[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Well there's no topic but he's been talking about it on IRC :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

With the Setup Wizard discarded, here are the changes made in version 2.7.1:
  • fixed runtime error when setting bitswitches without TTDPatch in CFG's directory
  • TTDPatch version ID is now ignored when checking for updates
  • added switches forceautorenew, trams, tgrpassinweight, enhancetunnels
  • corrected incorrect value display when activating stretchwindow switch
  • modified some sliders and switches captions
  • message prompting to save changes will appear after modifying alpha/beta swithes
Happy Holidays to everyone. :D
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Is pathbasedsignalling still a checkbox switch? Because it should be set up as a bitswitch!
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Flamelord wrote:Is pathbasedsignalling still a checkbox switch? Because it should be set up as a bitswitch!
Yes yes.... since 2.7.0, TTDXC manages all alpha/beta switches by itself dynamically according to the info provided by the TTDPatch version present. If you restore to an earlier alpha version, it will become a boolean switch again.
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Cool, thanks. I updated and I like TTDXC much better now. :D
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

TTDX Configurator version 2.7.2 released, changes made:
  • Fixed issue not showing the first GRF for TTDP versions with multiple files
  • The GRF Updater no longer shows the same TTDP version repeatedly
  • The new graphics file name now can be changed at the Options dialog
  • Fixed absence of right-click menu on most alpha/beta switches
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Now that I'm back and things are kinda back to normal:

(ttdpatchw -!T- -W ttdpatch.cfg was run immediately before posting this list, and config editing was not required to produce any bug except #5)
  1. Setting either "newsounds.highfrequency on" or "newsounds.highfrequency off" results in "newsounds=off".
  2. All bits in miscmods after bit 18 (the reserved bit) are moved up one slot when loading from named bits.
  3. pathbasedsignalling.autoconvertpresig, pathbasedsignalling.manualpbssig, and pathbasedsignalling.allowunsafejunction were toggled when loaded from the attached config.
  4. signals_us_w.grf is still being misparsed: Two line breaks appear in the name field, instead of one, the second/third line is not bolded, and there's a square box at the end that does not belong.
  5. The $SWITCH #0110111 format for bit switches becomes $SWITCH 0
  6. The save prompt does not appear after changing either the mountains or curves switches.
  7. When lines in any of the following three forms:
    newgrf/USSetw.grf !
    newgrf/paper.grf 1
    #newgrf/tempsetpw.grf
    appear in newgrf[w].cfg, TTDXC erroneously adds a "#DISABLED#newgrf/FILENAME.GRF" line.
  8. TTDXC does not respect the original filename capitalization in newgrf[w].cfg
3) If I change newsounds to "newsounds.highfrequency off", pathbasedsignalling is loaded correctly. With "newsounds.highfrequency on", however, that "on" is apparently used for autoconvertpresig (bit 0), and all other bits are shifted down one (so "autoconvertpresig on" (bit 0 set) becomes "manualpbssig on" (bit 1 set), &c.)

8) If I'd wanted "DBSETXLW.GRF", I would have typed that. I typed "DBSetXLw.grf" because that's easier to read, not because I'm too lazy to find the Caps-lock key.

Change requests:
  1. Slider caption for gamespeed: The speeds are 1/8x, 1/4x, 1/2x, 1x, 2x, 4x, Max.
  2. Slider caption for morevehicles does not match toolbar tip for morevehicles. ("5100 vehicles" vs "Increases the total number of vehicles to value*850")
  3. Slider captions for lost*: I'd still prefer to see "Warn after" or "After", not "every".
  4. Please use Windows' settings for date display in the NewGRF pane.
  5. The alpha/beta switches all go by their name (newsounds, pathbasedsignalling, &c.), while the switches on all the other panes have names like "Larger station spread", "Office towers accept food", &c.
d) For me, you're showing day/month/year, but Windows is set to show month/day/year. The time display is now correct; thanks.

The latest version of this post can always be found at http://dtbl.no-ip.org. (dtbl for DaleStan's TTDXC Bug List)
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg.zip
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

One more to add to the list:
9) Bitswitches with all bits off (as seen in the attached config) are parsed as if the switch itself is off. ("<bitswitch> 0" is parsed correctly, though.)

In an effort to reduce the number of times I have to report config reading bugs, I'm also attaching the batch file I use for testing TTDXC's config reading.
Put it in your TTD folder and run it. When TTDXC starts, click "Save" and then "Exit". A text file will pop up containing config lines prefixed with either a '+' or a '-'. The lines prefixed with a '-' are the ones that appeared in the canon format of the original config; the lines prefixed with a '+' are what they got turned into.
This batch file requires that Cygwin be installed in the /cygwin directory of the same drive; change the path in line 8 if cygwin is located someplace else.
Attachments
test.bat
(437 Bytes) Downloaded 216 times
ttdpatch.cfg.zip
(9.67 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

As TTDXC began to uses switches.xml, I am experiencing following error:
After downloading a new patch alpha version via TTDXC, all alpha/beta settings are turned off including the main switch. The TTDXC tells me, that it can not find switches.xml (while it is still where it was before).

Then I have to set all alpha switches manually again whitch i squite irritating.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

When it removes the alpha/beta switches, I press Open and load an (old) *.cfg file. That's the quickest way to restore settings, isn't it?
RailJade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailJade »

Prebral wrote:As TTDXC began to uses switches.xml, I am experiencing following error:
After downloading a new patch alpha version via TTDXC, all alpha/beta settings are turned off including the main switch. The TTDXC tells me, that it can not find switches.xml (while it is still where it was before).

Then I have to set all alpha switches manually again whitch i squite irritating.
Thats the same problem I am experiancing. I even checked the author's webpage for it and its not even there.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here's another small bug. TTDXC includes the aiboost switch in beta versions. That switch is depracated, and if you use it, even set "off" which should have no effect, you get a complaint from the Patch telling you to get rid of it.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

The same thing happens with the "moreindustriesperclimate" switch which is also obsolete.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here is a new message which can go in the TTDXC news ticker:

Japanese Set public release available! Includes trains, buildings, and scenery.

http://www.as-st.com/ttd/japan/
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

After a week of work (and 6 months of working on other stuff), I can say that next TTDXC version is close to be released with a very long list of improvements.

Here's a screenshot of the Live Update tab redesigned today, already capable of installing any of the 3 TTDPatch flavors, with proper warnings for users. Version Restore cannot restore nightly releases yet, but it will tomorrow surely. If someone has suggestions, now's the moment to post... :wink:

Also, since all switches not provided by TTDXC are now added to the a/b section automatically (this section is entirely retrieved from the XML now), the Additional Commands tab might be removed very soon, unless someone has a very good reason for it to stay there, which I doubt.
Attachments
Live Update tab knows best
Live Update tab knows best
ttdxc280.gif (33.68 KiB) Viewed 5420 times
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

cant wait :D
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

brilliance! i've been looking forward to this. great work as usual, Andrex. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Yay! cant Wait :D
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fair play... Not that I'll use it, but... Looks good.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Looking forward too, I'm too lazy to manually edit configs. :P
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!

Return to “General TTDPatch”