2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Beaver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beaver »

Patchman wrote:That's very odd. The switch data in the crash log indicates very clearly that irregular stations was off. Please attach your ttdpatch.cfg and the savegame here, as well as your newgrfw.cfg.
Maybe I attached wrong crash log, I'll reproduce the bug and submit all the data, please wait a moment :wink:

EDIT: There it is... enjoy it.
Attachments
savegame.zip
Savegame
(151.59 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
newgrfw.cfg
New Gr. Config
(234 Bytes) Downloaded 97 times
ttdpatch.cfg
TTDPatch Config
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Beaver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beaver »

And the crash log again... it should be correct.
Attachments
Crash001.txt
Crash Log
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Oh cool. You're right. In both cases, it was actually on but I was looking at the wrong thing. The reason for that is that the bit of the patch that is crashing is enabled on by a lot of switches, all of which you have "off". But it should be enabled by irregular stations too, which wasn't in the list so I didn't look for it.

Anyway, until a69 comes out, turn on one of the following: abandonedroads,newstations,newhouses,pathbasedsignalling,newindustries. That should fix the crash. In a69, just turning on irregular stations will suffice.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Kaesar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kaesar »

Hello all,

I haven't been on this site in a long while (close to a couple of years), and I haven't played ttdx/ttdpatch in that stretch as well. I've read the 2.0.1 alpha progress thread, but can someone give a summary of what has been added since 2.0? Because it seems like a lot has changed since then. Also, when do you guys figure you will stop adding features and release an "official" 3.0 patch?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Two of the most important features that have been added since then are Path Based Siganaling and Trams. To answere your second question a69 will be the last alpha and then we will be going to beta stage to get rid of all the bugs.
Kaesar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kaesar »

One more, is the wiki pretty much updated for the alpha patches?
Beaver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beaver »

Patchman wrote:Oh cool. You're right. In both cases, it was actually on but I was looking at the wrong thing. The reason for that is that the bit of the patch that is crashing is enabled on by a lot of switches, all of which you have "off". But it should be enabled by irregular stations too, which wasn't in the list so I didn't look for it.

Anyway, until a69 comes out, turn on one of the following: abandonedroads,newstations,newhouses,pathbasedsignalling,newindustries. That should fix the crash. In a69, just turning on irregular stations will suffice.
In a69 it's crashing too (with "irregular stations on" only). After I switched newstations and newhouses on it works fine, thnx.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Yes the wiki is updated every time a new switch comes out there are one or two switches without a wiki page though. One is newhouses. Ive had a dos a 68 crash and my crash log is empty I shall post my cfgs.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(33.01 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
newgrf.cfg
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Using TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 69 pre 1, I have missing PLN and HUF currencies. Redefining them in ttdpttxt.txt and rebuilding ttdpttxt.dat doesn't fix it.

minime
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(32.3 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
newgrfw.cfg
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
SCR2.png
SCR2.png (5.91 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with Alpha 67

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

Take a look at this, think you can figure this out

BTW, the year goes loop on 2070, 2070, 2070... it is freakly annoying, i want that goes on forever!

Take a look at this.

C64
Attachments
Let me know if you want as TIFF
Let me know if you want as TIFF
Untitled-1.png (721.73 KiB) Viewed 665 times
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Is it really that hard to find the eternalgame switch?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

It is if you don't RTFM :D
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Problem with Alpha 67

Post by DaleStan »

HyBeRbOoM xLc wrote:Let me know if you want as TIFF
That doesn't much interest me, but can I get it as an 8-bit PNG, maximum resolution 640x480? (~43k, as opposed to the 720k monster you posted.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Old Version Of TTDX

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

Patchman, as you see my picture above, i m using very old version of TTDX. It was after Oskar and i had to replace it with A67 but i m out of idea which to download NewGRF... Can you or anyone provide the list in .grf of available newGRF and where to get it...

Thanks
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

DaleStan wrote:
HyBeRbOoM xLc wrote:Let me know if you want as TIFF
That doesn't much interest me, but can I get it as an 8-bit PNG, maximum resolution 640x480? (~43k, as opposed to the 720k monster you posted.)
What this supposed mean? I am wondering if someone want to stretch more to see everything better?

As you referred to Monster, I am using 1024X768 and Photoshop CS2, I order them to save in TIFF, and use the MS Paint to save from TIFF to PNG. Ok?

C64
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)
Beaver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beaver »

Hey, is it OK that monorail have no more "monorail" name and use "electr. railways" in TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 69 pre 1 ? In a68 it was still monorail I think...

minime: Don't bother with PLN and HUF, where is the CZK ? :evil:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

HyBeRbOoM xLc wrote:I am using 1024X768 and Photoshop CS2, I order them to save in TIFF, and use the MS Paint to save from TIFF to PNG. Ok?
Use TTD's built-in screen-shot function, open the PCX in something competent (MS Paint is not competent, BTW) and save as PNG.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I experienced similar problems in TTD Patch 68 for WINDOWS. Even worse TTD Patch 68 for DOS crashes in intro screen! (Even without any newgrfs.) I hope 69 for DOS comes out quickly.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Dalestan, if all you need is the image, then I have processed his image for you and it is attached. If you needed him to do it himself, then I could unattach it and let him figure it out. :wink:
Attachments
-
-
Image1.png (43.77 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Rob wrote:Oh and the patch is asking for a new mkpttxt.exe.
I just downloaded it and it says this /\ What am i supposed to do?
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “General TTDPatch”