775.807, maybe?
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Why don't you guys write 2^31 / 2^63 instead? And why don't you use the negative numbers to double the range to 2^32 and 2^64, respectively?
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Surely a uint32 would be an easier solution? (unsigned word?).
That should give you access to bit 31 (2,147,483,648). :)

(Although I guess that depends on the programming language you are using?)

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDX Configurator news topic]

Post by Andrex »

I'm refloating this topic just to inform that [after some years of being busy with other stuff] a new TTDX Configurator version is out, with many bug fixes that unfortunately could not be implemented earlier.

Download latest TTDX Configurator

This is probably one of the final versions, since the TTDPatch development apparently has come to an end, but there are still many users playing it, as I see in the TTDXC updates log panel.

Any comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome.
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [TTDX Configurator news topic]

Post by luk3Z »

@Andrex
Great and very handy stuff you made.
Thank you.
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override

Return to “General TTDPatch”