[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Escape does not mean quit, has never meant quit, should never mean quit. It's bad programming to use the escape key as a "quit" button. That's what alt-F4 is for.
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Simulating user input isn't a very roboust solution, regardless of what you simulate. TTDPatch already has a -!w debug switch to suppress "press any key" messages. I don't know what exactly the version detection needs, but you can use -!w- to continue after any warnings, or -!w+ to quit when the first warning is encountered.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Esc is only sent to very old TTDP versions, and remember TTDXC requires 2.0 or later. Anyway, I didn't know such -!w+ param was supported in old versions, so I'll use it in next version.

Regarding the GRF updater, it propmpts to download new graphics only when a new TTDPatch version with new graphics is installed for the first time. Then it assumes the GRFs are already installed, it wont prompt to download sames files again and again when reinstalling any TTDP version.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, but, if you are jumping up several versions, it doesn't prompt you to do the necessary upgrades, and if you do it manually, there's no indication that it was successful (e.g. by a checkmark next to it, to show that you are already up to snuff.)
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Csaboka wrote:Simulating user input isn't a very roboust solution, regardless of what you simulate. TTDPatch already has a -!w debug switch to suppress "press any key" messages. I don't know what exactly the version detection needs, but you can use -!w- to continue after any warnings, or -!w+ to quit when the first warning is encountered.
Too bad that switch doesn't work on versions 1.9.x... now I remember I tried that before without success. :? Actually no command line switch worked on most 1.9 versions.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I know it's OT, but is it any chance for new NFO editor version?
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Not from me at least.

I provided the entire NFO Editor source code to orudge (over 2 years ago), because he wanted to integrate it to his GRF editor program, but I never knew what happened with that project, so ask Owen about that.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I did do some work on it, however, my GRF Editor itself was abandoned. I'm not sure if I did any work of significance on NFO Editor, I may poke through it sometime if somebody reminds me in the future.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Here's a screenshot from version 2.8.5, now with all alpha/beta switches joined with the rest of the switches, in categories retrieved from the XML file when possible. The additional switches tab is gone.

TTDXC no longer provides switch info at all, therefore an XML from version 2.0 rev 1 will be downloaded for TTDP versions with no XML support. All switches up to 2.5 beta 8 are now shown with proper names, but I need some translations before releasing this version.
Attachments
Misc category tab
Misc category tab
ttdxc285.gif (40.85 KiB) Viewed 19044 times
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

The selectgoods switch now allows only values from 2 upwards, and not just "selectgoods", as it did before. That's quite a pity, I feel. (See details at http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... &pagenum=1.)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

But setting it to "2" is the same as setting it to "on" in 2.0. And setting it to "on" now is almost the same, except better.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Ah. Then there's something I don't understand. I had it set to 2 in the savegame I posted elsewhere, and then I had unsollicited cargo coming up at my stations. Did I do something wrong, then? Because it wasn't like that before - nothing would turn up at a station if no train had passed by.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

This should really be split off from this topic here, but in the .cfg you posted earlier, the switch was set to "off", not "2".
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Sorry, you're quite right. Then all I have to report is that it's fixed. Thanks for your help!
boneyman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by boneyman »

Where can i download that file?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Andrex, i believe i may be having a slight hitch with your program, please check this thread for info, specifically Csaboka's post :)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

hmm, the configurator just updated itself from 2.8.0 to... 2.8.0. or so i think. anyhoo.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Mind did too, said it was 2.8.0 to 2.8.5, but it still says 2.8.0 on the top? :?
Last edited by Redirect Left on 19 Sep 2006 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

yes, indeed. although odd, i'm still patiently awaiting 2.8.5 anyway, so no big deal.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “General TTDPatch”