2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> Are there serious issues left with 2.5 itself?

The bug tracker can be found here.

regards
Michael
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Unfortunately, there are still bugs in the 2.5 source. For example, I've fixed a memory overwrite bug just yesterday. (It was causing the crashes with some ECS cargoes.) Every time I think now it's stable enough, someone finds a bug again...
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> Every time I think now it's stable enough, someone finds a bug again..

Yes!

E.g., under DOS, 2.5 (and 2.6 as well!) is far from stable. Since a66 I´ve sent numerous bug reports all involving overwriting some memory which will result in various crashes or instabilities of Win98SE.

TBH, I´ve become resigned meanwhile.

regards
Michael
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

And these randomly memory overwrites aren't easy to spot,
specially for all these Action based Callback stuff some grf authors request.... :P

But well, we have reached a critical mass that result in very odd problems, with certain switch combinations. (There are some places patched 5 times or more)

Some crashes are not solveable very easy, say a code pieces accidental overwrite a station landscape tile, it won't do any harm until it needs to draw that piece. And we can really only guard our own memory, not the TTD used ones, the the best way is still to create a testcase so it crashes via a savegame.
Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gondrong »

In my game I always get news that train is lost but the train work normal not lost, does anybody experience this too? is this a bug or something? how can I fix it?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Gondrong wrote:In my game I always get news that train is lost but the train work normal not lost, does anybody experience this too? is this a bug or something? how can I fix it?
The train has not been to a station or a depot in a while ... you probable have a very long line between stations. Try putting a waypoint abut halfway along the line.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Gondrong wrote:In my game I always get news that train is lost but the train work normal not lost, does anybody experience this too? is this a bug or something? how can I fix it?
Increase the value of your "losttrains" switch. The lost message is generated when a train has not visited a station for the number of days specified in the switch.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Just thought i'd stick in another beta bug:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=31317
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gondrong »

Is there any new version of the beta?? anybody still developing??
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

DaleStan wrote:What do you think?
Well, i hadn't seen that until now... :(

And Gondrong, the latest Beta is still Beta9, however the nightlies contain heaps of new features to exploit.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Pookey wrote:
DaleStan wrote:What do you think?
Well, i hadn't seen that until now... :(

And Gondrong, the latest Beta is still Beta9, however the nightlies contain heaps of new features to exploit.
that is that thing ive been telling you about school where all the code for the patch gets put. the nightlies get compiled from the 2.6 branch of it.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Carlo Ghega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlo Ghega »

Bug assumed in PBS using 2,5 beta 9 concerning to trains not entering stations where two-way signals are not positioned immediately after the exits of the station.

(Tried to reproduce my PBS-problems mentioned in the alpha-thread in a small experimental beta game and ended like on the pictures below:)

If I force the trains through, it is working for a short while, then the problem occures again. Probably not the next time a train passes, but usually very soon.

As far as tested, Rob seems to be right, when pointing out that it appears only if difficulty setting is put on "reverse at end of line and at stations".

Thank you very much for your efforts, (hope I get not annoying).

Best regards,

CG

p.s.: Details to the problem can also be found here (sorry for relinking, first was not sure if it wasn't just a handling error): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=580901

Savegame to picture SCR19.png here, all other files in the upcoming reply:
Attachments
TRT53.SV1
(196.95 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
SCR19.png
SCR19.png (50.97 KiB) Viewed 15755 times
SCR20.png
SCR20.png (50.39 KiB) Viewed 15755 times
Last edited by Carlo Ghega on 01 May 2007 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove!
Carlo Ghega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlo Ghega »

Like seen on picture SCR20.png - normally should occure soon by itself. Just in case here the situation as savegame too.

THX 4 everything!

Carlo
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
TRT57.SV1
(200.63 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
beta9_ttdpatch.cfg
(35.21 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
E pur si muove!
kvtb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvtb »

here's a train crash (beta 9). It may not be a TTDPatch bug.
Attachments
TRP07.SV1
crash
(459.06 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

kvtb wrote:here's a train crash (beta 9). It may not be a TTDPatch bug.
PBS signals must have at least one reservable tile between them. It appears that tunnels are not reservable, although the documentation suggests they are...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The bug tracker only shows 9 bugs pertaining to 2.5 ... Are these all that stand in the way of a stable 2.5 beta 10 release?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Nope. Most things listed as "Very Urgent" here also need to be fixed. Especially the crashes.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

In addition, it´d be a good thing to get fixed all those MU-related problems for a next Beta.

regards
Michael
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Which MU-related problems?

Return to “General TTDPatch”